Black Spirituality Religion : Jesus and the Black Man ?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Nisa, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Nisa

Nisa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    I just have a question..kind of serious in my book. How can the Black Man/Woman ever see themselves in the image of GOD..if He is portrayed as/if they pray to a blonde hair blue eyed Jesus?
    In the Bible they say hair like lambs wool,feet like brass burned in an oven. They read this,but even so, an image of a man with hair like dogs and feet dipped in a cup of milk still subconciously brands/hurts their self image..do you think if they didnt portray Jesus is white..we wouldnt be eurocentric....with the blond weaves,blue contacts..and nose jobs and all of that...I wonder... :?:

2. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

Looking forward to the answers on this one :slobber:

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    well, if you want someone who looks like you that means you have to look at the African.

are you ready for that?

4. Nisa

Ratings:
    +31
    Of course,otherwise I wouldnt post this thread...I wonder if our people are ready for that...

5. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    ready or not................

the current deities are Semites.

i am a black African.
    that would be sub Saharan African traditional religions.
    that's the stuff they don't want you to touch.
    there are people here who know far more about ATR than i do.
    they can aid you.

6. Sun Ship

Sun Ship Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +39
    He was depicted as an African before the various councils and Popes (especially Nicene) saw fit to introduce and control this Caucasian image. One of the earliest Black Madonna’s from the 7th or 8th century in France showed a Black Mary, and Jesus, with Africoid features and also two angels or holy men beside them with obvious Dreadlocks.

In the Eastern Roman Church and the Byzantine Empire, Jesus was depicted as a dark skinned non-Caucasian man for centuries. Many of catacombs of Rome are said to have these non-European depictions of Jesus and the early Palestinian saints and believers. The Greeks and Romans knew this was originally a foreign and eastern African-Asiatic religion. The Greek historian Strabo like many other chroniclers viewed the Jews as being Ethiopians.

7. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    While I sincerely appreciate any Original Black relation that one might find in it, I nonetheless have pretty much come to rebuke everything from the Semitic legacy.

It's far to convoluted with Indo-Eurasian contradictions and non-sense to sift through, in order to get back to the "Blackness" of it.

In the meantime, there are plenty of Prophets and Saviors to be venerated in ATR's and other Afro-Asiatic traditions.

What use have I for another man's scraps, when I have a full plate of food sitting right in front of me? ESPECIALLY when their "scraps" came from my plate to begin with??? :confused:

I shall chant HEQATU on the day that my people cease chasing after the meanderings of JEWS, and look within themselves and build Pyramids and Ziggurats once again.

PEACE

8. Nisa

Ratings:
    +31
    What does Heqatu mean?

9. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    It's a Kemetic word, that means the equivolent of "MANTRAS", or words of power.

HOTEP

10. oceolo

oceolo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +15
    The image of a blond blue eyed Jesus is just a creation of european imagination . White people just like everyone else want Jesus to look like them.
    God purposely didnt allow an image or discription of Jesus to exist because he knew people would worship that image .