Black People : Jay Z, Kanye, Madonna Join Stevie Wonder's Florida Boycott In Wake Of Zimmerman Verdict

Texas is also a stand your ground state. But they're trying to decrease the incidents. They Just gave a man 41 yrs for shooting his neighbor for partying, hoping that they are sending a message to those who might be thinking of using this defense.

Sandra Thompson, a professor at the Univ. Of Houston
told the news that "if someone were intruding or stealing on your property you have the right to kill them". That's protecting your property. That's even if outside.
smh!!!

Sandra Thompson, a professor at the Univ. Of Houston
told the news that "if someone were intruding or stealing on your property you have the right to kill them". That's protecting your property. That's even if outside.
smh!!!
one thing at a time. I apreciate them makiong a focus on boycotting Florida over the biggest incident of injustice since the Scottsborough trials! After we can get a million Black folks to boycott Florida; vacation and resort venues; then other things can be worked on!

The law needs amending but the focus of the boycott should be justice not the stand your ground law. Hmm, I do wonder what these celebs agenda is sometimes.
D*MN, YOU GOT TO IT (the point) BEFORE I DID!!!

As much admiration I have for Stevie I can't help feeling that this thing is somewhat misguided. Although something definitely needs to be done, there's a couple of things wrong here.

D*MN, YOU GOT TO IT (the point) BEFORE I DID!!!

As much admiration I have for Stevie I can't help feeling that this thing is somewhat misguided. Although something definitely needs to be done, there's a couple of things wrong here.
Personaly , not down with getting rid of stand your ground! if Tupac walked after shooting a drunk high off duty cop , for trying to kill someone, then who know how many times that law has been in Black folks favor who have shot racist mobs in remote areas and were legally justified,
however we are dealing with a generation of Black folks who need all kinds of flags and symbols on a finger when it is pointing to something! We are not the same people we were in the 60s and 70s, and anything that gets at least 45% of us to focus on boycotting Florida over this mistrial is a plus! IMHO do the boycott now sort out the rest later!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back