Black Entertainment : Jay Z says he wants to air some rappers out

Froggy1

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 22, 2005
'I Declare War!' Jay-Z Says He's Going To Air Some Rappers Out Onstage

Jay tired of rappers talking greasy about him.

Some people have rubbed the president of Def Jam the wrong way — and we might just be hearing another "Takeover" in a little over a month. Jay-Z was on New York radio station Power 105.1 on Thursday afternoon and said that he is ready to take it to the battlefield.

"I declare war!" Jay said. Hov told radio personality Ed Lover that he's been hearing some rappers talking greasy about him and he is going to "air them out" onstage.

Doomsday — at least for some — is scheduled for October 27 at the Continental Airlines Arena in East Rutherford, New Jersey. That's when Power 105 is staging its Power House concert, for which it's turned the reins over to Jay for another Jay-Z and Friends outing. Last year, as the Best of Both Worlds tour with R. Kelly crumbled (see "Jay-Z, R. Kelly Part Ways as Best Of Both Worlds Tour Collapses"), the rapper called on some of his homies, like Diddy, Ja Rule, Busta Rhymes and Mary J. Blige, to perform with him on a string of dates.

"I got a lot of records," Hov told Lover. "I'm getting the itch. I need to see the people. It's time for a good show in New York City ... I gotta flip on some people."

Jay said that despite his track record, some rappers are "hard-headed" and "not too many people make it out of the figure-four leg lock. I gotta put 'em in the choke hold, the Boston crab. I gotta smash a couple of people. ... Everybody better make up and be my friend."

Hov was sure to note that his battle raps are just going to be the icing on the cake — his first priority is to give the fans a great show.

Jersey's Power House isn't going to be Jay's last stage stop. One day later, radio station Power 99 in Philadelphia is throwing its own Power House show, which is going to be another Jay-Z and Friends concert. Hov isn't letting it out of the bag just who will be on his guest list for either show, but Young Jeezy says we shouldn't be surprised if he pops up. A couple of sources close to Jay also say that the two Power House shows may not be the last Jay-Z-headlined concerts we see this year.

Shaheem Reid
MTV

I thought he retired.
Maybe he wants to make
another album because he ain't getting
that paid at Def Jam because all the rappers
Interscope and Atlantic Records.
Jay really messed up stuff when he broke up
Roc-A-Fella. Now, Young Jeezy and T.I all over the airwaves
and he still want that shine, being an egomaniac.
And that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back