Law Forum : jay-z-want rikers-prison-shut-down

Discussion in 'Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership' started by jamesfrmphilly, Jan 27, 2017.

1. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +14,676
  2. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,134
    I don't have any facts but we know that Riker's Prison is not a unique place as though nothing like this happens anywhere else among prisons in America. The fact that we KNOW about this situation, just close Riker's? I find Jay-Z's comments in the article a bit disturbing, as much as I appreciate him bringing this to the attention to the public. The film is called a DOCUMENTARY meaning, that the information is factually based--it's real. So why then did Jay-Z use passive language when he talked about it? "“If anything like that is happening…if that happens to one kid, any place that that can happen to any kid should be closed,” he said. Instead of, because this happened at Riker's and IF it's happening at other prisons, THEY ALL SHOULD BE CLOSED and prison administrators and officials be prosecuted for violating people's right under the law to due process, and possibly murder. Come with a solution, Jay-Z--you got social and economic clout. Meet with people like Michelle Alexander and lawyers like Bryan Stevenson from the Southern Poverty Law Center that help prisoners who are unjustly incarcerated and come up with viable solutions.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +14,676