Black Sports : James decides to go back to the Cavaliers

jamesfrmphilly

PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
140709202407-lebron-james-cavs-jersey-red-iso.story-top.jpg

CLEVELAND (AP) -- LeBron James is going back to the Cleveland Cavaliers.

James told Sports Illustrated Friday that he's decided to go home. It's a move that would have seemed unfathomable four years ago, after the venomous fallout that followed his decision to leave Cleveland for the Miami Heat.

James told SI in a first-person story: "My relationship with Northeast Ohio is bigger than basketball. I didn't realize that four years ago. I do now."

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/07/11/lebron-james-goes-back-to-cavs.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpts

44 minutes ago - Clyde C Coger Jr:
:bb: :hearthis: Breaking :new: :em3000: ... James goes back to Cleveland ...

lbj_635x250_1405097402.jpg

140709202407-lebron-james-cavs-jersey-red-iso.story-top.jpg

CLEVELAND (AP) -- LeBron James is going back to the Cleveland Cavaliers.

James told Sports Illustrated Friday that he's decided to go home. It's a move that would have seemed unfathomable four years ago, after the venomous fallout that followed his decision to leave Cleveland for the Miami Heat.

James told SI in a first-person story: "My relationship with Northeast Ohio is bigger than basketball. I didn't realize that four years ago. I do now."

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/07/11/lebron-james-goes-back-to-cavs.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpts

44 minutes ago - Clyde C Coger Jr:
:bb: :hearthis: Breaking :new: :em3000: ... James goes back to Cleveland ...

lbj_635x250_1405097402.jpg
I love Lebron as a ball player and I respect his decision. I do not think I would go back to Cleveland because of how the fans reacted when he left. I certainly would not work for Dan Gilbert after the nasty letter he wrote. I would still probably do things in my hometown from afar but would not play for the Cleveland team. There may be other circumstances that I am not privy to but on the surface I wouldn’t.

He left Cleveland being called disloyal, a narcissist, a coward and a quitter - and that was all by Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert, who wrote that infamous letter blasting James for choosing Miami.

There's something else going on here:

Wade and Bosh all opted out this summer, as did longtime Heat forward Udonis Haslem, and those were considered good signs in a plan to keep James.
Turns out, they were gambles that didn't pay off.
"I went to Miami because of D-Wade and CB," James told SI. "We made sacrifices to keep UD. I loved becoming a big bro to (Mario Chalmers). I believed we could do something magical if we came together. And that's exactly what we did! The hardest thing to leave is what I built with those guys. I've talked to some of them and will talk to others. Nothing will ever change what we accomplished. We are brothers for life.
I understand a longing for one's roots, but I didn't even know who he was until I read all those nasty, nasty, nasty tweets and letters, etc., that Clevelanders wrote about James. I mean those folk were blasting him left and right. Now this? :10500:

DUH!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back