Black Spirituality Religion : Jimmy Carter leave his church over treatment of women

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Corvo, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Corvo

Corvo navigator of live MEMBER

United States
    Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
    Ratings:
    +1,771
  2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078
    In the Spirit of Sankofa!

Corvo,

Brother, thanks for this info. The Elders program of Carter and Mandela is a start toward correcting the misrepresentation and mistranslation of scripture, I call them latter rain teachers. Of the entire article, I I find this paragraph most interesting:

The truth is that male religious leaders have had - and still have - an option to interpret holy teachings either to exalt or subjugate women. They have, for their own selfish ends, overwhelmingly chosen the latter. Their continuing choice provides the foundation or justification for much of the pervasive persecution and abuse of women throughout the world. This is in clear violation not just of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights but also the teachings of Jesus Christ, the Apostle Paul, Moses and the prophets, Muhammad, and founders of other great religions - all of whom have called for proper and equitable treatment of all the children of God. It is time we had the courage to challenge these views

Also keep in mind, when the terminology, male religious leaders, is used; it speaks specifically to White Men, directly and indirectly...Peace In my brother friend,

3. Corvo

Corvo navigator of live MEMBER

United States
    Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
    Ratings:
    +1,771

I'm totally with you brother clyde. Mr. Carter and Mandela have allot of courage to address these issues. I bet you the pope won't follow!
    :whip:

4. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    What African person understanding reality actually cares what Peanut carter does or did? For that fact what Mandela does either? Every African person with any knowledge what-so-ever knows that Mandela sold Queen Winnie Mandela and the movement that she kept alive while he was locked up down the drain for those white people. Now because Peanut Carter mentions a religion that they control along with prophets that never historically existed, we're supposed to jump up and hip hip hooray!???

And as for the male religious leader??? It speaks to African people also because we are equally on some white male dominated B.S. also...so cut the nonsense!!! There is a serious under-current going on within this site that I'm picking up very quickly and I don't want to have to start calling names or collaborators out in here.

I read what is said, when it's said, how it's said, to who it is said or supported as well as what is not said. The whole month I was gone all I did was read and watch the chess game going on....and there is one going on!

5. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078

Corvo,

Appreciate that for real, and I am glad we see eye to eye on the matter.

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078

Keita,

Brother, I don’t know what you expect from me by way of posts/exchanges, but I am no longer into unproductive back and forth combative discourse, and have not been for some time now; which is not to say productive discourse will be unengaged. I can only invite you to work with us as I did recently when you thought about doing a YouTube presentation, while we move in the direction of being one step away; or as you say a minimum of five steps away from greatness, here at Destee.com, which is my only desire, for real.

7. Akobundu

Akobundu Well-Known Member MEMBER

Divine being
    Ratings:
    +36
    Wow thats interesting

8. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    i suppose that will stop when folks stop trying to "combat" getting out from under the whitebraining that seems to be so loved. or if everyone else decides to goose step to that sad, destructive party line ... which ain't agonna happen, so i guess it ain't going nowhere.

it is much easier to seek to "defend" that which all "know" so well, as handed down by those planetary invaders (rhetorically; is there anyplace on this planet where they were invited to bring all their poisons and pollutions?), than it is to actually think things through for one's self.

(i guess it takes stepping outside of the box to finally see what one has been caught up in, eh? welcome to the actual real!)

9. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078

anAfrican,

Thanks, I guess one can say that I finally made it. Yes, both the box and outside the box thinking is needed to unravel this mess:)

10. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    "Inner City Blues Make Me Wanna Holler"

(it is so interesting/validating how just the most appropriate song will pop up at just the most appropriate time!!)
    lol ... i was actually speaking of the "one month out of the destee.com box":
    you ain't there yet if you think one can do both given that the "inside the box" thinking helps to perpetuate the defilement of ThisEarth, the human body ([​IMG]tats? piercings?[​IMG]), "worship" of a man [​IMG] called "savior", thinking one has to have an intercessor [​IMG] to speak with/to [and that's another; one can speak WITH - it is a two way communication!!] the Creator, tossing up that "lynch post"[​IMG] as a "graven image"[​IMG] marking y'all's churches and pulpits and stuff[​IMG], believing that one must "belong" to a church [​IMG] when All of Life is The Church and every Breath is a Prayer and every Thought is a Dialog with the Creator ...

naw, don't thank me because that bit was NOT directed at you ... which is why it was set off in parentheses.