Black Spirituality Religion : Jehovah's Witnesses & Freemasonry

MysteryDoors

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 4, 2008
Charles Taze Russell
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Taze_Russell
Charles Taze Russell (February 16, 1852 – October 31, 1916), often referred to as Pastor Russell, was an American evangelist from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA who founded what is known as the Bible Student movement. He is known for founding the religious journal Zion's Watch Tower and Herald of Christ's Presence in 1879, as well as one of the first Bible Societies in America, Zion's Watch Tower Tract Society, in 1881. A widespread schism in 1918 resulted in the formation of two groups, one known as Bible Students and the other as Jehovah's Witnesses both of whom trace their history back to his ministry.

After his death, Russell was accused of having close ties with Freemasonry.

The Society's first president, C. T. Russell, died in 1916 and was succeeded the following year by Joseph F. Rutherford. Many changes took place. A companion magazine to The Watchtower, called The Golden Age, was introduced. (Now called Awake!, with a circulation of more than 20,000,000 in over 80 languages.) Door-to-door witnessing received greater emphasis.
http://www.watchtower.org/e/jt/article_02.htm

Was Charles Taze Russell a Mason?

would it matter if he was? I never got down with the whole jehova's witness thing, I didnt like thier ideologies.
I guess it depend on whether you think freemasonry is good or bad. One thing I do know is that a lot of black people (Afro-American) are Jehovah's Witnesses.

Jehovah's Witnesses, Blacks and Discrimination

Jehovah's Witnesses are one of the fastest growing denominations, now over 12 million members and sympathizers. They are the only major American non-ethnic denomination that consists of a majority of persons from minority groups. One study found that fully 52% of all American Witnesses are Afro-American or Hispanic, yet the leadership from circuit overseer and above, is almost totally white (Kosmin and Lachman, 1993).
http://seanet.com/~raines/discrimination.html

I guess it depend on whether you think freemasonry is good or bad. One thing I do know is that a lot of black people (Afro-American) are Jehovah's Witnesses.

Jehovah's Witnesses, Blacks and Discrimination

Jehovah's Witnesses are one of the fastest growing denominations, now over 12 million members and sympathizers. They are the only major American non-ethnic denomination that consists of a majority of persons from minority groups. One study found that fully 52% of all American Witnesses are Afro-American or Hispanic, yet the leadership from circuit overseer and above, is almost totally white (Kosmin and Lachman, 1993).
http://seanet.com/~raines/discrimination.html

I never understood that because, they believe that only 144,000 people are going to heaven. I used to always argue with them about that. I used to say "now currently there are 6 billion people on the planet and god knows how many Jehovahs witness there are how are you gonna compete for a spot?" lol... I used to love messing with their heads.

As far as freemasonary goes, wouldnt that go against what they believe, I dont even think they celebrate birthdays. I think they are quite conservative when it comes to that stuff right?

As far as freemasonary goes, wouldnt that go against what they believe, I dont even think they celebrate birthdays. I think they are quite conservative when it comes to that stuff right?
Well, I don’t think that the Jehovah's Witnesses will agree with the idea that Charles T. Russell was a Mason. Yes it will go against what they believe in.

Yes it is true that Jehovah's Witnesses doesn’t celebrate any pagans or American traditional holidays.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back