Pan Africanism : Jean Dominique:The Agronomist

Amnat77

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 11, 2006
UK..not for long
Occupation
professional.
Only Mulattoe I've ever Admired: Jean Dominique.

A profile of Haitian radio journalist and human rights activist, Jean Dominique. It includes: historical footage of Haiti's vivid and tumultuous past; interviews with Dominique, himself and with Michele Montas--his heroic wife, life-long love, and extraordinary partner; and incorporates footage shot before Dominique's assassination on April 3, 2000.

[/I]

Only Mulattoe I've ever Admired: Jean Dominique.

A profile of Haitian radio journalist and human rights activist, Jean Dominique. It includes: historical footage of Haiti's vivid and tumultuous past; interviews with Dominique, himself and with Michele Montas--his heroic wife, life-long love, and extraordinary partner; and incorporates footage shot before Dominique's assassination on April 3, 2000.

[/I]

Very Interesting!

I still can't get the full grasp of what the term 'Mulatto' means even though I know the definition. Both he and his wife have an African presence in the way that they look and sound, I just don't understand what technically makes them be defined as Mulatto versus other terms used such as Kreyol/Creole, quadroon and etc.

I listened to the blogs intently and am amazed!--At how we here in the States have been so deprived of such happenings so close to us in the West Indies and the other Americas! It makes me so angry.

It is unbelievable that they did this thing--assasinate him like that. I can't believe it! Freedom of the Press!!!?--and this is coming from the cowboys in America, the land of the free!?

It's amazing to see a connection from Haiti relations made to actions coming from the good ole USA and Europe--concentration camps, films and etc. They closed down the film company!!!!!!!? Oh I suppose only the Europeans and perhaps, a few white Jews are allowed to make films on what happened in Germany and about slavery...!? The power of the press is suppressed...so what kind of news are we getting now about countries below us and in the islands?

So first came Jimmy Carter and the Haitians began to broadcast happenings about Samosa and then people made a connection to Jean looking like Iranians...people minds were beginning to open up, I suppose...and then Ronald Reagan, the cowboy becomes the president and all hell breaks lose in Haiti with their 'freedom of speech, freedom of the press'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? I wonder who are the machute? I guess they wanted silence on what they were doing in Central America and etc. So the blog ends with Jean taking flight to Venezuela...I wonder what happened next before he was eventually assasinated.

You know, I'm making some other connections in my mind about that Constitutional supposed human right written in the good ole USA especially about the time of the second prez, John Adam. It was around that time when the French Revolution broke out and certain people were arrested because a new law was written in the States to try and stop the press during those times as well. The French people apparently used the pin and the press to bring out the whoredoms and exploitations done by the austrian turned french queen, marie antoinette and eventually, this method of exposing the truth through putting out caricatures, cartoon drawings and ridiculing the high court caused white people in power to try and stop the black voice...amazing.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back