JESUS WAS A VEGETARIAN...

Aqil

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 3, 2001
New York
(First of all it must be said that the Bible does not contain every word that Jesus spoke during the time he lived on this planet, simply because it is impossible to record every word a person speaks during a lifetime.)

There are some profound words spoken by Jesus that are not recorded in the New Testament of the Bible. In an enlightening book that was translated from the Aramaic (the language Jesus spoke) by Dr. Edouard Szekely titled The Essene Gospel of Peace, the great Prophet – who was a member of the Essene sect that practiced vegetarianism – espouses on God’s laws of eating in the following profound statement:

“God commanded your forefathers: ‘Thou Shalt Not Kill!’ But their hearts were hardened and they killed. Then Moses decided that at least they should not kill men, and he suffered them to kill beasts. And then the hearts of your forefathers were hardened yet more, and they killed men and beasts likewise...

But I say unto you: Kill neither men nor beasts, nor the food that goes into your mouth. For if you eat living food, the same will quicken you; but if you kill your food, the dead food will kill you also. For life comes only from life, and from death always comes death...

For everything that kills your foods kills your bodies also. And everything that kills your bodies kills your soul also. And your bodies become what your foods are; even as your spirits, likewise, become what your thoughts are. Therefore eat not anything which fire, frost or water has destroyed. For burned, frozen and rotted foods will burn, freeze, and rot your body also.”

Jesus also admonishes us to:

“Seek not the law in your scriptures, for the law is life, whereas the scriptures is dead. For I tell you truly, Moses received not his laws in writing, but through the living word. The law is the living word of the living God to living prophets for living men...

In everything that is life the law is written. You find it in the grass, in the trees, in the rivers, in the mountains, in the birds of heaven, in the fish of the sea; but seek it chiefly in yourselves. For I tell you truly, all living things are nearer to God than the scripture – which is without life...

God so-made life and all living things that they might – by the ever-living word – teach the laws of the one true God to man. God wrote not the laws in the pages of books, but in your heart and in your spirit.”

Aqil,

while it is true that a lot of the original text has been transposed i applauded you for such enli9ghtenment. Also, i would like to know more on how you came to the conclusion that Jesus was a vegetarian. Although i am not dispelling your views, i am asking for further evidence of such.

it is true that there are a few other texts that speak on the life of Chrsit but, as with the Four Gospels also, they tend to provide a different viewpoint of Christ. I may comment on this topic at a later date but for now i am reading i consuming. Could you provide me more references supproting your comments. I would like to look further...

"iron shrapens iron"

Jesus was an Essene, and the Essenes were a spiritual sect that practiced vegetarianism. According to Philo of Alexandria, in Quod Omnis Probus Liber:

"The Essene were a sect of Jews, and lived in Syria, Palestine. They were over 4,000 in number, and called 'Essaei,' because of their saintliness; for 'hosio'=saintly, and is the same word as 'Essaius.' They were worshipers of God and did not sacrifice animals, regarding a reverent mind as the only true sacrifice...

At first they lived in villages and avoided cities, in order to escape the contagion of evils rife therein. They pursued agriculture and other peaceful arts; but accumulated not gold or silver, nor owned mines. No maker of warlike weapons, no huckster or trader by land or sea was to be found among them. Least of all were any slaves found among them; for they saw in slavery a violation of the law of nature, which made all men free brethren, one of the other..."

(Philo of Alexandria, in Quod Omnis Probus Liber, written ca. 20 A.D.)

I will do as I say but not unto you?

kemestry's point is always the one that occurs to me when I read that Jesus was vegetarian and that we therefore should be as well. It may be a minor one, but the implication bothers me.

Aqil, are you saying that Jesus admonished people to not eat dead flesh, did not eat it himself, yet he willingly served it to the multitude? That does not sound like WJWD.

He served it, so he could not have expected folks not to eat it.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back