Black Christians : Joel Osteen: ‘Most People Desire to Have a Relationship with God’

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Religion,

... Let's discuss this Family,

Joel Osteen: ‘Most People Desire to Have a Relationship with God’

Joel Osteen describes himself as “naturally shy” and “reserved.” Not the first words you’d expect to hear from a minister who preaches weekly to a 43,000-strong congregation and reaches tens of millions more on TV and online.
“I walk into a room and I’m not the center of attention,” said Osteen in an interview with ABC News correspondent Byron Pitts. “If I go into a room, I’m going to go find the two people I know.”
Yet as the cheerful and commanding presence at Lakewood Church in Houston, Osteen said he has overcome that natural reserve with careful preparation, working on his Sunday sermon up to four days in advance. It’s those sorts of barriers – in his case, shyness –that he hopes others can get beyond through his new book, “Break Out!”
“You cannot let where you are today cause you to get stuck,” said Osteen. “I’m going to be my best right now. That’s what faith is all about.”

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/newsmak...e-desire-relationship-god-184158010.html?vp=1

8dc78d04f31469a3ba19adb603588eff

“As to who goes to Heaven, I can’t be the judge of that,” he said. “There are good people, there are different religions. I just thank God that I’m not the one who gets to choose or who gets to decide. God’s mercy is big and broad. If you call on the name of the Lord, you will be saved. I don’t know who’s going to call, but I hope everybody will.”

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back