Black Men : It's time to go to war with ourselves

conflict

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 2, 2006
**** the rap industry, there is a war within the souls of our black men that we need to fight first. Yeah the rap industry glamourizes everything that is negative about our community but that isn't the problem. Though I don't know the statistics I know that blacks men make up most of the population of American prisons. Our men are lazy, they sell drugs, don't want to work and they don't take care of their children. This is a hell of a stereotype. Here in Philadelphia it is partly true. 65% unemployment among black men. The nations highest murder rate. This type of rant is becoming cliche but before we fight the rap industry we need to start building boys to become responsible men who are ambitious and do not sit around and blame George Bush for their not being able to find a job.(I don't vote republican)

welcome to the site.
this is a place that is about building with other positive black people. you seem to have a real hatred of black people.
i have lived in Philadelphia for 63 years now and i notice that white people and black people of the same education and economic class act pretty much the same.
the fact that you condemn the black people only indicates to me that maybe you should start by looking into your own heart.

Clearing things up

Maybe I was Unclear. I love my people. What I don't like is the way that people dont take responsibility for the goings on in our community. Please dont take what I said as hatred. I would like nothing better than to uplift African Americans especially in a culturally siginficant town such as Philly.

Conflict ... i believe our loving and respecting each other is the beginning of the solution, not going to war with each other. That's what they want us to do, which is why it's happening now. We fight each other all the time. If that were the solution, the problem would be solved, as we've surely done enough of it. No, that's not the answer. If Black people were killing white people, like we kill each other, they would stop it. But because we're killing each other, it's okay. They don't want that stopped. They want it to continue. They planted these seeds long ago, and they are now yielding the expected fruit. Fighting each other, keeps our mind off of fighting them.

Yes, we have issues, but we are not inherently any more lazy, criminal, etc., than other people. Actually, there is evidence that we work harder than all others, as this country was built on the free labor of our Ancestor's blood, sweat, and tears.

The fact of the matter is, there are no other people as marginalized as us. Rather than make war, make the playing field level. Give young Black Men the same economic opportunity as young white men, and you will see a change.

The enemy is without, not within.

:heart:

Destee

conflict said:
Maybe I was Unclear. I love my people. What I don't like is the way that people dont take responsibility for the goings on in our community. Please dont take what I said as hatred. I would like nothing better than to uplift African Americans especially in a culturally siginficant town such as Philly.
you can start by uplifting yourself.