Black People : Jahessye Schokley 5 years old and missing!PLEASE HELP BRING HER HOME

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Each1teach1, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Each1teach1

Each1teach1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986
    Five-year-old Jahessye Shockley wandered out of her Glendale, Arizona 10 days ago and has been missing ever since.
    But you wouldn’t know it. The national media has been focused on looking for Baby Lisa, the blue-eyed, chubby-cheeked 11-month-old who went missing from her Missouri home on October 4.
    Despite an $11,000 reward, and sites like BlackAndMissing continuing to cover Shockley’s case, the family has yet to locate her. Now, Shockley’s family is urging the national media to take up little Jahessye’s case and find their little girl.
    Jahessye’s mother, Jerice Hunter is devastated by her daughter’s disappearance. Jahessye went missing after unknowingly slipping out our of her home while her older siblings babysat. When Hunter returned home from running errands to find her daughter missing, she called the police. Last week Hunter told the media, “Please bring my baby back… Her safe return is all I want. She belongs to this family… She’s somebody’s child. Mine. Please bring my child home.”
    Shirley Johnson, Jahessye’s grandmother wonders why the national media hasn’t picked up the story.
    “I want the national media to pick it up… I won’t stop til they do. I don’t know why it’s not national now. They have the ability to make sure someone from across the nation knows what’s going on,” Johnson told a CNN affiliate.
    Police say media exposure is critical to finding Jahessye. After wrapping up a search of Jahessye’s neighborhood, they need tips from the public to help locate her whereabouts.
    Jahessye’s story has received moderate support from some media outlets. Her story has been featured in the Washington Post, the Huffington Post, and CNN, but has been largely ignored by the mainstream media.
    Retired police officer and child advocate Paul Penzone said he didn’t understand the media’s refusal to cover Jahessye’s case.
    “I don’t know what’s missing or why, but in our community this is a big deal. We’d hope it would get national media in hopes of getting a successful recovery,” said Penzone.
    Penzone, who happens to be a frequent panelist on the Nancy Grace Show, has even informed the show’s producers about Jahessey, but so far, they haven’t aired information about her case.
    Unfortunately, the media’s failure to cover cases involving missing people of color is nothing new. While all eyes were focused Natalie Halloway, thousands of Black people went missing without any media coverage at all. In 2009 alone, 719,558 missing people were entered into the database, 30% of which were Black. However, how many of those did we hear about? I’d wager, very few.
    Because finding missing people relies heavily on tips from the public, garnering media attention is crucial locating them.
    Little Jahessey is five-years-old, 3 feet 5-inches tall, 55 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a white t-shirt, blue jean shorts and pink sandals.
    Anyone with information about Jahessye’s disappearance is asked to call the Glendale Police Department at 623-930-HELP (4357).

http://clutchmagonline.com/2011/10/...bout-jahessye-shockley/#.TqLqLttG8I8.facebook

PLEASE REPOST TO UR FB AND IF U SEE HER YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO, HELP BRING THIS PRECIOUS CHILD HOME, THE MEDIA ISNT TRYING SO LETS DO OUR PART!

2. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Missing Arizona Girl Jahessye Shockley's Family Demands Attention

By CHRISTINA NG
    Oct. 24, 2011

....Jahessye was last seen by her three older siblings -- ages 6, 9 and 12 -- at their apartment nearly two weeks ago while their mother, Jerice Hunter, said she was out running an errand. She said she left her three older children doing chores in the backyard and locked Jahessye inside so she would be safe.

"I locked the door when I left," Hunter said in an interview with Peas in Their Pods, a non-profit that helps people find missing loved ones. "When I got back the door was unlocked when I put my key in the door."​

The three older siblings have since been removed from the home by Arizona State Child Protective Services, but will not say why, according to the Associated Press.​

"If you have my child, please take her to a safe place, a public place where she can be located," Hunter said, according to the Associated Press. "The family will not be the same until the child is returned, and I will be relentless in my search."​

Hunter's criminal history of allegedly abusing her children has drawn public suspicion to what role, if any, she might have played in her daughter's disappearance.​

Court documents from 2006 reveal that Hunter was "accused of torturing her 7-year-old daughter and of causing corporal injuries to three of her other children" in California.​

Her children told police that Hunter would punch them and whip them, sometimes using extension cords to hurt them.​

Her 14-year-old son told police that the beatings occurred multiple times a week for several years.​

Police said Hunter's ex-husband George Shockley also participated in the alleged abuse. He is currently in prison after being convicted as a sex offender.​

A psychological evaluation of Hunter conducted in 2006 said that she would need "a spectrum of psychological treatment" and would need to acquire "anger management tools."​

Hunter was sentenced to eight years in a California prison in 2006 and lost an appeal. Prosecutors dropped the torture charges in exchange for a plea of no contest, according to ABC's Phoenix affiliate KNXV-TV.However, it is unclear why Hunter was released early from prison.​

continued here:​
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-ar...eys-family-pleads-attention/story?id=14804244

3. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    My prayer is that this child be found soon and that she and her siblings be placed with a family member who will provide them a safe and healthy home.

4. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Nov 21, 2011 6:34pm

Missing Arizona Girl Jahessye Shockley: Mother Arrested

Jerice Hunter, the mother of missing 5-year-old Jahessye Shockley of Phoenix, was arrested Monday on charges of child abuse “directly related to her daughter Jahessye,” according to the Glendale, Ariz., Police Department.
    The police and FBI served a second search warrant on Hunter’s apartment complex, where Jahessye disappeared Oct. 11, and arrested Hunter there.
    Glendale Police Department spokeswoman Tracey Breeden told ABCNews.com that according to information authorities have received but cannot disclose, “It’s highly unlikely we’ll find Jahessye alive.”
    “We have not located Jahessye yet,” Breeden said. “We can’t speak about details, because this case is not closed. It’s still an ongoing investigation.”
    Breeden said that all the police leads related to possible sightings of Jahesseye, or to information that another relative had taken her, had led to dead ends. Conversely, all “substantial” leads have led back to the apartment complex and to Hunter.
    “We have offered the polygraph and to this date, [Hunter] has not cooperated with us in regards to polygraphs,” Breeden said....

...Hunter’s criminal history of allegedly abusing her children had drawn public suspicion to what role, if any, she might have played in her daughter’s disappearance.
    Hunter was charged with child abuse in 2006 (according to court documents, Hunter was “accused of torturing her 7-year-old daughter and of causing corporal injuries to three of her other children”) in California. Her children told police that Hunter would punch them and whip them, sometimes using extension cords.
    Police said Hunter’s ex-husband George Shockley also participated in the alleged abuse. He is currently in prison following his conviction as a sex offender.
    Convicted of four counts of child abuse in the 2006 case, Hunter was sentenced to eight years in a California prison and lost an appeal. Prosecutors dropped the torture charges in exchange for a plea of no contest, according to ABC’s Phoenix affiliate KNXV-TV. However, it is unclear why Hunter was released early from prison.
    The reward for information leading to Jahessye has been increased to $25,000.

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    wow............ sad

6. blackeyes

blackeyes Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +449
    Gosh, that's so sad.