Black People : I've Been Expecting This

anAfrican

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 1, 2005
StreetNationEarth: Seattle
Occupation
The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
Maybe I'm just paranoid, or a closet conspiracy kook, but, even if this is "innocent" it does open doors to other possible uses.

Politics: Bush Signs Bill Enabling Martial Law (OK, so these are the comments of a "bunch of geeks". By virtue of the very nature of "geekdom" there is some critical thinking going on here, eh?)

Something else: Homeland Security Contracts for Vast New Detention Camps

I may have even mentioned it here someplace, but I've always felt that something was gonna come out of that stolen government before the next formerly-scheduled election. (that is not to say that there has [yet] been any "official" indication of anything other than "business as usual" ... not that that is a whole lot of comfort any more, eh?)

anAfrican said:
Maybe I'm just paranoid, or a closet conspiracy kook, but, even if this is "innocent" it does open doors to other possible uses.

Politics: Bush Signs Bill Enabling Martial Law (OK, so these are the comments of a "bunch of geeks". By virtue of the very nature of "geekdom" there is some critical thinking going on here, eh?)

Something else: Homeland Security Contracts for Vast New Detention Camps

I may have even mentioned it here someplace, but I've always felt that something was gonna come out of that stolen government before the next formerly-scheduled election. (that is not to say that there has [yet] been any "official" indication of anything other than "business as usual" ... not that that is a whole lot of comfort any more, eh?)

Brother anAfrican ... thank you for sharing the above, but i'm surprised at you. Just a few months ago you were fussing and accusing me of having ulterior motives for creating threads talking about our being re-enslaved, incarcerated, etc. ... yet you say you've been expecting this?

anAfrican said:
Isn't it in a forum owners "best interests" to bring forth subject matter that will increase activity on their forums? Isn't it sad that something like "prisons in the community", "family members in prison", "re-enslavement" and the like, seem to garner more activity than things like "developing appropriate educational systems", "creating industry", "connecting with Africans planet wide", "welcoming the planet's first African Woman President" ...

So, is it okay now (in your opinion) that we begin to discuss that which you've posted above, in the context of how it will directly affect us ... or ... do you think we'll be exempt from this martial law and detention camps?

:heart:

Destee

but i wasn't expecting this ...

Destee said:
anAfrican said:

Brother anAfrican ... thank you for sharing the above, but i'm surprised at you. Just a few months ago you were fussing and accusing me of having ulterior motives for creating threads talking about our being re-enslaved, incarcerated, etc. ... yet you say you've been expecting this?

anAfrican said:
Isn't it sad that something like "prisons in the community", "family members in prison", "re-enslavement" and the like, seem to garner more activity than things like "developing appropriate educational systems", "creating industry", "connecting with Africans planet wide", "welcoming the planet's first African Woman President" ...

So, is it okay now (in your opinion) that we begin to discuss that which you've posted above, in the context of how it will directly affect us ... or ... do you think we'll be exempt from this martial law and detention camps?

Destee
<whew> I guess the logic of this must be plain to somebody: what are you saying?

Yes; this type of activity on the part of those that have previously set up situations that resulted in enslavement, prison population preponderance, etc. is, indeed, something to be expected. <shrug> It would seem to follow from the acts previously mentioned, no?

Given that we know that this is the case, from directly having experienced said actions, would it not be better to expend energy on "things like "developing appropriate educational systems", "creating industry", "connecting with Africans planet wide", "welcoming the planet's first African Woman President" ..."?

Additionally, given that in a whole lot of cases, in the time that I've been here, my posts seem to stop the conversation; I wasn't really expecting any sort of "discussion" - I was just tossing it up because, yes; I have been expecting it since the 2000 elections, the voting machine fiasco, the fiasco of Katrina, the search for WMD that led to the illegal war in Iraq ...

Say what??!! How could anyone possibly think that I would ever "think we'll be exempt from this martial law and detention camps?"???? And, yeah; it might would be a good idea "that we begin to discuss that which you've posted above, in the context of how it will directly affect us" "in addition to", (or in lieu of), discussions of ancient history, religion or writings that, had they been effective, would still be in place today.

This is most confusing!! I flatly do not understand where you are coming from at all, Destee; not at all! Particularly since you only quoted one paragraph out of that post; looking back at it, the fifth and sixth paragraphs ask a few questions that still seem to be getting the treatment described in the third. ... And, sadly, I do feel as if that seventh paragraph still hits the nail right on the head!! "Fortunately", things have progressed sufficiently that even thinking about smoking now makes the chest ache all the way across - and that is starting to look like it would feel much better than what I am feeling now. ThankYou(not)VeryMuch.

On the other hand, that post, and this one, really have nothing more in common than that I wrote them!

Is it that you want me gone, Destee?

anAfrican said:
<whew> I guess the logic of this must be plain to somebody: what are you saying?

Yes; this type of activity on the part of those that have previously set up situations that resulted in enslavement, prison population preponderance, etc. is, indeed, something to be expected. <shrug> It would seem to follow from the acts previously mentioned, no?

Given that we know that this is the case, from directly having experienced said actions, would it not be better to expend energy on "things like "developing appropriate educational systems", "creating industry", "connecting with Africans planet wide", "welcoming the planet's first African Woman President" ..."?

Additionally, given that in a whole lot of cases, in the time that I've been here, my posts seem to stop the conversation; I wasn't really expecting any sort of "discussion" - I was just tossing it up because, yes; I have been expecting it since the 2000 elections, the voting machine fiasco, the fiasco of Katrina, the search for WMD that led to the illegal war in Iraq ...

Say what??!! How could anyone possibly think that I would ever "think we'll be exempt from this martial law and detention camps?"???? And, yeah; it might would be a good idea "that we begin to discuss that which you've posted above, in the context of how it will directly affect us" "in addition to", (or in lieu of), discussions of ancient history, religion or writings that, had they been effective, would still be in place today.

This is most confusing!! I flatly do not understand where you are coming from at all, Destee; not at all! Particularly since you only quoted one paragraph out of that post; looking back at it, the fifth and sixth paragraphs ask a few questions that still seem to be getting the treatment described in the third. ... And, sadly, I do feel as if that seventh paragraph still hits the nail right on the head!! "Fortunately", things have progressed sufficiently that even thinking about smoking now makes the chest ache all the way across - and that is starting to look like it would feel much better than what I am feeling now. ThankYou(not)VeryMuch.

On the other hand, that post, and this one, really have nothing more in common than that I wrote them!

Is it that you want me gone, Destee?

Brother anAfrican ... no ... i don't want you gone.

While you are confused regarding the connection between the content of this thread, and the ones i posted, i am not.

Nonetheless, i will move out of the way, and let this thread address the (different) issues contained within it.

Again, thanks for sharing the information.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

thanks for the up to date info but fema already had this power for awhile

the powers increased after 9/11. many are still in jail or detention without being charged due to 9/11

they had the power to detain people at special centers, put them in camps, etc

that is why when new orleans occurred they did not do anything

they specialize in population containment, not disaster recovery

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back