Black People : janelle-monae-responds-to-kim-burrells-anti-gay-sermon

baller

Jan 28, 2001
the near north
not sure what kim burrells' sermon was like; I can only imagine that it was in tune with the bible's dictates on homosexuality. if that's the case, you have a minister doing her job...teaching others about God's word...and what's required to enter God's kingdom. If you're not a Christian, of course, that's offensive to you. However, if you are a Christian, and believe in God's word, you understand where she was coming from. Throughout the bible, God made his views of homosexuality very clear. now, you can argue the sanctity of the bible...that it was written by man...and it's only a history book. I get it; you don't believe it's God's word. But for those of us who believe in God, and His biblical word, homosexuality is an abomination. He so hated it...that he destroyed a city because of the prevalence of men lusting after men for unnatural purposes. I have a sister, and two nieces, who are gay--another niece who calls herself bi-sexual. My sister and I have this conversation all the time. Her argument is that the bible isn't a living document...and it didn't take into account the attitudes and personalities of today's society. whether that's true, or not, I don't know. However, it did take homosexuality into account...and God ruled on it.

Again, not everyone believe in the bible...and I'm not here to judge anyone; what you do is your business. However, it's a minister's business to teach the dictates of the bible...not to be politically correct...or to bow down to what mankind deems to be acceptable behavior.

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
not sure what kim burrells' sermon was like; I can only imagine that it was in tune with the bible's dictates on homosexuality. if that's the case, you have a minister doing her job...teaching others about God's word...and what's required to enter God's kingdom. If you're not a Christian, of course, that's offensive to you. However, if you are a Christian, and believe in God's word, you understand where she was coming from. Throughout the bible, God made his views of homosexuality very clear. now, you can argue the sanctity of the bible...that it was written by man...and it's only a history book. I get it; you don't believe it's God's word. But for those of us who believe in God, and His biblical word, homosexuality is an abomination. He so hated it...that he destroyed a city because of the prevalence of men lusting after men for unnatural purposes. I have a sister, and two nieces, who are gay--another niece who calls herself bi-sexual. My sister and I have this conversation all the time. Her argument is that the bible isn't a living document...and it didn't take into account the attitudes and personalities of today's society. whether that's true, or not, I don't know. However, it did take homosexuality into account...and God ruled on it.

Again, not everyone believe in the bible...and I'm not here to judge anyone; what you do is your business. However, it's a minister's business to teach the dictates of the bible...not to be politically correct...or to bow down to what mankind deems to be acceptable behavior.
what did god have to say about racists ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Audio Video Web Conferencing : Media: Hell You Talmbout - Janelle Monae and Wondaland in Chicago Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
jamesfrmphilly Black Entertainment : janelle monae - Q.U.E.E.N Black Entertainment 0
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Natural Hair | Janelle Monae Inspired Updo Tutorial Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
skuderjaymes Black People : Janelle Monae : a new generation inspired by the artistry of James Brown. Black People Open Forum 11
jamesfrmphilly Black Entertainment : janelle monae…..tightrope Black Entertainment 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Entertainment : janelle monae…..sincerely jane Black Entertainment 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Entertainment : prince and janelle..... Black Entertainment 3
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Janelle Monáe - Q.U.E.E.N. (feat. Erykah Badu) Lyrics Black People Open Forum 2
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : Janelle Monáe - Tightrope [feat. Big Boi] (Video) Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
Amnat77 Black Entertainment : Janelle Monáe - Tightrope [feat. Big Boi] Black Entertainment 0
HODEE Black People Politics : President Trump responds to Twitter account ban in tweet storm from @POTUS account Black People Politics 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Postal service responds to 7-year-old boy who sent 'letter to dad in heaven' Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : T.I. Responds to Lil Wayne's Black Lives Matter Comments on Instagram Black Entertainment 23
IFE Black People Politics : CCA Responds to the Department of Justice''s Decision to Reduce Reliance on Privately Operated Priso Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Cornel West Delivers Blistering Takedown of Ta-Nehisi Coates—Michael Eric Dyson Responds Black People Politics 49
RAPTOR Black People : Cornel West responds to Michael Eric Dyson Black People Open Forum 11
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Seymour Hersh Details Explosive Story on Bin Laden Killing & Responds to White House, Media Backlash Black People Politics 4
RAPTOR Black People : Abdul-Jabbar Responds to O’Reilly on Muslim Violence: Like Making Pope Responsible for IRA Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : Neil DeGrasse Tyson Responds To Joel Osteen On Faith And Science Black People Open Forum 0
shaka64 Black People : Marc Lamont Hill Responds To Critics Over Lupita 'Fetish' Controversy Black People Open Forum 198
Kemetstry Black People : HOWARD UNIVERSITY RESPONDS TO LEAKED FINANCIAL REPORT Black People Open Forum 0
chuck Black People : 'Power Only Responds To A Demand!' Fred Douglass Black People Open Forum 2
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : deaf student impressed when obama responds to him in sign Black People Politics 0
OldSoul Audio Video Web Conferencing : Nabil Abdul Rashid Responds to David Starkey "Whites Have become Black" Audio Video Web Conferencing 4
S Black People : SARASUTENSETI RESPONDS TO PAT ROBERTSON Black People Open Forum 14
S Nigeria : "Nigeria Most Corrupt Nation In the World"...Farrakhan responds to Mike Wallace... Nigeria 13
D Black People : Kevin Pursglove From Ebay Responds!!!! Black People Open Forum 2