Black Short Stories : It's In His Kiss

Simone watched he stars as they glistened in the sky. Jackson stood beside her on the balcony, and sipped some white wine. “Yeah I remember that episode when Jay-Jay went to jail,” He smiled. They were reminiscing on re-runs of goodtimes. It was her favorite show and any man who watch goodtimes she was a fan of. Simone loved the way Jackson made her smile, and when she was around him she felt so beautiful. Her mother and Felicia had left the house for them to be alone. She was begging to love his personality. They had only been talking for and hour, but she believed first impressions were lasting. Out of the blue Simone spoke, “Yes,” Jackson stared out into space. “Yes I will get to know you…..I will give you a chance,” a tear escaped her eye. She was even more surprised when Jackson kneeled down to hug her. “Thank You,” he said his face pressed into her shoulder. Simone knew that she wanted to start her life all over, she flet like one of the women from waiting to exhale. But with Jerome on the rage and Her newfound disability would it be easy for her to start over with Jackson?

three months later………

Simone was so sick of having to hold on to bars and try and move her legs in sync. Good news was she had regained the feeling in her lower body, but felt like a baby just learning to walk. “Can we stop for today,” she asked Peggy her therapist.
“No we cannot, you ever want to get me off your back...” Peggy smiled.
“My back isn’t the problem it’s my legs,”
Simone was ecstatic when Peggy finally let her go. Jackson stood outside on the side walk, as she was wheeled out. He had her favorite candy in his hand, gummy bears, and a single steamed rose. “You remembered,” she smiled as he kneeled down to kiss her. “How could I forget sweets for the sweetest woman in town?” He kissed her on the forehead.
Jerome had brought his car, because Simone could not be placed in his truck. Simone loved his jet black BMW. He lifted her and placed her in the seat. “You know I like when you do that,” she smiled. Jackson got in and they were off. Jackson turned on the radio, and a new artist played. Simone thought the song was jamming’ so she started to sing along. “Got to get my paper, ***** got to know if she ain’t fly I cant keep her…” the song went off and simone waited to hear who the artist was. “that’s that hot new joint from ya boy Romi Rome right outta Lakeside. You can hit him up at club Mabel’s tonight.” The announcer yelled
Lord please say its not so, simone said inside of her head. She hoped that Jackson didn’t notice. All this time his fake dreams of becoming a big time rap artist, had really come true. Simone wanted to let down the window and hurl. She felt very sick, she didt know whether she felt sick for society being introduced to a dirt bag. Or she felt sick for missing her piece of the pie.
“**** baby you alright,” Jackson asked.
Was it that obvious that she was feeling sick?
“Fine…just tired…you know Peggy.” She tried to play it off.
Was it the fact that Jerome had finally made it that made her jealous?
The car ride home was awkward, Simone didn’t even steal her usual glance into Jackson’s eyes.
When inside his lovely home, Simone kind of sat and stared into space. Jacksons house consisted of three bedroom, a game room, an office, and two bathrooms. His kitchen had a bar, and the carpet was a plush white. What did he have to worry about, no kids, no through traffic. Jackson turned on the stereo and played Simone’s favorite song, “weak,” by SWV. Simone didn’t even notice for the state of numbness that she was in. “what you want for dinner, baby,” Jackson stood directly above her. Simone stared into the widescreen television.
“Earth to Simone,” Jackson kneeled down to her.
“Baby, are you alright…….?” He looked worried for her lack of attention to her surroundings.
“wha…what oh I’m fine?” she lied.
Jackson stood back up, and asked his question all over again.
“what you want for dinner,” he smiled weakly.
“baby you know I love everthing you make,” she smiled back
“Girl now you know this is Louisiana, Gumbo it is,” he waltzed to the kitchen to get ready. The smile faded from simone’s face, she didn’t know if she could pretend any longer that Jerome’s newfound success didn’t bother her. She was envious of whoever he got with now……it could have been her.
Days turned into weeks and Simone was beginning to improve, she could even walk without her crutches. She was so happy she couldn’t wait to show everyone that she was back.
It was Sunday afternoon and Jackson was preparing a Sunday dinner for simone, her mother, Melanie, and Felicia. Simone laughed at Felicia reminiscing about their younger days. Inside of her mind she could not wait for her surprise. Dinner was to perfection, Jackson’s culinary arts training had really paid off. Simone waited until everyone was done before she made her move. “Everybody I have something I want to say,” she smiled. Everyone gave her their full attention. “it’s been six months since the wreck, and I’ve grown. Not only on the inside but the outside as well.” She began to stand. Jackson rushed over not sure what was happening. Simone flagged him away, and he gave her, her due space. She walked around the table to her mother and slowly bent down.” I want to thank you mama for being there for me, and taking care of me. God knew just who to make my mother,” simone felt a tear at the rim of her eye. “Melanie, Felicia you my girls…..ya’ll been my sisters since forever and even this made us stronger.” Simone burst into tears. She had to save the best for last, and that’s what he was. “Jackson…most men see a woman with baggage and they run away…you ran to me baby…..and I…” the door bell rang. The ringing broke the moment and simone got up slowly to answer. Once again Jackson followed close behind her. Simone opened the door wondering who it could be on a Sunday afternoon. A young man of about fourteen stood, with a basket of flower. “Sorry to trouble you madam but Romi Rome said this is a special delivery for a special woman,” the boy smiled and backed away. Simone stood with the flowers in hand and looked at Jackson who didn’t look too happy. She sat down the flowers and read the card. if you love someone let their past g, if the change they love you that much more. Jerome Adkins aka Romi Rome.
This was just great and perfect timing for Jerome as always. Jackson stood there with that what the hell is this look. Everyone else seemed to have the same look, except they said it aloud.

Simone was surprised that Jackson hardly spoke to her for the rest of the night. And the fact that he could not make eye contact with her said a lot. After her mother and friends left, Jackson spilled his guts, “what was that Simone,” he asked his eyes searching. “I don’t know Jackson…I’m not involved with him anymore did you forget that.” She hobbled to the sofa to sit. “I don’t know you tell me….seems that you haven’t told him that you’re seeing someone, or whatever it is that you do with me.” He stood by the sink his back now turned. “You know what…I don’t want to have this conversation right now” Simone turned on the TV, but just her luck there was Jerome gyrating on some big bootied girl. She quickly turned the volume down and watched the video closer, hoping Jackson didn’t enter the room. Simone looked at all the nice cars featured in the video and all the pretty girls. Money did change a lot of things. Simone felt jealous to see all the girls, in his video hugging and getting close to him. Jackson came in and Simone cut off the TV quickly. “Simone I don’t want to loose you, for once in my life I feel like I found someone who’s real.” He kneeled down and touched her face. Without thinking she kissed him on the lips, and he passionately kissed her back. He began to touch her in places she thought were still numb…..and she jerked away. “I understand if you’re not ready baby…I love you and would never force you to do anything.” He sat beside her and held her in his arms. If only he knew she was probably still in love with her ex. He would probably not think she was so real.
Simone lay in the bed and watched the Saturday night line-up. It had been two weeks since the Jerome incident, and she felt Jackson and she were growing apart. Her phone rang and she laid aside her ebony magazine to answer. “Hello,” she really interested. “Guess who’s at your door girl,” Felicia’s voice came trough the phone. “Black Santa Claus…” Simone smirked. “Look heffa…we ain’t having this outta you…and we got keys don’t make us come in and drag you out,” Melanie said in the background. “I’d sure like to see you try….”

“I don’t know what ya’ll are up to but I’m not wearing that old hoochie mama skirt,” Simone refused. “We tryna get you outta this house and into the real world again.” Melanie fused. “I’m not going to Jackson’s,” Simone snapped. “Girl who said anything about Jackson we’re going to THE HAZE, where the real playas play,” Felicia high fived Melanie.
Simone got dressed and her hair was done, but she was still having trouble walking, especially in the heels she wore. She was fly she had to admit….but what would Jackson think.
Club Haze was definitely the spot there were so many people inside there, wasn’t room for the big crowd outside. Simone cased the dance floor; she knew she would not be doing any of the dances anytime soon. “Girl I’ll go get us drinks….” Melanie yelled over the music. Simone thought to herself should she really be here, after all Jackson and she were an item. Felicia and Simone sat down in a corner away from the large crowd. “This club is popping girl….and all the rich men come here. Not that you need a man, with that fine piece of man you have. Felicia said popping her lips. Melanie sat back down with no drinks in hand. “The bartender said we have a special order of drinks…….from some Mr. Mystery man.” Melanie winked her eye at Felicia. “It better be Darrell’s old tired *** too. Think I’ma step aside for his wife and kids, not me.” Felicia high five Melanie. “Are you still seeing Mr. Lawyer man with the wife and two kids,” Simone smiled. “I guess you could call it that….I feels more like his call girl. Call me when he horny he call me when he need to get horny.” The bartender came over shortly. “Your drinks…ladies and the mystery man want to see you…follow me.” He asked of Simone. Follow him, she could barely walk without a limp and he wanted her to follow him through such a crowed club. “She’s been in a little accident…could you be careful with her,” Melanie informed. Simone rolled her eyes; she didn’t need the world to forever know that she was half crippled. The bartender nodded his head and Simone followed the best that she could. When they got to the large booth Simone felt like throwing up. There he was Romi Rome himself with about three young girls at his side. He looked good Simone had to admit that, but what was she suppose to say, Hi thank you for ruining my life and trying to get back with me. He smiled a gold plated smile, and Simone turned her head. “Good to see you doing better, baby.”
“I’m not your baby, what do you want.” She rolled her eyes, her posture defensive.
“Whoa…just wanted to see if you got the flowers I sent you….and if you want to join me for the after party. I just sold about 100 thousand records baby needs to celebrate.” He licked his lips and sat back arrogantly.
“Yeah, whatever how did you know I was here,” she was really curious to know.
“I can smell you girl, no one wears that chanel like you do……besides we meant for each other I got ESP,” Everyone at the table laughed.
“That ain’t all u got,” she retaliated.
“Look the parties gonna be at Mabel’s midnight, If you down you down….”
Simone walked away just as she had come. Who did he think he was giving her an ultimatum? Who was he with that be there or be there ****. Simone made it to the table and grabbed her purse. “I’ll call a cab don’t bother,” she walked, but not fast enough.
“uh uh ms thing you need to tell us what is going on……”

After she had explained to Melanie and Felicia they apologized for bringing her, the car ride home was like hell on earth. No one talked, all Melanie did was apologizing…Felicia just kept saying ****. Simone got out of the car and Felicia tried to follow. “I’ll be fine just go,” Simone said.
“You’re not mad are you Sis,” Felicia asked.
“Girl you know we are better than that….I’m just needing some alone time,” she lied. What she really need was to breathe.
She had been holding her breath since she seen Jerome. She didn’t know if seeing him was what she wanted. Even though she acted like she didn’t want to be near him, just the sight of him mad her heart skip a beat.
Simone got to her door and unlocked it, only to find Jackson sitting in the dark on her couch. “Baby I’m sorry,” he got up and began to kiss her.
“Jackson what the hell is wrong,” she asked.
“Baby, I’m so sorry I acted like a jealous fool when I know that you would never do anything to hurt me.” He kissed her lips.
Simone didn’t know why but his touch felt like ecstasy, and she wanted to get out of the clothes she wore. Before she could think he had carried her to the couch and was undressing here just as she undressed him. His kisses match her kisses, her touches with his. She was in heaven and Jackson was her angel.

Simone looked at the red letters on her clock….it was twelve 15. Jackson lay beside her his nude body exposed. All she could hear were the words of Jerome’s in her head “If you down you down.” She stared at Jackson’s keys. He would never know….and she was so curious. She would be back before he woke. She tiptoed to the bathroom. Her only fear was the fear of being behind the wheel again…not Jerome.

Jerome’s record must have been a big hit, it was packed from the floor to the door, and nothing but his music played. He was good……Simone couldn’t deny that. A guy Simone knew from the local radio station Djed and dancers were on the stage. Just like before Jerome was in a booth with girls surrounding. His face seemed to light up at the sight of her. “**** you made it…how you feeling.” He jumped up leaving his entourage. “I’m ok how about you Mr. Romi Rome.” She smiled. “You want to go somewhere and talk,” he asked like a gentleman. Simone was surprise usually he would say lets roll. “Sure y not…I guess it wouldn’t hurt.
Simone was surprise she had been sitting and talking to Jackson for about 30 minutes and he actually made sense. He was talking about how he would volunteer at the youth shelter…and how he had donated to the local youth center. “Is this the same Rome I use to see.” She laughed
“Yeah girl it me…….I just realized a lot of stuff. When you got hurt I coulda kicked my own *** for letting you go. I love you baby I always will.”
What was she suppose to say to that. Of course she still had feelings for him. They had good times and bad times…but she wasn’t about to tell him that.
“Is there a bathroom in here,” Simone asked of the room that they were in.
Jerome pointed the way. She stood in the mirror. Though she wore make up the some of the scars still remained. She loved Jackson so much, and Jerome she loved as well. It was hard to choose, because Jerome seemed to be changing, and Jackson was perfect…but he wasn’t Jerome. Simone stepped out of the bathroom and sat back down. She sipped her drink….god knew she needed it. Her head hurt so bad….. And her vision was blurred…. She had to lie down for a minute…..just…one……minute.

Finally The End

Simone sat up with a quick wind. She looked around, it was dark…and she could hear loud music in the background. She stumbled up…..her dress was torn. What was going on and where was Jerome. She saw a green exit sign and high tailed for it. She looked at her watch when she was in some light. It was four oclock in the morning, and Jackson had probably discovered her gone. She got climbed into his truck,,her body strangley sore. She got to her house in less than twenty minutes, but not quick enough. There was Jackson sitting on the side of the bed his head in his hands. “where you been simone…and don’t lie to me.” He turned to face her. “I went to the store baby….we outta milk.” She smiled weakly. “really…then why did Jerome call here ten minutes ago saying you left someing at his place?”
Damnit she didn’t know what ot say to that.
“Don’t even bother I’m out of your life simone I thought you were different….but maybe its just me.”
She felt like an even big fool for not trying to stop him. She just stood there looking at the morning sky through her window.

Reality had finally hit her, she still wore her torn dress sprawled on the bed. She was still somewhat confused about what had happened last night. And where had Jerome disappeared to? A knock on her door jarred her back to reality. She hobbled up to get it, wishing it would be Jackson. Instead there stood Jerome with a boutique of flowers. “hey baby,” he smiled.
“sorry I had to jet…..but my manager and I had some business to finish.” His eyes darted across the room.
“cut the bull**** okay…I’m not stupid Jerome—you raped me?” a tear came to her eye.
“raped you?” he looked surprised.
“first of all you came there looking for me, second of all two drinks and you was all over me…don’t put that **** on me.”
“I know you raped me Jerome, I passed out.” She wanted to grab him.
“look you know what im get at you when you making sense. Seems like you just like the rest of these hoes out here. Tryna say I raped you or got you pregnant to get a piece of the pie. You know what I’m out,” he went out the door, but was met by Jackson.
“goodluck,” Jerome expressed to Jackson.
“what is he doing here,” Jackson asked.
“he wasn’t here, he took his way.” Simone sat down and hugged her body.
She would never get Jerome to admit that he had raped her, and was too embarrassed to ever tell Jackson.
“is this a bad time,” Jackson asked.
Simone tried to straighten up her face and pretend everything was ok.
Inside her head there were, vague images of Jerome standing over her.
“no, no this is the perfect time. I’m sorry honey…it’s all my fault. I just had to have some closeure and get him off my back.” she lied.
“well doesn’t look like it worked.” Jackson rolled his eyes.
“trust me you won’t have to worry about him anymore.” She said as if she believed it.
“look Simone I am falling so deep in love with you, I cant loose you right now.” Jackson kneeled to kiss her on the forehead.
“I love you too..” she kissed him softly on the lips.
She loved Jackson, that was no lie and after what had happened with Jerome let her further know.

Six weeks later…
“I don’t know what’s wrong with me girl, I been throwing up all **** night. And I feel like someone put a rock in my stomach.” Simone said
“mhm I tell you what’s wrong with her. There’s a little Jackson in there.” Melanie smiled.
“girl please Jackson and I use protection,” simone said
She had to think in the back of her mind that they hadn’t ever used protection. And if she was pregnant was there a possibility that it was jerome’s?
“I don’t know what’s wrong might be that crawfish Jackson cooked last night.”
*doctor’s office*
“well ms craig you definetly do not have to worry, you don’t have food poisoning.” The doctor smiled.
“thank god,” simone smiled back.
“but congratulations you are pregnant.”
Simone felt herself almost fall of the table.
This is just what she need to be pregnant….by Jerome.
What would she tell Jackson, that it was his...?

Simone had planned it all out; she would tell Jackson the truth. She loved him to much to lead him on or hurt him.
Dinner was romantic, Simone wore her favorite black dress and heels, and Jackson wore a shirt and slacks. He looked so handsome Simone could almost cry. “so why did you want us to get all dressed up baby,” Jackson asked.
Simone took a deep breath.
“well baby…..”
She couldn’t do it she couldn’t tell him.
“remember how you said you always wanted to be a family…..well,
I’m pregnant,” the last part she said louder.
Jackson just sat there looking let down. He got up from the table.
“baby what’s wrong…I thought”
“girl you got me over here thinking now. I mean you bout to have my baby. Nothing left for me to do but…..simone will you marry me.” He smiled.
Simone didn’t know what to say. She wasn’t ready for all that just yet.
“yes baby I will.” She could not ever say what she felt. Now look where she was. Pregnant and about to marry a man she had not been dating a year.
“I know you thinking it’s too soon. But baby we don’t have to do it now. We can do it a year from now…two if you want.” Jackson held her tightly.
A year from now she would probably be in the nut house…..wasn’t that something.

Simone found herself six months pregnant waddling into the grocery store at three oclock on a Monday afternoon. Since Jackson had gotten her to move in with her she felt like a housewife. She was doing cooking, cleaning, grocery shoppind. And lord knows that man could make the biggest mess. It had been months since she had seen Jerome. Last time she seen him he was on BET’s 106 and park talking about his new album. In a way she was happy, then again she hated his guts for what he had done. Simone spoted on of her mothers friends in the check out line. Just her luck people loved to poke pregnant women’s bellys. And if she got poked on more time to day someone was going down. She tried to sneak by and thank god she was successful. She scooted to the truck and put the groceries in. in a sudden instance she got dizzy and felt like she would faint. She had better get home and lie down, lord knows she need no more tragadeys this year.
Simone sat up all day waiting for Jerome to come home. He was usually at the club doing paperwork in his office in the daytime. The club was not open on moday nights, so simone wondered where he could be at ten at night. She had dozed off on the sofa when she heard him come throught the front door and toss his keys on the counter. “hey baby,” she said stretching. He kneeled down and gave her a kiss on the cheek. That’s when she noticed the red marks on his collar, and the sweet smell of some perfume she did not wear. She looked at him quizzically, but got no response back. in fact he could not even look at her. “so where you been,” she looked down at the floor. “oh some of my guys wanted to get together for some drinks…you know a guy thing.” She laughed. One thing she did know was Jerome didn’t have that many guy friends, and he rarely drank. “does that explain the red marks on you shirt,” she looked at him sternly. “red marks?....oh girl that’s hot sauce we had barbecue wings and…”
“don’t lie to me Jackson,” she said. She knew him well enough to know when he lied he rambled.
There was a long silence and then he kneeled in front of her.
“look baby truth is my ex is back in town and she just walked in the club today. Trying to act like everthing was okay between us. She tried to make a pass at me, but I shut her down. Drove her to the buss stop, and that’s that,”
Oddly enough they had never discussed his ex girlfriend that much. All simone knew was she was some proper talking college student from up north with money, and a bad attitude. “that’s it?” she asked.
“promise that’s it…baby I love you I don’t need her all I need is you…and my daughter.” He said kissing her tummy.
She sure wanted to believe him but was a little suspicious because he lied at first, why not lie again.

Simone lie in the bed the next morning with her favorite ice cream, vanilla swirl. She was watching family feud and did not notice the shadow outside her window. Simone was yelling an answer at the tv when a russle in the bushed outside caught her attention. She slowlt got up and waddled to the door. She hope it was the lawn guy the grass was out of hand. She opened the sliding door only to be met by a womans slender tall figure. She was beautiful, she had loing hair that met her shoulder blades and exciting brown eyes that could infatuate anyone. “aha, so you’re the reason he wont come home,” the woman said. “excuse me,” was all simone could get out. “my Jackson, youre what he left us for.” The woman looked simone up and down. “and I see he still makin babies/” the woman focused on her belly. “im sorry maam I don’t know who you are…or what you want but I need for you to raise up off my property. “ simone tried to close the door. “ your property, technically all this is mine, after all I am still his wife and I do have his children,” the woman snapped one last time. “when you see his little scary *** tell him rhonda said see her,” Could this be the college student he had told her about. That was impossible this woman had to be in her late thirties. Way older than Jackson. And she looked nothing like she was rich. She looked more like a horror story from some ghetto magazine. Simone closed the door and left the woman yelling out side. She didn’t know what the hell was going on, but someone would have to explain and quick.

Tuesday through Saturday Jacksons café was open and was always full of customers. Sometimes there was live entertainment, and college students came by regulary to study and mingle. Simone spotted Jackson behind the cash resgister giving change , and broke in line. “who is Rhonda?” simone stood hand on her hip. Jacksons mouth almost dropped to the floor. “you gonna answer, she came to our house today….jackson this woman claims she’s your wife. Jackson lowered his head. “she is my….wife sort of.” He pretended to be occupied with something else. “your wife…so when were you goining to tell me,” simone was dizzy now. “I didn’t think I had to, plus we’re getting a divorce.” He said. “oh and what about your kids,”simone felt her face getting hot. “sooner or later,” he said still preoccupied. “more later I’m guessing.” She said. “why are you worried about it, you and mack daddy still seeing each other,” he said bluntly. “that’s a lie and you know it Jerome.” She yelled. The club seemed quite and the people in line stared.
“look can we countine this conversation at home,” he pleaded.
“what home……im moving out.” She turned to walk away.
And waiter for Jerome to follow, but he never did.

Simone cried and packed. She packed and cried some more. Then she just fell out on the bed and screamed. What was her problem with men, right when she thought she’d found the one. He turned out to be an almost bigamist. The door clicked at five thirty, and simone jumped up. Jackson came through the door and stood in the bedroom entrance. His hands in his pocket and his head down he finally spoke. “don’t go,” he said. “why shouldn’t I, you’re a liar,” she drug the bag off the bed. “hey….dont do that you’ll hurt yourself let me help you..” he said, “ I don’t need your **** help,” “come on just stop it.” “I said I don’t need……” simone felt a sudden gush of fluid swirl down her leg. She held her stomach and a sharp pain set in. “ oh my god, you alright baby…” Jackson asked. Simone could not speak, all she could do was stare. Jackson rushed to call an ambulance. All she could keep saying in her head, was not now.

Simone was rushed into surgery for a cesarean and to her surprise Jackson was right there through it all. After she had woken up completely the doctor came in an explained everything. He said the baby was on oxygen and was small, but she was a fighter, and he was sure she’d do fine. When the doctor left Jerome stepped up. “ their names are Kobe and Toshie. Kobe’s seven and Toshie just turned five. I don’t see them much, because their mom and I are separated…I never meant to hurt you simone…I promise.” Did he not know that his promises meant nothing to her. Did he think she really lived on his false hope. Just as she was about to chew him out a lady came around with a clipboard. “ hello Mr. and Mrs. Craig. I’m” “I’m Mrs. Craig he’s just leaving,” simone glared at Jackson. “uh…um well im mrs daniels and ill be organizing everything for the birth certificate and sending it off. What’s the babys name.” the small white lady asked. Simone wanted to say tribulation, but she refrained. “Grace,” simone said. “last name please.” The woman wrote. “ warren, grace warren,” Jackson spoke up. Simone wanted to debate, but could not because the woman had already left. “ what the hell do you think youre doing.” Simone said sternly. “ giving my daughter my name..that;s what” he said. “ is that a problem for you.”
“yes,” she shouted.
“oh yeah why is that simone,” he got in her face
“because shes not……your daughter.” Simone said.
Jackson was quiet and stared at her.
“what the hell is that suppose to mean.” He asked angrily.
“Jackson…jerome raped me that night. I couldn’t tell you but he raped me. Theres a possibily that Grace isn’t your child.” She cried tears of relief.
“you expect me to believe that this man raped you simone. I don’t believe that one bit, in fact you went looking for him….raped you?” Jackson grabbed his coat a ran out the room. What was she to do now. All she could do was get out a piece of paper and write to Jerome. She had his address, and she had to tell him he had a daughter.. no matter how she hated him. She couldn't do it and the pen just froze in her hand. She loved Jackson and god knows she never wanted to hurt him. She would sever her own arm before she hurt him. She didnt care about his past all she wanted was him. She started to cry, as she felt the effects of the medication start to work. She might as well take a nap, there was nothing that she could do.

Those six weeks that grace was int he hospital were the longest of her life. Now as simone held her inside her arms and looked at her perfect everything, she knew that she was
meant to be her mother, no matter who her father was. Just as usual Jerome had done another disappearing act and was in hiding. Jackson was obviously still dealing with the situtation in his own way too. Simone watched as her mother scooted around the kitchen singing church songs and prasing the lord. "I'm gone cook you the best meal you done ever had child...you lookin too pale for me," her mother shouted from the kitchen.
Just as simone was putting Grace down in her bassinet a knock came to the door. Knowing Felicia and Melanie It was Probably them. they had been over everyday cooing at the baby and bringing her gifts. And since they were her godmother's Simone had no problem with it. "baby can you get that i'm kind of tied up," her mother asked. "Sure mama." Simone smiled and went to the door. She flung the door open, and to her surprise there was Jackson with a little girl and boy clinging to him. Simone was not about to let him know how much she had missed him. She glanced his way but would not make eye contact.
"Yes," she asked.
"Look I know these past weeks have been hard, and I know that you probably hate me. But we all do things we shouldn't simone. I'm Not perfect...."
"Who that at the door child.." her mother rounded the corner.
"Oh hey there Jackson Baby, I'm Making Salisbury steak come on in," her mother smirked. Simone knew her mother like the back of her own hand. she also knew that she was going to instigate this situation. "No thanks Ma we need to talk....excuse us." simone said stepping outside.
she pointed briefly to the children that clung to him. "Oh...this is toshie.. and this is Kobe." he smiled Simone didn't smile back. the children were beautiful and if she must say the little girl looked just like grace. she couldnt help but stare at her. "what do you want from me Jackson..I mean if we don't have trust we don't have nothin'" simone said. "I know...but I'm just scared of loosing you. Deep down i know that you are a good woman Simone." he smiled. "then why did you lie to me," she asked.
"I'm sorry I just didnt think it was the right time to tell you.."
"So when was when we were married and Grace was school age." she asked.
"I'm not the only bad guy here simone, you are not exempt. what about you and that rapper Romie--- whatever. You dont think that hurt me?" he asked. He put down the kids and told them to wait in the car. "Look either we can work out our differences.. or i'll leave you alone for good." he said.
"and what about grace--" simone looked into his eyes finally.
"we will take a test, If she's mine I stay...If she isn't because I love you so **** much I stay." he said. he turned to walk to his car, only to find simones lips locked to his.
He said no more and go into his car and drove off. The only thing simone could think of now was jerome and getting his priorities straight. She knew where he hung when he was in town. and nine times out of ten he was in town.

Just as she had suspected Jerome was at the Diamond Lounge in the back getting high. Simone had left grace with her mother for a while... while she got somethings straight.
she had to admit Jerome looked like ****.. he looked like he had craweled out of the dumps. "Hey baby girl what's up," he was too high to gorce his words out. "your daughter is what's up," Simone wanted to scream.
"Man whatever I aint got no kids you be trippin G," he laughed.
"Yeah well prove it, If you aint her daddy then I leave you alone. If you are I get half of what you got." she demanded.
"Look I don't owe you ****," he tried to stand but was too high.
"Just be there, County memorial Hospital Three sharp,"
"Don't be giving me no time frames either **** it....."
Simone left withiout even giving him a dignified response.
She didnt know what was goin on with him but whatever it was he needed to really sort it out.

The headlines were clear "Former Rising Hip-Hop Artist is sued by manager," There it was clear as day Romie Rome was broke. Simone knew him to well. She knew that he only got that high when he either owed someone, or was on his way to jail. That only meant one thing, If he was grace's father she wouldn't be getting any financial support from him. But atleast she would have closeure knowing.
It was three oclock sharp and still no jerome. Jackson was already in the process of taking the test. Simone waited and looked and worried, but Jerome was a no show.
"Is the other party here yet," a blonde nurse asked.
simone shook her head no.
An hour had passed when jackson came out with a tall skinny man.
"he still no here," Jackson asked.
Simone just dropped her head.
"Well it doesnt look like we'll need him these results are 99.9 percent acurate, We already found the father of your child," the man smiled and walked away.
Simones heart skipped ten beats. did that mean what she tought it did. Was Jackson actually grace's father.
"I'm ready to be with you...and my daughter. I've already been away to long. And I won't ask again, will you be my wife." he looked into her eyes.
Simone loved him, and she knew that he would be the perfect father for Grace.
"Yes Jackson I will marry you." she flew into his arms as tears streamed down her face.

Simone had learned that sometimes its better to work out the differences with a good man, than to sort them out with a no good man. She also found out that no one is perfect, but Jackson was about as close as she would ever get. She loved him and she grew to love his kids as they did her. Jackson Got his divorce Finally, and they were married right before Grace's First birthday.
Jerome on the other end came to a bad end. Not only did he take his own life, He went crazy and took the lives of about four of his groupies. He was now just another Dead rapper. How does the saying go "you live by the sword you die by the sword. Headlines read "Rapper Jerome"Romie-Rome" Comits Suicide Two days before trial," "Another Dead Rapper Cased Closed," He would take his deeds to hell with him and god have mercy on his soul when judgement was foretold.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back