Black Spirituality Religion : It's Not About Sin

river

Watch Her Flow
REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
For those of us who suffer and strggle, it's the testing of your faith . Read these words. They will turn your mess into a message, your trials into triumph and your tests into a testimony.

And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth. And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents,that he was born blind?
John 9:1-2

Incensed by His claim to Deity, the Jews took up stones to throw at Jesus (John 8:59). But not more than a stone's throw away, sat this man whose life was abot to change radically and eternally. The disciples voice the foundational question of all suffering: 'Why?' - and then give Jesus two possible answers. According to their reasoning, the blindness was the result
either of the blind man's sin or his parents' sin. 'The issue is not sin,' Jesus would explain inverses 3-5. 'Rather, this man's misery gives Me opportunity for ministry.' That's the way it always is. Misery always opens the door for ministry. If you are going through difficulties, tragedy, sickness, or hard times, be careful that you don't become introspective and wonder what you've done wrong to deserve it. Just as He did to His
disciples, Jesus would say to you today, 'Sin is not the issue. The question is not, 'Who caused the misery?' The question is, 'Will you allow Me to use it? Will You allow Me to demonstrate My glory through it in order that a blind world might see My reality and be made whole?

Radical Faith said:
Sister River you truly have the gift of spiritual discernment. Your vision is panoramic. Preach the truth and be a vessel for the Holy Spirit. Don't look now but I see the light of Christ shining through you.

Peace & Love Sister

Radical Faith
I did not wish anyone to mistake this as my insight. This is from Pastor Jon Courson's daily devotionals. It touched me so much that I just had to share it. And yes that is what I thought when I first read it AWESOME!

I can leave a link tomorrow but for now it is twelve oclock and if I don't go to sleep I shall turn into a pumpkin.

Good night

river said:
I did not wish anyone to mistake this as my insight. This is from Pastor Jon Courson's daily devotionals. It touched me so much that I just had to share it. And yes that is what I thought when I first read it AWESOME!

I can leave a link tomorrow but for now it is twelve oclock and if I don't go to sleep I shall turn into a pumpkin.

Good night

Thanks for being honest sister. Don't knock yourself for you to be led to share this important message with us still proves that you are a vessel for the Holy Spirit and a Disciple of Christ. Also you understood this great message as well so you do have spiritual discernment. Though the Pastor may have written the devotional, man must decrease to allow God to increase. God's people hear his voice.

Peace Sister

Radical Faith

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back