Black Entertainment : Jay Z quotes skuderjaymes.....

jamesfrmphilly

PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
http://thegrio.com/2017/08/19/jay-z-addresses-kanye-west-feud-and-current-relationship-with-solange/

The controversial lyrics in the song The Story of O.J. also came up. In the song he raps, “You wanna know what’s more important than throwin’ away money at a strip club? Credit/ You ever wonder why Jewish people own all the property in America? This how they did it.”

The ACLU spoke out about the lyrics.

“Such notions have lingered in society for decades, and we are concerned that this lyric could feed into preconceived notions about Jews and alleged Jewish ‘control’ of the banks and finance.”

Jay-Z was asked if he was taken aback that the lyrics got such a backlash and he said, “It’s hard for me to take that serious because I exaggerated every black image in the world.” He went on to explain that “The Story of O.J.” and its accompanying video addressed black stereotypes, and the lyric referring to Jewish people was also an “exaggeration.”

“Context is everything,” he stated. “In the context of the song, I’m trying say, you guys did it right!”

“If even you, as the Jewish community, if you don’t have a problem with the exaggerations of the guy eating watermelon and all the things that was happening… If you don’t have a problem with that, and that’s the only line you pick out, then you are being a hypocrite. I can’t address that in a real way. I gotta leave that where it is.

“It was exaggeration. Of course I know Jewish people don’t own all the property in the world. I mean, I own things! It was an exaggeration, much like that racist cartoon.”

http://thegrio.com/2017/08/19/jay-z-addresses-kanye-west-feud-and-current-relationship-with-solange/

The controversial lyrics in the song The Story of O.J. also came up. In the song he raps, “You wanna know what’s more important than throwin’ away money at a strip club? Credit/ You ever wonder why Jewish people own all the property in America? This how they did it.”

The ACLU spoke out about the lyrics.

“Such notions have lingered in society for decades, and we are concerned that this lyric could feed into preconceived notions about Jews and alleged Jewish ‘control’ of the banks and finance.”

Jay-Z was asked if he was taken aback that the lyrics got such a backlash and he said, “It’s hard for me to take that serious because I exaggerated every black image in the world.” He went on to explain that “The Story of O.J.” and its accompanying video addressed black stereotypes, and the lyric referring to Jewish people was also an “exaggeration.”

“Context is everything,” he stated. “In the context of the song, I’m trying say, you guys did it right!”

“If even you, as the Jewish community, if you don’t have a problem with the exaggerations of the guy eating watermelon and all the things that was happening… If you don’t have a problem with that, and that’s the only line you pick out, then you are being a hypocrite. I can’t address that in a real way. I gotta leave that where it is.

“It was exaggeration. Of course I know Jewish people don’t own all the property in the world. I mean, I own things! It was an exaggeration, much like that racist cartoon.”

they been stealing my lines for years!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back