Black Spirituality Religion : Jesus the Soul Saver

divinity

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 22, 2003
I find many christians believe Jesus as being the person to "save our souls", (intecessor, redeemer, "final lamb slain") based on the fortelling of his coming in the "Old" testament and the fulfillment of those prophecies in his time.......who do you think he was? Was he only a prophet? Who do you think the "Old" testaments prophecies refer to?

I think that a "person" cant save our souls. lol Only God could do something like that.

I recognize that only Jewish, European and Islamic cultures recognize the concept of sin - and that white and jews in particular maintain that we are "born into" sin - which would make us born in imbalance - a thought that ALL traditional Asian, Native American and Africans cultures reject. We wouldnt even consider the idea that we were made anything less than love and grace. We say we are "born in" Divinity.

Exactly who and what Jesus was is of no consequence to me, as I am black and recognize that I like over 90% of all black people in the western hemispere am a descendent of West African people brought to the U.S. during slavery - and prior to that slavery experience we had our own traditions, our own religions and our relationships with God firmly in place - and Jesus had nothing to do with it.

I also recognize that the White slaver owner introduced Jesus in the black psyche as a means of displacing our traditional beliefs because he felt Jesus was superior to our own beliefs and so that he could use his own cultural dictates to control us - i am interested in neither such attempts and enslaving me or my children.

Exactly who and what Jesus was is of no consequence to me, as I am black and recognize that I like over 90% of all black people in the western hemispere am a descendent of West African people brought to the U.S. during slavery - and prior to that slavery experience we had our own traditions, our own religions and our relationships with God firmly in place - and Jesus had nothing to do with it.

your words are so strong to refute any truth in Jesus and on many of your other posts the possiblity of finding some truth in the bible.....why? Is God's will and way for people separated based on black, white, traditions, culture, region?

I also recognize that the White slaver owner introduced Jesus in the black psyche as a means of displacing our traditional beliefs because he felt Jesus was superior to our own beliefs and so that he could use his own cultural dictates to control us - i am interested in neither such attempts and enslaving me or my children.

So are you know saying Jesus was fictional, some character made up just to deceive blacks? Where did you find such information?

Jesus the Soul Saver
I find many christians believe Jesus as being the person to "save our souls", (intecessor, redeemer, "final lamb slain") based on the fortelling of his coming in the "Old" testament and the fulfillment of those prophecies in his time.......who do you think he was? Was he only a prophet?

Who do you think the "Old" testaments prophecies refer to?

I believe in God the Father, Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth:

And in Jesus Christ, his only begotten Son, our Lord:

Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary:

Suffered under Pontius Pilate; was crucified, dead and buried

The third day he rose again from the dead:

He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty:

From thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead:

I believe in the Holy Ghost:

The forgiveness of sins:

And the life everlasting.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back