Black People : janelle-monae-responds-to-kim-burrells-anti-gay-sermon

not sure what kim burrells' sermon was like; I can only imagine that it was in tune with the bible's dictates on homosexuality. if that's the case, you have a minister doing her job...teaching others about God's word...and what's required to enter God's kingdom. If you're not a Christian, of course, that's offensive to you. However, if you are a Christian, and believe in God's word, you understand where she was coming from. Throughout the bible, God made his views of homosexuality very clear. now, you can argue the sanctity of the bible...that it was written by man...and it's only a history book. I get it; you don't believe it's God's word. But for those of us who believe in God, and His biblical word, homosexuality is an abomination. He so hated it...that he destroyed a city because of the prevalence of men lusting after men for unnatural purposes. I have a sister, and two nieces, who are gay--another niece who calls herself bi-sexual. My sister and I have this conversation all the time. Her argument is that the bible isn't a living document...and it didn't take into account the attitudes and personalities of today's society. whether that's true, or not, I don't know. However, it did take homosexuality into account...and God ruled on it.

Again, not everyone believe in the bible...and I'm not here to judge anyone; what you do is your business. However, it's a minister's business to teach the dictates of the bible...not to be politically correct...or to bow down to what mankind deems to be acceptable behavior.

not sure what kim burrells' sermon was like; I can only imagine that it was in tune with the bible's dictates on homosexuality. if that's the case, you have a minister doing her job...teaching others about God's word...and what's required to enter God's kingdom. If you're not a Christian, of course, that's offensive to you. However, if you are a Christian, and believe in God's word, you understand where she was coming from. Throughout the bible, God made his views of homosexuality very clear. now, you can argue the sanctity of the bible...that it was written by man...and it's only a history book. I get it; you don't believe it's God's word. But for those of us who believe in God, and His biblical word, homosexuality is an abomination. He so hated it...that he destroyed a city because of the prevalence of men lusting after men for unnatural purposes. I have a sister, and two nieces, who are gay--another niece who calls herself bi-sexual. My sister and I have this conversation all the time. Her argument is that the bible isn't a living document...and it didn't take into account the attitudes and personalities of today's society. whether that's true, or not, I don't know. However, it did take homosexuality into account...and God ruled on it.

Again, not everyone believe in the bible...and I'm not here to judge anyone; what you do is your business. However, it's a minister's business to teach the dictates of the bible...not to be politically correct...or to bow down to what mankind deems to be acceptable behavior.
what did god have to say about racists ?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back