Black Christians : JOB, His Racist Friend, & the Arameans

Discussion in 'Christian Study Group' started by Chevron Dove, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,732
    JOB, His Beautiful Daughters, His Black African Wife & the Arameans
    JOB, His Racist Friend, & the Arameans [Part II]

There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil. JOB 1:1.

One of the four friends that came to see Job when he heard the bad news about Job was Eliphaz the Temanite and that means that he was a White man that came from the civilization of the Timnites in ‘the Middle Eastern region’ that has its origins in Mitanni [MIT-TIMNITE]. The name has been written in different variations that reflect the distinct cultures that came from the kind of White people that left from Mitanni and migrated down into the land of Ham and formed a civilization in the land of the Philistines which was the land of Mizraim Ham and from there branched off into other distinct cultures throughout the region under names such as ‘Timnath’, ‘Timah’, ‘Timna’, ‘Temanite’ [‘Teman’, ‘Temani’], ‘Timnath-serah’ [in Mt. Ephraim; Joseph], or, ‘Timnath-heres’ [Inverted; ‘serah-heras- Mt. Ephraim]. Written as ‘Temanite’ [Tema] and based upon the context in the Bible, it means that this White man came from the Sinai Peninsula region in the land of Edom [Idumaea] and therefore, he was a descendant of Esau. The Aramean lands that Job lived within was nearby this region and so when the news spread as to what happened to Job and his family, at first three older friends of Job came to see him and another fourth man came later and conversed with Job in hopes of helping him recover from the atrocity. Prior to this visit and before Job became ill there were messengers of whom abruptly approached Job and told him the news about a wind storm and a fire that overwhelmed his sons and daughters of whom had earlier all gathered together in the house of Job’s oldest son. Messengers came running up to Job and each of them came with a different aspects of the devastating news in that a fire from heaven came down and a wind storm came blowing in that caused the house to become engulfed in flames and consumed and during this destruction, the Blacks, the Sabeans [Sheba] and Chaldaean people, in the region attacked the servants on the property, looted, and ran off with all the wealth the family of Job had acquired.

Based upon the names of the four friends of Job and other civilizations defined in that region within a certain time period, the kind of destruction described that happened to Job and his family correlates to the region where the great cities of Sodom and Gomorrah were consumed. Therefore, the life of Job spans from around the lifetime of Abraham up to and beyond the lifetime of Jacob, the grandson of Abraham from the 2000s BC beyond the 1900s BC. History proves that there were certain parts in the nearby Arabian Peninsula that bordered the present day western boundaries of ‘the Middle East’ that had a different topography in that it was lush land with trees and valleys but certain areas soon went through a dramatic change for certain reasons of which included the great fires that swept through and was furthered due to the yearly wind storm systems that came through. These fires and wind storms also enhanced the process of desertification that had also been occurring and so the catastrophe that happened to Job probably happened in a nearby region. After Job received this sudden news about his family then he became struck with an infection that left him with boils and scabs that covered his body from his head to his foot and he became so sick he was unable to rise and protect his own property, therefore he too was later robbed and looted byway of the destitute and suppressed Black people, Cush Hamites, of whom had been scattered throughout the region. Due to the name of Job’s daughters that the Bible provides and the kind of history and civilizations that became associated with their names throughout times, it becomes apparent that Job had also bonded with Black Ham and therefore this reality made the rebuke he received from his friends all the more intense. This would be the setting and the environment of this saga and because the foundation of the Black African American Church initially depended upon White America during Chattel Slavery times to interpret the Bible, this would be the reason why we have not been made to understand crucial issues that concerns the Black African presence in the Bible:

There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil. And there were born unto him seven sons and three daughters….this man was the greatest of all the men of the east. And his sons went and feasted in their houses, every one his day; and sent and called for their three sisters to eat and to drink with them.

And there came a messenger unto Job, and said,…the Sabeans fell upon them, and took them away; yea, they have slain the servants with the edge of the sword; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee….While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, The Chaldeans made out three bands, and fell upon the camels, and have carried them away, yea, and slain the servants with the edge of the sword; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.

While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, Thy sons and thy daughters were eating and drinking wine in their eldest brother's house: And, behold, there came a great wind from the wilderness, and smote the four corners of the house, and it fell upon the young men, and they are dead; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee. Then Job arose, and rent his mantle, and shaved his head, and fell down upon the ground, and worshipped,…
    JOB 1:1-4, 14-20.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So went Satan forth from the presence of the LORD, and smote Job with sore boils from the sole of his foot unto his crown.

And he took him a potsherd to scrape himself withal; and he sat down among the ashes. Then said his wife unto him, Dost thou still retain thine integrity? curse God, and die. But he said unto her, Thou speakest as one of the foolish women speaketh….

Now when Job's three friends heard of all this evil that was come upon him, they came every one from his own place; Eliphaz the Temanite, and Bildad the Shuhite, and Zophar the Naamathite: for they had made an appointment together to come to mourn with him and to comfort him. And when they lifted up their eyes afar off, and knew him not, they lifted up their voice, and wept; and they rent every one his mantle, and sprinkled dust upon their heads toward heaven. So they sat down with him upon the ground seven days and seven nights, and none spake a word unto him: for they saw that his grief was very great. JOB 2:7-13.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then Eliphaz the Temanite answered and said, If we assay to commune with thee, wilt thou be grieved? but who can withhold himself from speaking? Behold, thou hast instructed many, and thou hast strengthened the weak hands. Thy words have upholden him that was falling, and thou hast strengthened the feeble knees….

Remember, I pray thee, who ever perished, being innocent? or where were the righteous cut off? Even as I have seen, they that plow iniquity, and sow wickedness, reap the same. By the blast of God they perish, and by the breath of his nostrils are they consumed.

Now a thing was secretly brought to me, and mine ear received a little thereof…. and I heard a voice, saying, Shall mortal man be more just than God? shall a man be more pure than his maker? JOB 4:1-4, 7-9.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I chose an excerpt from the Book of Job Chapters 1,2, 4, 5 and 6 in order to bring out a few strategic issues that might help to better understand the whole Book of Job. When the three friends heard the news about Job, they came to comfort him but when they saw him, they were so shocked at first, so much so that they could not find the words to say anything. So they remained with Job for the next seven (7) days until they finally decided on a way to try and help Job to get out of the predicament. They all reasoned together that Job became chastised by the Creator God for reaching out and helping the destitute Blacks [the word-name, ‘Chaldean’ means ‘Black’; a collective term] and therefore, they method in order to help Job was to appeal to Job in order to get him to recognize how foolish he had been to step in between God and try and help those ‘low down, no good, worthless Blacks’. They believed that if they could get Job to accept his predicament as being a worthy chastisement from God and repent and leave those Blacks for God to deal with as he chose fit, then Job would be delivered from his torment and become restored to his wealthy life.

Eliphaz was the first man to speak to Job and by the time he was ready to speak to Job, he had become so sure of himself in what he believed had happened to Job that he became filled with age against Job for helping those Blacks and he unleashed his passion against Job immediately. Basically, he told Job that he had become so angry that he could not with hold his peace anymore but he just had to get it out. Then he told Job that he ‘Job’ basically went out of his way to instruct and help those destitute Blacks from completely falling and becoming completely down and out in terms of their health and etc., and he taught them to have hope, and Eliphaz said, ‘but now that you have become like them, you can’t even endure the hardships that you told them they could do’. Then Eliphaz said that those Blacks were judged by blast of God’s rebuke and if they were innocent and righteous they would not have been judged by God and he said to Job that they reaped what they sowed, therefore Job had no right to interfere. He went on to describe the mighty power of the Blacks as they had been before the Babylonian government was overthrown and Eliphaz defined them as did the Bible as well, as being fierce lions, mighty lions, young warrior lions, old wise lions and a time when they were so powerful their roar put fear in people and no one was able to do anything to these Cush Hamites. Eliphaz told Job that God struck them down and when this happened, the repercussion of it were that ‘the lions whelps’, meaning the children and the descendants, became scattered and this therefore was their lot, so Eliphaz told Job to leave them alone and leave them to their fate because they had gotten what they deserved. He told Job that he heard a spiritual voice of wisdom of which provided him the confirmation in that Job had been stupid and therefore, he pass the spiritual message onto to Job and said to him basically, that ‘Job stepped in front of God, played God, and help those Blacks and when he did this, he basically was trying to correct God in his judgment against those Blacks. He told Job that he can’t be better than God and correct God’. Now here is the kicker; the proof that Eliphaz had actually communed with Satan--He said to Job that the voice told him that Job tried to play God and that God would never allow Job to do that as a man, because God DID NOT EVEN TRUST HIS ANGELS!--Therefore, why would he trust Job to further his ‘God’s’ cause in helping out mankind. Eliphaz said based upon the spiritual voice that, ‘man basically is born, lives and dies as do any fool and there is no regard or memory of him when he dies. So why would you ‘Job’ trouble yourself over the predicament of the Blacks or anybody for that matter, just live and let die. This was the message that Eliphaz was so enraged to reveal to Job, and he went on farther in Chapter 5:

Call now, if there be any that will answer thee; and to which of the saints wilt thou turn?

For wrath killeth the foolish man, and envy slayeth the silly one. I have seen the foolish taking root: but suddenly I cursed his habitation….

I would seek unto God, and unto God would I commit my cause: Which doeth great things and unsearchable; marvellous things without number: Who giveth rain upon the earth, and sendeth waters upon the fields: Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: JOB 5:1-3, 8-10, 17.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Eliphaz said to Job, ‘even if you call for help, no one is going to help you now because of what you have done’. He tells Job that when he saw those foolish Chaldaeans and Black Sabeans all puffed up in their glory, he knew that they were eventually going to be destroyed in their own ignorance and brash evilness towards each other. Eliphaz said that when he saw them taking root and establishing themselves, he cursed their habitation and scoffed at their very presence. He said that they commit crimes against each other and rob each other of their substance, and cause their own children to become attacked and left destitute, and in this statement, Eliphaz gives Job a backhanded rebuke in that Job suffered the same fate that he was describing as being foolish acts and deeds. So, he told Job to seek God on how to deal with his ‘obviously wrong’ feelings of compassion for those Blacks because he said that, ‘God knows how to take care of them and how to help the ones that are poor and innocent amongst the masses’. Eliphaz said that if God can give rain to water the earth then he knows how to divided the evil Blacks from the ones that need his protection. He tells Job not to be upset that God chastised him for getting in the way of how God chooses to help the Blacks, and that God will forgive him and restore him back to his wealth. But when Eliphaz finished unleashing his racist hatred against the Black Hamites and attacking his friend for helping them, then Job ripped into him with a fury and ‘cut through the bull’ and told Eliphaz basically that he was indeed a racist.

Job told Eliphaz that as a Temanite, they [the troops of Tema] amounted to nothing because they were deceivers and led the Black Sabeans [Sheba] to believe in them but in the end, the Temanites abandoned them and did not want their help because they wanted the Sabeans to be cut down and therefore Job said it was because they were cowards and afraid and for their deceitfulness they would be the one to perish. Job said that just because he ‘Job’ happened to be knocked down doesn’t give them ‘his friends’ the right to act as cowards and become fearful of the Sabeans and attack him for reaching out and helping destitute people. He said that he did not asked them for their help or their pity in this way but now here they come with their talk against the Sabeans because they were cowards and afraid of the Blacks that they so hated. He told Eliphaz that he was the kind of person that would dig a pit to beat him down just because he ‘Job’ reached out to help the destitute and he said that Eliphaz was the kind of person that would see the poor, needy and fatherless and bring them so much hardship that they would become overwhelmed. Cont.

But Job answered and said, Oh that my grief were throughly weighed, and my calamity laid in the balances together!…

To him that is afflicted pity should be shewed from his friend; …My brethren have dealt deceitfully as a brook, and as the stream of brooks they pass away;

The paths of their way are turned aside; they go to nothing, and perish. The troops of Tema looked, the companies of Sheba waited for them. They were confounded because they had hoped; they came thither, and were ashamed. For now ye are nothing; ye see my casting down, and are afraid. Did I say, Bring unto me? or, Give a reward for me of your substance? Or, Deliver me from the enemy's hand? or, Redeem me from the hand of the mighty?…

Yea, ye overwhelm the fatherless, and ye dig a pit for your friend.
    JOB 6:1-2, 14-15, 18-23, 27.