Black Sports : James Toney vs Sam Peter

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by Mad Skillz, Sep 1, 2006.

1. Mad Skillz

Mad Skillz Well-Known Member MEMBER

Real Estate
    Ratings:
    +251
    I got tickets for the Toney vs Peter fight at the Staples Center.

I'll do my best to get some pictures and post them on Destee.

2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Wish I could say the same, enjoy the fight. Hopefully Sam Peter will pull off the upset, as I've never particularly cared for James Toney.

3. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    I don't know, Pan. I don't know if Sam Peter has the stamina or the skills to beat James Toney. But, on Saturday night, we will find out.

4. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    I said I "hope" Peter beats Toney, not that he will. Speed bothers James Toney and that is one thing Sam Peter does not have. Peter punches hard, but is slow and methodical......he's pretty much custom made for Toney. In any case if nothing else Peter has a puncher's chance, and I'd love to see James Toney get KO'd

5. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Pan how can you not like Toney man....I been on dude's bandwagon for a while he just doesn't appreciate the skills he has....he is the example of a cat making it on nothing but raw God given talent and ability......oh yeah did you hear Peter is right at 257 right now with Toney around 230 or so........should be and interesting dance competition .......LOL.......man I thought this year was gonna turn out better than it did for prizefighting but so far I'm kind of disappointed...dont' get me wrong there are a lot of good fights happenin but it's not like last year and the year before ...or maybe I'm just down cuz the only hope we have in the Heavyweight division is with Evander, James Toney, and Samuel Peter......**** ! ..........oh well there's always next year...........or maybe I can get my 7 year old out of Mixed martial arts.......LOL....nah aint' happenin but he's murderous right now.....hands better than 98 percent of the boys he's fighting right now...and that's from 7 to 9 years old .....it's funny seeing him throwing double jabs and them funky half hook half uppercuts just messing up them boys timing and hurting em at the same time.....I showed him how to do a shovel punch the other day so it's on at the next tourney.......LOL......Let me know when your's are a bit older we'll have to put em down.......just don't forget Brother I got 3 so if yall whoop one I got 2 more to put down behind that........
    Oh yeah Pan if you're looking for another boxing forum to get on there's one I go to called sherdog.com it's a MMA site and forum but they have a boxing forum and sometimes it's cool but a lot of time it's young kids but some of the cats there know the fight game plus they have a lot of MMA, Muay Thai, and just all around fight sports....anyway Brother hope to see you over there....

MississippiRed

6. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Toney talks too much ish and fails to back it up for me to jump on his bandwagon Red. I've been cheering against him since his middleweight days. There have only been 3 times I've cheered for Toney: 1st against Michael Nunn, 2nd against Vassily Jirov, and last against John Ruiz. I only cheered for him those times because I hated the opponent worse than Toney. Needless to say I'm happy he lost, and look forward to Sam Peter vs. Oleg Maskaev. I definately favor Peter in that matchup, and look for it to be a 1st step at brothers reclaiming the heavyweight title.

7. Deepvoice

Deepvoice Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    I can't wait until I can see it on cable. Is it just me or is anyone else thinking about Nicolai Valuev when the heavyweight division comes up. I have only seen small clips of him but he looks really freaky. Can that guy really fight? I know this is off subject but I want to know somebody elses' opinion on this.

8. Mad Skillz

Mad Skillz Well-Known Member MEMBER

Real Estate
    Ratings:
    +251
  9. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Thanks for the pictures Mad Skillz.