Black Sports : Jermaine Taylor on Jim Rome today

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by MississippiRed, Nov 16, 2005.

1. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Not sure if yall listen to The Jungle but today on Jim Rome's radio show he's interviewing Jermaine Taylor should be a good interview....for yall in the Bay Area it's on KNBR 1050 AM.....Rome has had a few good boxing interviews lately man.he's a big boxing fan and has top notch fighters on ....Pretty Boy was on a week ago and Winky Wright was on there a few months ago along with Jim Lampley and then last month the Executioner was on there and today Jermaine....

MississippiRed

2. MississippiRed

Ratings:
    +34
    JT had a real good interview...and the more I hear this Brother talk the more I like him....this dude is what boxing is about ...respectful of the sport, respectful of his opponents, and thankful for the position he's in....he's kind of hot with Bhop though he(JT) said that in his mind and at this point in Bhop's career he doesn't respect the sport of boxing and doesn't respect him as an opponent....when the first fight ended and I heard about the rematch I was sure that Bhop would walk through JT and would have laid money to back that up but at this point I hear something in JT's voice , I get that feeling in the pit of my stomach and I hear that whisper that says JT has something for Bhop this time I don't think he'll tire our in the later rounds, I know that he's stronger than Hopkins and has more pop to his punches with the only problem in the first fight IMHO was that JT got tired from the mid to late rounds and if he hadn't there would have been any controversy ..I believe that if Taylor has fixed that conditioning issue and comes in just as strong and maybe even a little busier ....now get ready for this...Brother Panafrica, Kentemojo, Monetary, and any and all other lovers of the Sweet Science that frequent this board.........I will say it now and will not waiver from this........Jermaine Taylor will win this fight.....I'll also venture to say I think Taylor will put him on his arse at least once during the fight....now don't get it twisted I love Hop to death and have followed his career the whole way but I think his time has come.......and after this we'll see if JT v Wink will get done.....man I love boxing....

Mississippi Red

3. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    Bruh, I agree with you on this one. I think JT will win the next fight. The speed and skills are on JT's side for sure.

There were two things that caused doubt in that fight. 1. JT did get tired in the mid to late rounds. And, 2. JT's lack of experience in fighting quality fighters before fighting Hop. JT had a little too much respect for Hop in the last fight. I don't think that will be the case this fight. JT is over the jitters and nervousness of a big major fight. HOWEVER, he better look out for those overhand rights Hop was throwing and landing too frequently in their last fight. If Hop gets those on the regular, it may be over for JT instead of Hop.

Oh yeah, is there a webcast for that interview? I'd love to see it.

4. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    JT might very well take the rematch (personally I felt he lost the 1st fight); however, if he does Hopkins age will be a bigger contributor than Taylor's skill.

5. MississippiRed

Ratings:
    +34
    Here's the link to Rome's website...it was a radio interview and they have them archived on the site but I'm not sure if it's free or not...

http://www.jimrome.com/home/jungle/interview.html

Yeah I think JT will fight more of his fight this time and will be more relaxed in the ring.....

MississippiRed