Black People : J.P. MOPRGAN BANK ADMITS TO OWNING SLAVES...

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Isaiah, Jan 21, 2005.

1. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4193797.stm

This thread I dedicate to Indya, our staunch neocon apologist for slavery, and the exploitation of her own people... It is iinteresting and ironic that J.P. Morgan Bank has decided to put forth a chump change $5-million dollar scholarship fund to pay for their crimes and misdeeds against African people in LOUISIANA no less, while the Indya's of the world would say that is too much... Indya, I should hope that none of your children would seek to apply and benefit from this so-called scholarship fund, darlin'...

Peace!
    Isaiah

2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    You beat me to this brother Isaiah! This adds a new dimension to the reparations debate. Previously companies & countries have avoided apologizing for slavery out of fear that acknowledging participation would be seen as an admission of guilt. Let's see how this further develops.

3. sweetbrownsugar

sweetbrownsugar Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Umph, that was decent of them.(J.P. Morgan Bank) I think ANY Company, Institution or BANK that is found(from research) to have PROSPERED in anyway from the work of slaves or selling of slaves? Etc. Should be held accountable TODAY or MADE to Give Back in some Significant Way back to TODAYS Black People. It should be written in some BIG BOOK OF LAW SOMEWHERE.

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,729
    $5 million is petty cash to a modern corporation.:uzi:

5. Isaiah

Ratings:
    +62
    Brother James, I second that, I co-sign on that!

And they know that this paltry sum doesn't even come close to the amount of labor that was extracted from those 13,000 slaves they ensured(like 5-million dollars a piece in extracted labor)... Again, that doesn't even take into account that freedom from slavery and oppression and exploitation has no calculable price...

J.P. Morgan Bank, and its' subsidiaries, should be boycotted by all African Americans for this outright slap in the face of us and our ancestors... Thanks but no thanks for your dirty blood chump change!!!

Peace!
    Isaiah

6. indya

indya Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +23
    I have never started a thread or to my knowledge attacked another person on this message board who didn't come after me first. I have stated my oppinion and attempted to defend it without stooping to personnal attacks.

I'm not an apologist for slavery and exploitation. Also I don't live in Louisiana, I used to for a few years, but I don't now so this scholership has nothing to do with me or my family.

They started a scholership, with proper investing this scholership will be around for a long time and will be worth much more than 5 million.

7. indya

indya Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +23

I tried to send an e-mail, but I'm not a premium member. Sorry to post this way. I don't appreciate Isaiah making threads and injecting my name into them and dedicating them to me for the sole perpose of insulting me.

I'll have a discussion with him regarding our difference of oppinions, but I don't think he should create threads for the purpose of insulting and belittling me!!

8. Isaiah

Ratings:
    +62
    Just like I said, you'll be skirting around the facts, skirting around the issue, because the facts have so little substance to the agenda you bring to this board... I don't attack people(I didn't call ya outta ya name), I attack their backasswards ideas, and that's why I called you out... I want you to deal affirmatively with the facts, and not that neo con mysticism you continually bring to the board... I am sick and freakin' tired of skirting around negroes like you when I know in my heart your retrogressive ideas must be confronted...

Again, this so-called "scholarship fund" is a slap in the face of all us except apologist negroes like you... Indya, get up off your knees woman... Aint nothing down their but the heel of your master's smelly feet...

Peace!
    Isaiah

9. sweetbrownsugar

sweetbrownsugar Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Oh, My Bad. I'm not a premium member yet, I would've typed the word "significant" in Big. Bold. Colorful letters. I meant SIGNIFICANT. (5 million ain't even icing on the cake). Let's see here.....that was Chicken George, Kizzy, Fiddler...(who else was sold?)...I say make it a cool 75 million PER person? Seriously though, it would be great if more of these Companies would atleast start "owning up".

10. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,729
    shoot, somebodies got to do it. :flamet: