Black People : Jewish-Black coalition

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Zulile, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    (I'm posting this as I am aware of the 'global shift' taking place.. this simply exemplifies the matter... read the full article.. what is it really saying?)

Jewish-Black coalition against hate crimes started in NY

"Racism and anti-Semitism hurt all of us," said Assemblyman Dov Hikind, who announced a new citywide Jewish-Black alliance this week, following a noticeable rise in hate crimes towards both communities over the last year.

"The time is now for our communities to stand together and advocate for the betterment of all," said Hikind who inaugurated the new "Blacks & Jews Together" alliance Sunday, two weeks before Martin Luther King Day.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1198517318692&pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull

2. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

Since so many members here have already dismissed the notion [in past threads] of Coalition Building there is no way I would especially advocate uniting with Jews unless they denounced political Zionism and did away with the Zionist lobby AIPAC.

3. JohnHorse

JohnHorse Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jewish is a religion, why do people always say "JEWS" like it's a race or something. Their is no such thing as a semite

4. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    I hear you both, and agree.

However, I was looking for opinions on what members think the article is actually saying, and more importantly, why - why now?