Black People : Jesse L. Peterson - Uncle Tom of the year?

1milehi

Banned
Jan 31, 2004
Denver
Occupation
medical coding
http://adeebafolami.com/

PETERSON DENOUNCES FARRAKHAN, MILLIONS MORE MOVEMENT & MOST BLACKS AS “RACIST”
Posted 05/12/05
------------------------------------------------------------------
Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson (JLP) recently issued a press statement questioning the motives of the Millions More Movement (MMM) and its organizers. His statement was released on the heels of the May 9 ADL press release requesting Black leaders reconsider their support of MMM events scheduled to mark the ten year anniversary of the Million Man March. Peterson is the author of “SCAM: How the Black Leadership Exploits Black America,” and is also President and Founder of BOND (Brotherhood Organization of A New Destiny). AdeebaFolami.com (AFC) spoke with him, May 6, regarding his criticisms of the MMM.

(AFC) - Were you one of the 30 or more leaders who received the ADL letter earlier this week?
(JLP) - As far as I know, I did not receive a letter but I did get the ADL's press release. [My release] wasn't in response to it but I do support what they're saying.

(AFC) - What would you say to those who would consider your statement representative of a crab in the barrel mentality?
(JLP) - They need to get over their racist, resentful attitude toward White Americans so they can see the point I'm making.

(AFC) - How is the Millions More Movement racist and separatist, as stated in your published comments?
(JLP) - Louis Farrakhan is a racist and is anti-Semitic. He has never publicly apologized for the hatred and the racist comments and statements he's made over the years in that he called White folks, ‘blue-eyed devils,’ and Jews, ‘blood sucking Jews,’ causing even more hostility between the races. He's never apologized for that publicly and because of that, I only can assume he's still the racist demagogue that he's always been.

(AFC) - You're assuming that? What have you heard from the MMM that leads you to believe it's racist and anti-Semitic? There is more than [Min. Farrakhan] involved in this movement.
(JLP) - So called Black leaders who are involved with him are racist themselves: Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, most of the Black preachers are all racist anyway.... If this was a crowd of White folks getting together with the same people but they were White, America would be up in arms about it. Black folks would be burning down America today, but because these folks are Black, and most Black people are racist toward White Americans, Louis Farrakhan and the others are allowed to get away with it.

(AFC) - You said most Blacks are racist toward White Americans?
(JLP) - Right, that's why you can have the so called Million Man March or MMM because Blacks are racist and allow this type of crap to go on because it is feeding something inside of them. If the Ku Klux Klan or Skinheads brought together Christian White people, Black folks would be upset about it.

(AFC) - Would you say the reverse is true, that most White Americans are racist toward Blacks?
(JLP) - No, most White Americans are not racist toward Blacks today, there are some Whites who are racist but not most.

(AFC) - As a Black person, are you racism free?
(JLP) - Yes, I don't look at people based on their race, I look at them based on their character.

(AFC) - I just want to repeat, you said most Black Americans are racist?
(JLP) - Yes, that's why they can accept a person like Louis Farrakhan because he's feeding something that's already in their soul. This is also a set up. Louis Farrakhan and others who are putting together this so called MMM want to collect billions of dollars and put it in Black banks under the pretense of helping Black folks move forward.

My questions are: where is the money they raised with the so called Million Man March? Why haven't Black folks been helped with that? Why is it that Black folks need a so-called leader to take their money and manage it for them, what's wrong with Black folks that they're not capable of taking care of themselves and managing their own finances?....To me, it should be an insult to Black folks that they have to turn over their lives to some hateful, corrupt Black leader or preacher to lead their lives for them, they should be ashamed.

(AFC) - Do you consider all the Christian preachers, male and female, involved in this movement, as racist as you consider Min. Farrakhan?
(JLP) - Without a doubt, because there's no way you could be of God and support evil.

(AFC) - There are many people of different beliefs, philosophies and groups coming together to unite for this movement, have you attempted to address your concerns with any of these people?
(JLP) - When you say attempted to address my concerns, I'm doing that now by exposing Louis Farrakhan and trying to get Black folks to see what they're doing.

(AFC) - Apart from issuing a widely circulated press release, did you pick up a phone and try to call anyone?
(JLP) - Yeah, the producer of my radio show, I do a national call-in radio show, and we've tried to get some who are participating in this so-called MMM to come on and thus far they're cowards hiding behind their pulpits and Bibles. [They] will not come on.

(AFC) - Who have you requested to be on the show?
(JLP) - One of the persons he tried to get was this Christian preacher who is hosting this thing or is up front with it.

(AFC) - Willie Wilson?
(JLP) - Let me get the names. Jesse Jackson, Farrakhan himself, [Al] Sharpton, [Maulana] Karenga, and also Wilson.

(AFC) - When were these requests made?
(JLP) - They are cowards, they stand behind other Black folks and accuse White Americans but when Blacks who are not racist, love this country, and stand up for what is right try and get them to come and talk, they won't because they know they're gonna lose the debate.

(AFC) - Do you know any other preachers standing with you, or who agree with the position you hold?
(JLP) - I'm not aware of any at this time.

(AFC) - Thank you.

KWABENA

STAFF
STAFF
Jun 10, 2004
Everywhere
Occupation
Leader-Student-Teacher
Personally, I would not consider him as a "Reverend" because he is not "reverent" in my mind. Also, if he was a true respectful character, he would not CARE what Sharpton, Farrakhan, or Jesse Jackson are doing. I would love to check out the young men in that "BOND" program - give me a chance to find out what he is trying to do with our up-and-coming generation(s).

I'll see him face-to-face. Until then, why don't the rest of the family bring forth their views.

CD

Aqil

Feb 3, 2001
New York
Here is an article by Prof. Michael Eric Dyson re: Peterson that appeared in the Chicago Sun-Times in 2002:

Self-Hate Beyond Debate

By Michael Eric Dyson

If you've ever wondered what a self-hating Black man who despises Black culture and worships at the altar of whiteness looks like, take a gander at the Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson.

Last Friday in Milwaukee, the National Association of Black Journalists hosted its annual confab. The organization's gifted president, Condace Pressley, invited me to square off against Peterson on reparations in its distinguished "W.E.B. DuBois Debate." I had faced off against Peterson on national television before, but there I only got a whiff of his odious beliefs. The stench was fully aired in our confrontation last week.

First, Peterson was in way over his head. Not necessarily against me, but against anybody who could express an idea with intelligence, or who expected the same in return. When I argued that reparations were justified on moral, legal, economic, racial and political grounds, all Peterson could say was what he said throughout our debate: ''Blacks are immoral.''

Peterson refused to engage in an intellectual or principled defense of his opposition to reparations. Instead, he relied on the heavy-handed emotional antipathy toward Black people. His rambling tirades included ill-formulated assaults on such leaders as Minister Louis Farrakhan and Jesse Jackson, against whom he hosts a ridiculous annual day of repudiation on the King Holiday.

But Peterson's arguments were an embarrassment to his conservative ideals. He was barely articulate, belying the bombast of his comic self-proclamation in his newsletter that he is ''the most articulate'' critic of the civil rights establishment. Peterson's story might have been inspiring, seeing that he was reared on a plantation and prevented from acquiring much formal education. Lacking a high school diploma doesn't mean one is dumb. In fact, some of the smartest people around have never donned a graduation robe.

Unfortunately, that's not the case with Peterson. His ignorance is matched only by his hubris. He was shockingly unfamiliar with many of the ideas, articles, books, arguments and the like that have poured out either for or against his beliefs. As I prodded him to address the issues at hand, he relentlessly and bitterly attacked Black ethical failure.

In Peterson's mind, Black rates of teen-pregnancy, the breakdown of the Black family, and Black people's addiction to civil rights advocacy are the unerring symptoms of our moral failures. But when I pressed Peterson about his insistence that we view the legitimacy of arguments about reparations through the lens of his twisted beliefs about Black moral failure, he could only babble on about how utterly reprobate Blacks are.

For Peterson, the perception of flaws in the passengers on a sinking ship justifies refusing to patch it up. By that logic, we couldn't take any actions to rescue any group of people. Imagine arguing that we shouldn't seek justice for the victims of 9/11 because they were morally flawed.

So why does Peterson get the exposure he does on countless radio and television programs? The answer should be obvious: His brand of painful self-hatred, and hence, his hatred of other Blacks, plays well in certain white conservative audiences. That's why the newsletter for Peterson's Los Angeles-based BOND (Brotherhood Organization of a New Destiny) is chock full of articles from white conservatives like broadcast journalist Bill O'Reilly and right-wing ideologue Kenneth R. Timmerman. I've debated O'Reilly and Timmerman on television on racial issues.

Although I disagree fundamentally with O'Reilly on many issues, he is far better prepared than is Peterson. Further, I have never once believed he harbored the sort of animus for Blackness that gorges Peterson's soul. And while I find Timmerman's views reprehensible, he would surely have been branded a racist had he ever explicitly articulated the views that Peterson routinely airs.

Peterson constantly argued that Blacks are out to uncritically embrace white society and overlook the racial injustices that grow from the past. Thus, he proved that he might have left the plantation, but it continues to thrive in his mouth and mind...

Ralfa'il

Mar 25, 2005
Ole baracuda looking Jesse Lee Peterson....

I didn't know that hook mouthed clown was still around.

He was Sean Hannity's favorite pet for a long time.

Monetary

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Dec 15, 2002
Detroit, MI
members.blackplanet.com
Occupation
Economist
This brotha is a trip. I saw his interview after the State of the Black Union or the State of Black America held this year by Tavis Smiley in Georgia but taped before that show. Peterson attacked everything about that event and never said one good thing about it.

This is how pervasive racism/white supremacy is among ALL people in ALL countries. It turns a people against themselves by taking people like this and putting them up front to do its dirty work. A Black person won't dare call another Black person a racist. Like Michael Eric Dyson said, if a White person said the things that Jesse Peterson had said, he would have been called a racist for sure. And Peterson isn't the only Black person being used to front for those who are against Black people progessing in this country...and around the world.

smh

KWABENA

STAFF
STAFF
Jun 10, 2004
Everywhere
Occupation
Leader-Student-Teacher
He told white people at that conference NOT to be afraid of blacks, because "we follow after Sharpton, Farrakhan, Jackson, etc." I would not want to be in his shoes in the future.

CD

Ralfa'il

Mar 25, 2005
Monetary

Respect

Like Michael Eric Dyson said, if a White person said the things that Jesse Peterson had said, he would have been called a racist for sure. And Peterson isn't the only Black person being used to front for those who are against Black people progessing in this country...and around the world.
You sir...are correct...

George Bush and his conservative flunkies boast of having more blacks in his cabinet than Bill Clinton but look what kind of black people he has?

The all think like conservative neo-nazis who oversee the expansion of white supremacy.

And look how the Republican party likes to trot out negros like J.C.Watts, Clarence Thomas, and that assistant Governer of Ohio who helped steal the election of '04

panafrica

Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
Ralfa'il said:
George Bush and his conservative flunkies boast of having more blacks in his cabinet than Bill Clinton but look what kind of black people he has?

The all think like conservative neo-nazis who oversee the expansion of white supremacy.

And look how the Republican party likes to trot out negros like J.C.Watts, Clarence Thomas, and that assistant Governer of Ohio who helped steal the election of '04
This is nothing more than the black overseer reborn.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
Implementation and Sustainment
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.
It's okay to admire otherz, but first, love self. ELEVATE your self-image by having a healthy love & respect for yourself. ✍