Black Spirituality Religion : It's Not About Sin

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by river, Mar 17, 2005.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    For those of us who suffer and strggle, it's the testing of your faith . Read these words. They will turn your mess into a message, your trials into triumph and your tests into a testimony.

And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth. And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents,that he was born blind?
    John 9:1-2

Incensed by His claim to Deity, the Jews took up stones to throw at Jesus (John 8:59). But not more than a stone's throw away, sat this man whose life was abot to change radically and eternally. The disciples voice the foundational question of all suffering: 'Why?' - and then give Jesus two possible answers. According to their reasoning, the blindness was the result
    either of the blind man's sin or his parents' sin. 'The issue is not sin,' Jesus would explain inverses 3-5. 'Rather, this man's misery gives Me opportunity for ministry.' That's the way it always is. Misery always opens the door for ministry. If you are going through difficulties, tragedy, sickness, or hard times, be careful that you don't become introspective and wonder what you've done wrong to deserve it. Just as He did to His
    disciples, Jesus would say to you today, 'Sin is not the issue. The question is not, 'Who caused the misery?' The question is, 'Will you allow Me to use it? Will You allow Me to demonstrate My glory through it in order that a blind world might see My reality and be made whole?

2. TheWitness

TheWitness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Awesome

This is a very good word, Thank You :hiya:

3. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    You have it Sister

Sister River you truly have the gift of spiritual discernment. Your vision is panoramic. Preach the truth and be a vessel for the Holy Spirit. Don't look now but I see the light of Christ shining through you.

Peace & Love Sister

Radical Faith

4. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    I did not wish anyone to mistake this as my insight. This is from Pastor Jon Courson's daily devotionals. It touched me so much that I just had to share it. And yes that is what I thought when I first read it AWESOME!

I can leave a link tomorrow but for now it is twelve oclock and if I don't go to sleep I shall turn into a pumpkin.

Good night

5. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137

Thanks for being honest sister. Don't knock yourself for you to be led to share this important message with us still proves that you are a vessel for the Holy Spirit and a Disciple of Christ. Also you understood this great message as well so you do have spiritual discernment. Though the Pastor may have written the devotional, man must decrease to allow God to increase. God's people hear his voice.

Peace Sister

Radical Faith

6. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Here is the link. It's a different devotional everyday with no archive but I love to read them. I warn you it's not cake and ice cream everyday. Sometimes it's brussel sprouts and liver.

Enjoy and grow

http://www.joncourson.com/home/dailydevotional.asp

7. Joyce

Joyce Well-Known Member MEMBER

people
    Ratings:
    +56
    Amen Sis,

It may not always taste good but it always IZ good for the soul.

:tweety:

8. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,318

Beautiful.

It's true; one shouldn't become down when going through tribulations, but as the Holy Son stated, should indeed rejoice because we go through it for His Name's sake, and in us He is Glorified, just as the Father be Glorified in the Son.

To be faithful to the King can be easy when times are well, but when times are hard and you hold true faith in He who died for our sins and was Resurrected for our life, then your faith is proven to be most worthy.