Black People : Job Opportunities in Chicago Area

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by neon44, Nov 29, 2005.

1. neon44

neon44 Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
  2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I think it is quite admirable that you've come here to offer someone a job. Hopefully there is someone in the family who has the skills you need, and can take advantage of the opportunity. FYI...I deleted the duplicate threads you had in the Investment and Website forums. However your generous offer has made me think that maybe we should have a forum dedicate to employment services (job searching, openings, resume writing, interviewing skills, etc).

3. neon44

neon44 Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Where are the Black Computer Programmers?

PanAfrica,
    That would be great because, I have access to about 10 positions and it would be great if I can hire some of my own.
    Noone in my family has any computer skills and I simply do not know any black programmers. I'm not going to be ignorant and say that there aren't any black programmers, but I sure don't see any.
    I've been in the business for about 10 years now, and only have seen 3 C/Java developers. It's a shame too, this is a good career. Nice money, low racism, good job security, flexible hours.

If only the Thugs would pick up a **** computer book *lol*.

4. neon44

neon44 Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    one more thing

PanAfrica,
    One more thing, my wife is excellent at writing resumes and interviewing skills. She used to make money on the side in college doing that. I'm sure she'll be glad to help out people with their resume's.