Black Sports : Jermaine Taylor fights William Joppy on Saturday!

panafrica

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
The supposed "future" of the middleweight division will face his biggest opponent on Saturday, former 3 time WBA champ William Joppy. Although Joppy's best days are behind him, this will be Taylor's best opponent to date. The fight will be on HBO, also Showtime is showing a tripleheader on the same night: Samuel Peter (one of the best young heavyweight prospects) vs Jeremy Williams; new IBF Super Middleweight Champ Jeff Lacy vs Omar Sheika; and Joel Casamayor vs Jose Louis Castillo....thank god for VCRs!

At least, Jermaine Taylor had it right. He has more things to work on. I like that in him. He's not getting the big head. I don't think he's ready for Tito or Hopkins yet though. He's good...crisp, sharp punches. However, his footwork is lacking to me. But, he knows these things. That's good. He'll be good...as long as he stays grounded and doesn't get the bighead.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back