destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
My Dear Darling Sisters and Brothers,

I've just spent the last little bit of time reading this web page, which is linked below. I found it as a result of Brother Isaiah posting this thread, JIM CROW MUSEUM OF RACIST MEMORABILIA. Thank you Brother Isaiah.

With so many threads in the community right now, talking negatively about Sisters, continuing to tear us down, instead of lifting us up as they should be doing ... i thought this thread (visiting the site below and reading the information found there) might help us regain our focus.

The Black woman has forever been the victim of harsh and unfair depictions, and in this day and time, to have our Brothers continue in this vein ... by not properly counting the historical violations put on us that continue through today ... only violates us all the more.

As a Black woman, the information contained in the link below caused my soul to ache. Then i return to share it with my Family, knowing full well that there are way too many threads, right here in our own home, that continue to perpetuate this evil.

My Brothers, we need you. We needed you then, and we need you now.

It's up to you whether we'll have your love and support.

I look forward to everyone's comments.

Jezebel Stereotype

Much Love and Peace Family.

:heart:

Destee

I just read the article and it was a good read, but none of the guys here are calling black women whores and "Jezebels". I understand where you're coming from, but the fact is these threads are born of frustration. I know that there are plenty of things for black women to be frustrated at black men about, and we often read about it and see it in the media, on TV, and everywhere else. Just because we are frustrated with black women doesn't mean we don't sympathize and don't want to support you.

I was once told that if I had such a problem with black women then I should date white. I replied that if I wanted a white woman I would have no problems, because I can get one of those if I want. Apparently, they like something about me. But I WANT a strong, loving relationship with a BLACK woman, so obviously black women are important enough to me to constantly endure all the frustration and rejection that comes with wanting one. I think some of the other guys would tell you the same thing. If we didn't care, we wouldn't be here. But we need to vent sometimes just like you women. Try not to take these threads personally; men don't usually have anywhere to go with this stuff and if we can't talk to OUR women about it then who can we go to? Surely you don't want us talking to Snowflake about our issues with black women do you?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back