Black Spirituality Religion : Jesus Ink

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by UBNaturally, Jun 30, 2014.

1. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Pondered about this for a few and still not sure what is to be made of symbols, icons, and/or images used and branded upon the flesh of those that choose to do so.

[​IMG]

The casual usage of symbols and icons have become a norm for popular culture, yet it still holds some interesting ironies when viewed in the context of those that adorn them.

New Religious or Sacrilegious?

People try their best in their own way to show they have some type of connection to their religion or ideals, and in the Media Industrial Complex things can get quite murky when the beast is set and ready to devour the fresh meat that enters.

Prince, with all his quirkiness, seemed to have survived.
    DMX on the other hand, still deals with what he refers to as "Demons", even his album titles elude to his struggle(s).

When I observe a young child attempting to put together a bike on their own for the first time without a descent instructor or manual, I too may realize when attempting to assist them in assembling the bike that I can learn by helping them also.

But the tattoo has become a form of "commitment" as well as a "cover" to protect people from ill will while at the same time struggling to find themselves in a world where others are eager to toss and shuffle them like a deck of cards.

So do we admonish them for something that is seemingly against what the writings would refer to as something that should be denounced or not done, or allow them to continue to discover and find their own path towards that which they supposedly are seeking?

2. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736