Black Spirituality Religion : Jehovah's Witnesses & Freemasonry

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by MysteryDoors, May 10, 2008.

1. MysteryDoors

MysteryDoors Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    Charles Taze Russell
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Taze_Russell
    Charles Taze Russell (February 16, 1852 – October 31, 1916), often referred to as Pastor Russell, was an American evangelist from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA who founded what is known as the Bible Student movement. He is known for founding the religious journal Zion's Watch Tower and Herald of Christ's Presence in 1879, as well as one of the first Bible Societies in America, Zion's Watch Tower Tract Society, in 1881. A widespread schism in 1918 resulted in the formation of two groups, one known as Bible Students and the other as Jehovah's Witnesses both of whom trace their history back to his ministry.

After his death, Russell was accused of having close ties with Freemasonry.

The Society's first president, C. T. Russell, died in 1916 and was succeeded the following year by Joseph F. Rutherford. Many changes took place. A companion magazine to The Watchtower, called The Golden Age, was introduced. (Now called Awake!, with a circulation of more than 20,000,000 in over 80 languages.) Door-to-door witnessing received greater emphasis.
    http://www.watchtower.org/e/jt/article_02.htm

Was Charles Taze Russell a Mason?

2. Each1teach1

Each1teach1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986
    would it matter if he was? I never got down with the whole jehova's witness thing, I didnt like thier ideologies.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. MysteryDoors

Ratings:
    +21
    I guess it depend on whether you think freemasonry is good or bad. One thing I do know is that a lot of black people (Afro-American) are Jehovah's Witnesses.

Jehovah's Witnesses, Blacks and Discrimination

Jehovah's Witnesses are one of the fastest growing denominations, now over 12 million members and sympathizers. They are the only major American non-ethnic denomination that consists of a majority of persons from minority groups. One study found that fully 52% of all American Witnesses are Afro-American or Hispanic, yet the leadership from circuit overseer and above, is almost totally white (Kosmin and Lachman, 1993).
    http://seanet.com/~raines/discrimination.html

4. Each1teach1

Each1teach1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986
    I never understood that because, they believe that only 144,000 people are going to heaven. I used to always argue with them about that. I used to say "now currently there are 6 billion people on the planet and god knows how many Jehovahs witness there are how are you gonna compete for a spot?" lol... I used to love messing with their heads.

As far as freemasonary goes, wouldnt that go against what they believe, I dont even think they celebrate birthdays. I think they are quite conservative when it comes to that stuff right?

5. MysteryDoors

Ratings:
    +21
    Well, I don’t think that the Jehovah's Witnesses will agree with the idea that Charles T. Russell was a Mason. Yes it will go against what they believe in.

Yes it is true that Jehovah's Witnesses doesn’t celebrate any pagans or American traditional holidays.

6. MysteryDoors

Ratings:
    +21
    Charles Taze Russell's Fascination with the Great Pyramid of Egypt
    Many Jehovah’s Witnesses may be surprised to know that the founder of their movement, Charles Taze Russell, was fascinated with Egyptian symbolism. This is often reflected in his life and writings. Even in his death, he had a huge pyramid structure dedicated to him, which can still be seen to this very day (see: Charles T. Russell Pyramid Tombstone Gravesite, Rosemont United Cemetery for further documentation, maps, and photographs). This tombstone was a fitting symbol for Russell reflecting his interest with the Great Pyramid of Gizeh.
    [​IMG]

During his life, Russell was so fascinated by the Great Pyramid of Gizeh that he looked to it for collaboration for his prophecies. He did this by using a system of measurments:

"In the passages of the Great Pyramid of Gizeh the agreement of one or two measurements with the present-truth chronology might seem accidental, but the correspondency of dozens of measurements proves that the same God designed both pyramid and plan..." (Watchtower 1922 June 15 p.187. This reference is not available on 1993/1995/1999 Watchtower CD-Rom)
    http://www.spotlightministries.org.uk/russellspyramid.htm

7. blazejay

blazejay Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +165
    I want to set the record straight for my family and soon to be brothers.
    Freemasonry IS NOT I repeat IS NOT a religion.
    There is a whole lot of misconception about the craft.
    It is a fraternity not a denomination of a religion.
    Freemasons are misunderstood and the so call "secrets" are not really secrets.
    It somethings just as in true religion that can not be divulge in public and to everyone.

You can have any religious beliefs there is one of the fallouts that many have meaning you are free to believe and practice baptist,catholicism,methodist,etc....
    just as long as you believe in God and acknowledge that Satan exist also.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. baller

baller Well-Known Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +836
    was this supposed to be a plug at Jehovah's Witnesses or Freemasonry...and why?

9. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472

how do u know all of this if you are not even in the order yet?

one love
    khasm

10. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486

The highlighted portion of your post is absolutely incorrect.

I'd be interested in how you answer the question "DO YOU BELIEVE IN GOD?" when it is asked to you which will determine which door they send you thru when you reach a certain degree since you say it is not a 'religion'. The answer to that question and that question alone will determine if you go any higher in the craft!