Black Relationships : Jailbird?

James i am a victim but also understand that every man is not always guilty
some are victims as well i speak as a victim and one who knows first hand.
i care and i truely know what it's like to see a person who is jailed but i also
see and know many who was locked up for not was posed upon them or falsely
taken as someone else this don't mean these bruthas hold no heart just some
was misguided this why crime so high nobody gives them a chance and drive them
back to the street to create a crime ......Man trust me u need to revise the way
you look at folks behind bars
peace ...

kente417mojo said:
No, everyone in jail or prison isn't a political prisoner or martyr. The same way that everyone in jail or prison is not a bad person or loser. It goes both ways. :court:
well everyone on this thread has an anecdote about a good hearted convict.
no one but myself seems to know any bad people who went to jail because they are bad and need to stay there.
do you know any like that?

i don't think i said that every single person in the joint is bad.
i know better than that.

i also know that as long as the thug and the criminal is romanticized in hip hop and sympathized in forums like this, you will have an ongoing crime wave.

crime will never stop in the community as long as the community coddles the criminal.

do you have a problem with that concept?

surely one's whom so fit the crime should be punish but also one's who there
falsely should be freed but the main thing is everyman /wo-man has a heart
and feelings some may seem to not care of feel but deep inside they do we all
do .....I agree some who are in jail put themself there by acts of crimes which
they should be their for a long time but these same men/women can be reformed
and helped if somebody try or make a stand .......we do have some jailed bad men
but 77% are not there for murder or rape! many are there for drugs the fast lane
of life these guys are not hard core felons

jamesfrmphilly said:
do you have a problem with that concept?

I absoluetly agree with you on some points. Man, I'm so sick of people acting like jail is the place to be. I also get tired of people acting like all black people being arrested are victims of racism. The point I'm trying to drive home is that there are some people who have been to jail (who deserve to be there and some who didn't) that can contribute to society just like you and me. It's funny how the government can strip you of you right to vote, but you still have to pay taxes to the people that you can't even vote for or against. That's wrong. Making people pay for mistakes years and years after they serve their time is wrong too. I do know people who need to be in jail for life, but of course not all do. I agree that there are alot of criminals that should stay in prison because they are nothing but leaches to society, but all should have the chance to learn from their mistakes. If you ever went to jail or prison...I'm sure you'd want the chance to turn over a new leaf.

Ya know, I almost forgot I posted this thread. When I saw that it reached 6 pages my eyeballs popped out and rolled under the stove.

I'll give almost anyone a chance however in giving the chance I do take into consideration many things about them. It's not about looking into their past in order to judge them but doing so for my personal safety. I'm not perfect. I made mistakes before and I fall short just like the next person. I wouldn't want someone to judge me based on that. Somehow that's what it seems like the majority of this thread has become. Pure judgement as if a few of these folks have been crowned king of the universe. I asked because I feel deeply that you all are some of the most insightful people to discuss things with. This forum is the first I've ever been to of that calibur.

It's been mentioned about people growing up. I think that at all the time we need to be growing. It conflicts with everything when you just stop. We might feel mature but let's not let age/status deem up all knowing. And it's a blessing to our community when people who have been to jail before come out and grow and do big things.

This guy I mentioned, he's really nice and seems thus far to be doing positive things with himself. I don't know what he's been to jail for and somehow I can't muster up the nerve to ask him yet. We're just talking, not exactly seeing each other. I don't want to offend him with questions that might seem too personal in the process of seeing what he's about. We're not even that serious.

It's not like I went out looking for someone who's been to jail either. We work together. At the rate that this country is throwing brothas in jail it's kinda hard not to find one who hasn't been, especially in my neighborhood.

If in a situation to choose between the two, I'd rather be with a guy that's been locked up before and is doing right right now than be with someone who has never been locked up and ain't got his mind right.

Brother Manasiac I can see that you're the contrary to what most people think about people who've been in jail before. I appreciate your insight and keep up the good work with everything you're doing.

MORAL OF THE STORY: I'm too young to be thinking about this kinda stuff anyway. :getout:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back