Black People : janelle-monae-responds-to-kim-burrells-anti-gay-sermon

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by jamesfrmphilly, Jan 2, 2017.

1. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +14,678
  2. baller

baller Well-Known Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +871
    not sure what kim burrells' sermon was like; I can only imagine that it was in tune with the bible's dictates on homosexuality. if that's the case, you have a minister doing her job...teaching others about God's word...and what's required to enter God's kingdom. If you're not a Christian, of course, that's offensive to you. However, if you are a Christian, and believe in God's word, you understand where she was coming from. Throughout the bible, God made his views of homosexuality very clear. now, you can argue the sanctity of the bible...that it was written by man...and it's only a history book. I get it; you don't believe it's God's word. But for those of us who believe in God, and His biblical word, homosexuality is an abomination. He so hated it...that he destroyed a city because of the prevalence of men lusting after men for unnatural purposes. I have a sister, and two nieces, who are gay--another niece who calls herself bi-sexual. My sister and I have this conversation all the time. Her argument is that the bible isn't a living document...and it didn't take into account the attitudes and personalities of today's society. whether that's true, or not, I don't know. However, it did take homosexuality into account...and God ruled on it.

Again, not everyone believe in the bible...and I'm not here to judge anyone; what you do is your business. However, it's a minister's business to teach the dictates of the bible...not to be politically correct...or to bow down to what mankind deems to be acceptable behavior.

3. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +14,678
    what did god have to say about racists ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +14,678

5. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +14,678

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    • Enjoyed Enjoyed x 2
    • Love It Love It x 1
    • List
  6. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +14,678
    divide.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  7. baller

baller Well-Known Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +871
    as for her insistence that homosexuals are going to die in 2017; unfortunately, too many ministers try to put their own spin on biblical verses...instead of talking about what the bible says, they want to talk about what they think. If one of the congregants had said, the bible says, women should keep quiet in the church...she would have been hard pressed to defend her position in the pulpit.

According to the bible, everyone out here falls short of the glory of God. So, none of us can claim to be ALL Righteous...and without blemish; we're stained with the stench of sin. Does one sin out weigh another? I DON'T KNOW. NEITHER DO MOST OF US. BUT...during the thousand year reign, we will be taught the TRUTH, according to God...not mankind's interpretation of what God meant. THEN, we will know. THEN, we will have no excuse, if we choose not to do the right thing.

NOW, I'm sure there are many out there who will lambaste me for my word choices. Just like, they'll ridicule me for my beliefs...and my belief in the bible. That's okay, too. We ALL have a God-given right to our opinion.

8. Orisons

Orisons Well-Known Member MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Mechanical Designer/Project Manager
    Ratings:
    +643
    [QUOTE="baller, post: 975962, member: 13" Not sure what kim burrells' sermon was like; I can only imagine that it was in tune with the bible's dictates on homosexuality. if that's the case, you have a minister doing her job...teaching others about God's word...and what's required to enter God's kingdom.

If you're not a Christian, of course, that's offensive to you. However, if you are a Christian, and believe in God's word, you understand where she was coming from. Throughout the bible, God made his views of homosexuality very clear. now, you can argue the sanctity of the bible...that it was written by man...and it's only a history book.

I get it; you don't believe it's God's word. But for those of us who believe in God, and His biblical word, homosexuality is an abomination. He so hated it...that he destroyed a city because of the prevalence of men lusting after men for unnatural purposes.

I have a sister, and two nieces, who are gay--another niece who calls herself bi-sexual. My sister and I have this conversation all the time. Her argument is that the bible isn't a living document...and it didn't take into account the attitudes and personalities of today's society. whether that's true, or not, I don't know. However, it did take homosexuality into account...and God ruled on it.

Again, not everyone believe in the bible...and I'm not here to judge anyone; what you do is your business.

However, it's a minister's business to teach the dictates of the bible...not to be politically correct...or to bow down to what mankind deems to be acceptable behavior. /QUOTE]

Baller, I’m hoping that you’re not serious, yet fearing that you are, or are you going to be the first “Christian” I have EVER encountered who can be specific as to which of the 50 different English translation’s of the Bible are “The Creators words” as opposed to an amalgam of biased Jewish centred views of the history of the world and Middle East [the Old Testament], blended with Emperor Constantine’s Ecumenical conclave’s additions at Nicene [The Trinity, that so bizarre hybrid of vampirism and cannibalism that is the Eucharist/Holy Communion, along with transforming Yeshuah into the sacrificial lamb for all of Humanity’s sins] welding Christianity to Mithraism [human sacrifice] Rome’s previous state religion to [create the New Testament] prevent a civil war, as each cult made up 50% of the Roman empire’s population at the time?

Isn’t ANYONE who genuinely believes they are not programmed
    graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE?
    Flattop.jpg

9. Orisons

Orisons Well-Known Member MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Mechanical Designer/Project Manager
    Ratings:
    +643
    [QUOTE="baller, post: 975974, member: 13" As for her insistence that homosexuals are going to die in 2017; unfortunately, too many ministers try to put their own spin on biblical verses...instead of talking about what the bible says, they want to talk about what they think. If one of the congregants had said, the bible says, women should keep quiet in the church...she would have been hard pressed to defend her position in the pulpit.

According to the bible, everyone out here falls short of the glory of God. So, none of us can claim to be ALL Righteous...and without blemish; we're stained with the stench of sin. Does one sin out weigh another? I DON'T KNOW. NEITHER DO MOST OF US.

BUT...during the thousand year reign, we will be taught the TRUTH, according to God...not mankind's interpretation of what God meant. THEN, we will know. THEN, we will have no excuse, if we choose not to do the right thing.

NOW, I'm sure there are many out there who will lambaste me for my word choices. Just like, they'll ridicule me for my beliefs...and my belief in the bible.

That's okay, too. We ALL have a God-given right to our opinion./QUOTE] Baller, aren’t people generally, especially the very obviously lost and totally baffled and confused peoples of African ethnicity in the USA, UK, the rest of the Diaspora and Africa who are on the LBGT bandwagon unaware of just how profoundly self critical they are being?

Isn’t suicide very obviously the most of sincere and permanent form of self criticism?

From that standpoint, aren’t serious same gender relationships/marriages etc GENETIC SUICIDE, very obviously no.2 as aren’t you and your partners genes being robbed of the chance of rejoining Humanity’s genetic matrix, literally living on when you’re gone in the form of children that are literally comprised of both of your genes?

Now can you all relate as to why I have never ever had any problems with Gays in that just because to my perspective and rationale the way they were born/lifestyle choice/whatever is literally sacrificing their Human Right to naturally procreate, create the family units that are STILL the nucleus of viable communities, towns and countries in the 21st century; is a profoundly self critical, genetically suicidal play; but who are WE to tell them that they are wrong [maybe they know something about themselves /their real worth, that we don’t]?

Isn’t ANYONE who genuinely believes they are not programmed
    graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE?
    sanlorenzohead.jpg

10. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +14,678
    the greatest problem around the world is over population......