Black Christians : Joel Osteen: ‘Most People Desire to Have a Relationship with God’

Discussion in 'Christian Study Group' started by Clyde C Coger Jr, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078
    In the Spirit of Religion,

... Let's discuss this Family,

Joel Osteen: ‘Most People Desire to Have a Relationship with God’

Joel Osteen describes himself as “naturally shy” and “reserved.” Not the first words you’d expect to hear from a minister who preaches weekly to a 43,000-strong congregation and reaches tens of millions more on TV and online.
    “I walk into a room and I’m not the center of attention,” said Osteen in an interview with ABC News correspondent Byron Pitts. “If I go into a room, I’m going to go find the two people I know.”
    Yet as the cheerful and commanding presence at Lakewood Church in Houston, Osteen said he has overcome that natural reserve with careful preparation, working on his Sunday sermon up to four days in advance. It’s those sorts of barriers – in his case, shyness –that he hopes others can get beyond through his new book, “Break Out!”
    “You cannot let where you are today cause you to get stuck,” said Osteen. “I’m going to be my best right now. That’s what faith is all about.”

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/newsmak...e-desire-relationship-god-184158010.html?vp=1

[​IMG]

2. legit-writer

legit-writer Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    The responses oughta be intersting:thinking: