Black Christians : Jesus was black, undeniable proof ...

Clyde, thanks for your comment.

I do not mean to offend anyone. I mention Fine and refer to her because of long prior discussions on BSC. I simply hold deep admiration and respect for her very keen mind and thinking.

And neither do I intend to offend, but all I know is this writer33 ...

For
eight (8) years, Fine1952 and I have had tremendous animus toward each other, over the Bible. She is against it, with tooth and nail, and I'm for it, with tooth and nail ... Here's an excerpt and a post from Thread(s) to confirm:

Also Fine1952, you seem to like John G. Jackson, as all of us should, however, you never make mention of this book by Jackson, Was Jesus Christ a Negro?Jacksonwrote this work in 1933, and answered the question with substantial proof and scholarship.

THE TRUTH OF THE HISTORICAL JESUS & THE MYTHICAL CHRIST
Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Fine1952, May 6, 2006

The Mythical/Mystical Christ
Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Fine1952, Aug 18, 2007

And please don't get confused, there are 2 different Threads with the same basic information; and yes, she posted twice, back to back.

In the Spirit of Sankofa!

Fine1952 and Da Street So’ja,
Street, Fine and I have gone back and forth on these issues extensively; below please find links to the dialogue. Since nothing new has been presented, I need only submit the links. And Street, please give a fair read before you rush back with a response, I am not one that finds enjoyment in being redundant:

http://destee.com/forums/showpost.php?p=519116&postcount=72

http://destee.com/forums/showpost.php?p=520731&postcount=107

http://destee.com/forums/showpost.php?p=520753&postcount=108

Also Fine1952, you seem to like John G. Jackson, as all of us should, however, you never make mention of this book by Jackson, Was Jesus Christ a Negro? Jackson wrote this work in 1933, and answered the question with substantial proof and scholarship.

Thanks Clyde....
I understand that. She challenged Christian thought on BSC, too. She even blocked me for a while. I wanted to understand her points of view and perspectives. We didn't always agree, either. And she showed incredible kindness to a wonderful Christian friend on BSC who later died.
Yes, she can be combative, a strong will and mind.
But after some years, I also know she has a kindness and softness (NOT to be mistaken for weakness) that is rarely seen. I have come to admire her, even though I know we do have different religious priorities.
Hers is that Egyptian spirituality (Kemet) formed the origins of black spirituality and of matriarchal leadership, and that other later religions, particularly Christianity, have copied (even plagiarized) elements of it. (Of course she may correct me, as this is my take on her thinking as best I can try to relate it here....and far from complete.)
Mine is to find how religions of all paths can find convergence out of the clear commonality of humankind, as evidence of human spiritual yearnings is found all over the world -- different paths from different traditions, customs, ethnicities, civilizations -- from which were formed religions, and means of ritualized obedience to them to fit their times.
Yet to me, our eventual common destination is death, the end or transition from this life, and the spiritual begins -- or it resumes (reincarnation?).
And so I believe we all have pieces of the truth, including Fine's often strong departures, as other faiths do in that "commonality" shared by humankind. We differ and fight wars over so many self-induced limitations, while failing to reach out the learn the different unknown pieces from each other, so that we all can begin to see the overall tapestry of creation, and how we all fit in.
This is partly where Fine and I go different paths. And probably how I venture far outside my Christian roots. Yet I still honor her, and honor Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Native American, Hindu, Buddhists, Taoists, etc, and those of indigenous faiths. Yet we all seek a common destination, except that we see it in different ways -- and I feel yet incomplete ways, because we lock ourselves into the prisons of our minds, of our incompleteness.
I do feel the Egyptians, the Mayans, the Incas, Buddhists, etc all "had something" of great value that should be given consideration, as also respecting the spiritual paths since, but which we erroneously conclude to ourselves "that is all we need," when there is yet more to be learned, both from our ancestors as well as meditation, science, research and embracing each other in love as we go along.
Just my own feelings about it at this point in time....

Then its safe to say that our exchanges will be minus any mentioning of Fine1952, since we both are well aware?

Thanks Clyde....
I understand that. She challenged Christian thought on BSC, too. She even blocked me for a while. I wanted to understand her points of view and perspectives. We didn't always agree, either. And she showed incredible kindness to a wonderful Christian friend on BSC who later died.
Yes, she can be combative, a strong will and mind.
But after some years, I also know she has a kindness and softness (NOT to be mistaken for weakness) that is rarely seen. I have come to admire her, even though I know we do have different religious priorities.
Hers is that Egyptian spirituality (Kemet) formed the origins of black spirituality and of matriarchal leadership, and that other later religions, particularly Christianity, have copied (even plagiarized) elements of it. (Of course she may correct me, as this is my take on her thinking as best I can try to relate it here....and far from complete.)
Mine is to find how religions of all paths can find convergence out of the clear commonality of humankind, as evidence of human spiritual yearnings is found all over the world -- different paths from different traditions, customs, ethnicities, civilizations -- from which were formed religions, and means of ritualized obedience to them to fit their times.
Yet to me, our eventual common destination is death, the end or transition from this life, and the spiritual begins -- or it resumes (reincarnation?).
And so I believe we all have pieces of the truth, including Fine's often strong departures, as other faiths do in that "commonality" shared by humankind. We differ and fight wars over so many self-induced limitations, while failing to reach out the learn the different unknown pieces from each other, so that we all can begin to see the overall tapestry of creation, and how we all fit in.
This is partly where Fine and I go different paths. And probably how I venture far outside my Christian roots. Yet I still honor her, and honor Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Native American, Hindu, Buddhists, Taoists, etc, and those of indigenous faiths. Yet we all seek a common destination, except that we see it in different ways -- and I feel yet incomplete ways, because we lock ourselves into the prisons of our minds, of our incompleteness.
I do feel the Egyptians, the Mayans, the Incas, Buddhists, etc all "had something" of great value that should be given consideration, as also respecting the spiritual paths since, but which we erroneously conclude to ourselves "that is all we need," when there is yet more to be learned, both from our ancestors as well as meditation, science, research and embracing each other in love as we go along.
Just my own feelings about it at this point in time....

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Destee wrote on Cindy's profile.
Hi @Cindy .... :wave: ... :flowers: ... :wave: ... Happy New Year Beloved! Welcome Home! Good to see you! Much Much Love and Peace :heart:
Back