Violaters / Violations : It's not my intention to be disruptive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken Taylor

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 27, 2013
I was banned from a conversation near and dear to my heart after asking, in what I believe to be a respectful manner, for a source of a claim that I believed to be false. Within the same post, I stated my opinion that:
1) I believe it to be a mistake when a child is born out of wedlock.
2) It is preventable from both the men and the woman's side of the issue.
3) Both the man and the woman are at fault.
4) IMO, the man is more responsible than the woman. (If he wants to call himself a MAN)

It is a well documented fact that fatherlessness is the common denominator in many negative life consequences. As an example, over 85% of all prison inmates come from fatherless homes.

This issue is near and dear to my heart because I am the product of a fatherless home. My mother did a great job of doing the job of mother and father. She also kept me in the presence of strong, positive role models such as my Grandfather and uncles. Even still, I know first hand that there is no replacement for a father AND a mother in the home.

Since the effects of fatherlessness is well documented and undeniable, and our rate of OOW childbirth is in excess of 70% it is an issue that requires mature and honest discussion. This can be done in a respectful manner.

A 70% OOW childbirth rate is a problem. A discussion which allows false claims to go unquestioned and considers respectfully presented opposing views to be disruptive will make some people fell better about the mistakes they made which contribute to the 70% OOW rate, but it will never result in the problem being solved or even acknowledged to be a problem.

I understand and respect the demand for a discussion that doesn't include ugly and demeaning talk against single mothers. My own mother was a single parent and I hold her in high esteem for the sacrifice and struggle that she endured to raise me. Acknowledging the mistake that resulted in this magnificent human being (Me :) ) doesn't equate to demeaning the woman that I love, respect, and appreciate nor is it being disruptive.

Fatherlessness is nothing to celebrate, it's a problem to address.

You have spent lots of time in The Violation Zone ... unbeknownst to your own self ... i suppose.

You repeatedly violate the rules, get warned, banned, etc., ... leave for a while ... and come back doing the same.

Yes, there has been an uninterrupted period of time that you've not violated ... but it's because you've not been here.

That time away does not count toward the time required for you to demonstrate an ability to abide by our rules.

That time does not go toward getting you out of the violation zone.

Getting out of the violation zone requires that you actually be here, engaging respectfully without breaking rules.

Now ... regarding this topic specifically ... being banned from the Single Black Mother's thread.

You know i aint hearing it ... i aint hearing what you got to say ... don't say nuth'n 'bout black women ... period.

I've warned you many times ... on this specific topic ... violating ... Rule # 3 - No Gender War Fights.

You end up in this same space repeatedly, and say it's not intentional. Okay ... but i can't help you with that.

I will help myself, and this community, by removing you from the scenario ... since you don't see a problem.

You're so disrespectful ... you'll probably be one of the first banned from threads before you even post to them.

That's how bad it is ... it's predictable disruption ... same ol' same ol' ... i can see it coming from a mile away.

Not that it really matters ... i'll quote a piece of your foolishness from the thread you were banned from.

Sister Destee, I agree that the women who find themselves in this condition need to hold their heads up. They are indeed doing the job God designed for two people and in most cases do a very good job considering the resources they lack and the hardships they face. But, at the same time, they must admit that it was a mistake in judgment or character that left them in that position.

You actually think you're saying something good about single black mothers, as you stab our character in closing.

You think that is okay. You're here defending it right now, asking a single black mother to allow you to continue.

To allow you to continue diminishing and attacking the character of other single black mothers.

I can't help you.

Take it somewhere else.

:heart:

Destee

ps ... i'm deleting the poll (soon as i figure out how) ... 'cause you don't get to talk about this topic here, post polls about it, or anything close ... not until you can show a consistent base level of respect toward single black mothers / black women ... that all people deserve.

::
::

single parenthood is definitely an issue within our community...
but when u just attack one side of the coin without equally attacking the other side
it causes more issues and more problem within the black community...specifically this one...

one love
khasm
Thanks for your response.
Would you do me a favor and read the first paragraph of my first post in this thread and tell me how have I attacked one side without equally attacking the other. Look specifically at the numbered pointswhich summarizes my overall position. I think your assessment is wrong but I welcome a discussion of why you believe I have attacked one side and not the other and how I can better participate in this issue without offending people while not compromising my opinion.

Thanks for your response.
Would you do me a favor and read the first paragraph of my first post in this thread and tell me how have I attacked one side without equally attacking the other. Look specifically at the numbered pointswhich summarizes my overall position. I think your assessment is wrong but I welcome a discussion of why you believe I have attacked one side and not the other and how I can better participate in this issue without offending people while not compromising my opinion.

u threw up stats about the ills of oow births but did not throw up any stats on the inequities of the judicial system as it relates to men of color....which has a significant bearing on "ur" stats...
can u see the coin now? and that is just once example...i have more...

one love
khasm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back