Black Women : Jezebel Stereotype

I have to agree with Solo on this one. I don't think badly of sistas as a whole. I just think we should all be realistic about the world that we are living in. Black women can be beautiful, no one doubts that. Black women can be strong and loving also. Not all are though. Same as us brothas. We can work hard, stick around for our children and turn the other cheek when you slap us in the face first. We're not all bad. I just think some women don't like knowing that some men won't just settle because you're a black woman. I would never say all black women are loud, materialistc, uneducated tramps, but I will say the majority of the ones that I have come across have a few of those attributes. Black women are the ideal mate for the black man, but if I never find a black woman to share my life with, it isn't because I turned the good one's away. It's because there were none around worth my time and effort. But I do love the sistas on the site. It's a shame I only seem to find good sistas hundreds of miles away.

Reading that article had broken my heart. There is so much for me to learn about my history not only as an African-American but as a black woman. There are girls today that are my age and younger who don't know what name white society has put on us as a black community. Most but not all of them are promiscuious and think nothing of it. And because of that some of our young men believe that all of us are that way, and don't carry much respect for us. I have never heard of a black female being called a Jezebel before and that is very insulting. More importantly our men just not need to support us but its about time that we as a community educate our future generations strongly on our identity as a people!

I think that sisters and brothers need to stop the name calling on both sides of the spectrum. We've all been through some nonsense and have had to deal with someone who didn't appreciate us, or took us for granted. What we need to do is stop highlighting the negatives and just learn from it. We can sit here and analyze and evaluate all we want to, but what a lot of us don't do is think about what those situations, and those people, taught us. We're supposed to come out of situations as better people. We shouldn't doubt the qualities of a particular gender or race because of the actions of one, or a couple of people.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back