Brother AACOOLDRE : Jesus 12 or 46 when he began to teach in public?

AACOOLDRE

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 26, 2001
Michigan
Occupation
Teacher
How old was Jesus when he began his ministry?
By Andre Austin

Early this year I got into an online debate about when Jesus began his ministry? Twelve or 46. A Christian Lady said Jesus was God and as a baby and child at 12 he had wisdom and was teaching.

I read in Mark 1:14 that he began his ministry when John the Baptist was in prison then beheaded (34AD). I figured Jesus was born in 12BC being the same age as the Temple (John 2:20-21) and their was a reference to him not yet being fifty years old, meaning he was in his late forty’s. The Gospel of Luke is the only source talking about Jesus teaching at 12. Nobody else reports this. Luke says:

“When he was 12 years old…in the temple courts, sitting among the teachers, listening to them and asking questions. Everyone who heard him was amazed at his understanding and his answers” (Luke 2:42-47). Then in Chapter 3 we hear of Jesus encounter with the Baptist.

Some scholars speculate this story was interpolated from the life of Flavius Josephus (37-100AD) an important Jewish historian of Jesus timeline.

“I made mighty proficiency in the improvements of my learning, and appeared to have both a great memory and understanding. Moreover, when I was a child, and about fourteen years of age, I was commended by all for the love I had to learning; on which account the high priests and principal men of the city came then frequently to me together, in order to know my opinion about the accurate understanding of points of the law. And when I was about sixteen years old (53AD) , I had a mind to make trim of the several sects that were among us. These sects are three: - The first is that of the Pharisees, the second that Sadducees, and the third that of the Essens, as we have frequently told you; for I thought that by this means I might choose the best, if I were once acquainted with them all; so I contented myself with hard fare, and underwent great difficulties, and went through them all. Nor did I content myself with these trials only; but when I was informed that one, whose name was Banus (disciple of John the Baptist?), lived in the desert, and used no other clothing than grew upon trees, and had no other food than what grew of its own accord, and bathed himself in cold water frequently, both by night and by day, in order to preserve his chastity, I imitated him in those things, and continued with him three years.*So when I had accomplished my desires, I returned back to the city, being now nineteen years old, and began to conduct myself according to the rules of the sect of the Pharisees, which is of kin to the sect of the Stoics, as the Greeks call them“.

Many scholars agree that John the Baptist was an Essens that came from the desert area. William Whiston who translated the works of Josephus said Banus might have been a disciple of John the Baptist. John the Baptist seem almost like Banus. Matthew says John coming out of the desert, his clothes made of camel’s hair, and his food was locusts and honey and he baptized in the water of Jordan river for sins to preserve righteousness (Matthew 3: 1-11). Jesus would preach three years after John’s beheading until his own death in 36AD at the age of 48 or 49 and this is why they report “You are not yet fifty years old” (John 8:57).

The people who wrote Jesus memoirs or Biography so they incorporated many prominent Men myths and works and sayings like Horus, Amen, Pythagoras and many others. Jesus didn’t begin his public ministry at 12. He may have very well said some deep religious thoughts at a very young age. Jesus was born in a cave in Ethiopia and educated in Temples in Egypt. The story about Jesus family fleeing to Egypt to escape Herod’s massacre is fiction and may have been written to dispute his time spent in Egypt and Ethiopia. Jesus was a follower of Amen-Ra his family was a symbolic reincarnation of the holy trinity/triple of Osiris, Isis and Horus and the like manner that Black Cleopatra considered herself Isis. The Roman Catholic Church being anti-black have been trying to distort, misrepresent and suppress this since the time of Jesus death.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back