Omowale Jabali : Ivory Coast: French forces take over Abidjan airport

Discussion in 'Omowale Jabali' started by Omowale Jabali, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    France is also sending an extra 300 soldiers to Ivory Coast, military spokesman Thierry Burkhard told AFP.

Fighting has raged in Abidjan since Thursday night as forces loyal to the UN-recognised president, Alassane Ouattara, are battling those of his rival, the incumbent Laurent Gbagbo.

More than 1,500 foreigners are sheltering in a French army camp.

An adviser to Mr Ouattara says his forces have been gathering outside Abidjan in preparation for a final push to depose Mr Gbagbo, the AP news agency reports.

On Saturday, heavy artillery fire was heard in Abidjan as the two sides fought for key sites including the presidential palace, the headquarters of state TV and the Agban military base.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-12950467

2. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    I ask managements forgiveness, but this is the one time that I have been here at Destee that I wish that the foul language restriction could be removed for this instance

beucause there are not enough words of foul language in English that come to mind after reading this

After all of the worst nightmares, any one who cares about Pan Africanism could ever imagine this is a billion times worse!!!!!

Lumumba and Julius Nyere's remains are rolling over in the grave

If the AU and 52 nations will not unite and settle their differences and cannot or will not get those doogone French out of there

then Africa is doomed, since this is the first bed bug in the bed room and the first termite in the basement,

the rest is like dominoes!

3. Ikoro

Ikoro Well-Known Member MEMBER

Norway
    Ratings:
    +320
    I was reading an article today and I also noticed that.

Look at these white people, moving their forces INN to get their people OUT.

Then they will tell us to stay realistic, France cannot solve the entire problem with their meager forces bla bla bla. Plus, as two sovereign nation states, France shouldn't be putting their hand in there.

How can they put armed forces there to only save their own people? Can't they put civillians in there? I just get distraught, but I have to point the finger in the mirror because this one is on us.

:(

One,

- Ikoro