Black Short Stories : It's In His Kiss

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by $$BEAUTY$$, Apr 30, 2006.

1. $$BEAUTY$$

$$BEAUTY$$ Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2

“Why are you still standing there I thought I made it clear that we are over,” Simone was not in the mood for Jerome’s Lame excuses, not this time. He held a boutique of flowers up to her face, as if she would fall into his arms. She had been stupid in the past, but it was time for a change. She had given him three wasted years and it was time that she made up for her loss. “Baby, I’m…….” He couldn’t finish because her apartment door slammed shut in his face.

She was so sick of doing for someone who would never do for themself. He always wore the latest fashions, while she was stuck looking like a housewife with ten kids. She had so many run over slippers she could start a vintage shop. He didn’t work all he knew how to do was drugs and go to jail. And there she was at the jail, writing him letters and even bailing him out. Yes it was true she had been the fool, but not anymore. She stepped out of her fuzzy slippers and her pink floral pajamas, it was a new day and she was a new woman.

Simone let the water of the shower caress her body, it felt good to finally indulge in the simple pleasures of life. Now that Rome was gone she had never knew things could be so great. Nothing tasted the same, and when it came to looking at herself in the mirror she had to admit she was a bad mama. She slipped into a silky navy blue knee length dress and matching strapless heels. She was about to do things the way they had never been done, but the way they were suppose to be.

The lights inside the small café were dim and on the stage a skinny black girl belted out “Summer-time” into the microphone. She sounded good, and Simone stopped to sway to the music. From the distance she could see her two friend’s right where they were every Saturday night, in the corner section by the bar. She walked over wondering if they would notice her without her bunny slippers. Melanie the light skinned goofy one immediately reacted.
    “Aww hell what is this coming up in here,” she said over the music.
    “Hell if I know but looks like a ghost to me,” Felicia smirked.
    “Now either she done got rid of that wannabe gangster pimp or I dun had to many **** apple martinis.” Melanie laughed.

They were surprised to see her; they had a right to be. Whenever they had asked her to come along, she was either to busy taking care of Jerome or too busy pretending to be happy taking care of him.
    Simone closed her eyes and shook her head yes, assuring them that she had really left him this time. They all three hugged and screamed to the top of their lungs.
    “Thank you Jesus, I knew all that praying in the shower, at prayer meeting, in the car, every **** where would work?” Felicia hugged Simone tightly.
    “I am so happy for you girl, just make sure you mean it this time.” Melanie held out her hand.

Simone took a seat when a young handsome waiter appeared. They all just kind of stared and check him out and gave each other the “LOOK”.
    “May I get you ladies anything,” He asked.
    “No, No…….we’re just peachy.” Felicia stuttered.
    “Speak for yourself girl. I’ll have some Thank You Jesus, With a Side of Lawd Ham Mercy, with some Good Gawd to drink,” Melanie stared at the young man who just smiled.
    “And You Mrs. ….” He looked at Simone.
    “Its Ms. and I’ll have whatever you are offering.” Her look was seductive and her friends giggled.
    Hell she might even have seconds of whatever he was offering especially after being with Jerome A.k.a Romi Rome. For that fact she might even have some **** dessert she was a free woman and she was not about to let opportunity slip underneath her Prada heels.

Simone had, had her fill of about three Fuzzy Navels and about ten or so singers and poets. Her watch clearly stated that it was after midnight, and she knew there was church in the morning. She wished her friends well and goodbye and made her way to the Exit. She was almost their when the young man from earlier stepped into her path. “Wow, you startled me,” Simone held her chest.
    “My deepest apologies, may I see you to your car.” He asked politely

He was a real gentleman, which was something Simone didn’t know if she could get used to. Jerome always said, Hey baby lets roll out,” even if she wasn’t ready to go he never asked, hell he didn’t care.
    He opened the door and Simone held her leather coat to her medium frame. It was windy and she prayed her knee length skirt did not fly up. “I am sorry you must see me as a rude man, I’m Jackson,” He extended his hand.
    “Nice meeting you Jackson, I’m Simone.” She took his hand and smiled.

She was floored she had never seen a more beautiful set of teeth. In fact, she had never seen any mans teeth. Mr. “I’ma get slugged up” had gold plates on almost every tooth.
    His hand was also warm and smooth, not rough and ashy.
    “So you wait tables here every Saturday,” she asked.
    Jackson Laughed and looked around.
    “What’s so funny,” she asked confused at his apparent amusement.
    “I don’t wait tables…. I own the place.” He smiled.
    “Oh, Oh My god I’m sorry I didn’t know.” She apologized.
    “Its quite alright, I just came over to see if such a beautiful woman needed anything, after all I have a lot to offer,” He looked into her eyes.
    Simone looked away, was she really ready for dating just yet?
    “Really, and what’s that….” Before he could answer a car alarm went off and Simone’s heart stopped.

**** Jerome and all that he stood for, how could he do this to her, to her car. All she could see was broken glass and red paint on her Volvo. He had really gone to far this time. She didn’t want Jackson to know that she had a crazy ex that wouldn’t let up; it would probably scare him off.
    “If it’s okay with you I’ll take you home,” He offered. She barely knew him for all she knew he could have been a killer or worst married to a psychotic jealous killer. She didn’t know whether to say yes or no but she had to say something. She couldn’t be a fool, and the given circumstances told her that Jerome would probably be waiting at her doorstep. And one thing that she knew about him was he was really a coward other men he would never stand up to them, without his clique. She had to say yes, how would she ever get to know Jackson if she didn’t learn to trust him first. What she did know was Jerome had gone too far and pay back was a real *****, and it's name was Simone Craig

Stay Tuned for Part 2>>>>>>

2. $$BEAUTY$$

Ratings:
    +2
    Part 2

Simone tried to appear as if riding home with a man she had just met did not bother her. Her body language said that she was very uncomfortable. “I don’t see you in the café often, and who are those women you were with,” Jackson tried to break the silence. “well I haven’t been in a while, and those were my two best friends,” she held her hands between her lap as if she was cold. He had a nice truck she had to admit it. She had never seen luxury like this. His pearl white navigator made her feel like a queen sitting next to a king. They pulled up in front of her apartment, and surprisingly Jerome was not there. Jackson rushed out of the truck to open her door, but she was already out. She felt like a fool, she wasn’t use to men opening doors. More like slamming them and sayin “ima holla at u when you ready to act right” They walked in silence before Simone spoke.
    “I’m grateful that you went out of your way to bring me home…” she stuttered.
    “Anytime…plus that last singer was--- pretty bad,” they both laughed.
    Simone caught herself entwined in his eyes. They were beautiful dark brown and he had long eyelashes. Simone reached her door and didn’t know what to say next.
    “Well Madame I am thrilled to have made your acquaintance and you may stop by anytime,” he reached out for her hand and kissed it. Simone blushed and went inside the house as he walked back to his truck. She slid down the door, and onto the floor, that man was about to be hers, and she knew that.

“brothers and sisters, children of god lets us bow our heads for sister Margaret Fairchild who is on our sick and shut in list for today,” Reverend Cole prayed. Simone bowed her head but thought to herself ‘she aint sick she at the racetrack’ Lord knows it was a beautiful day. The sun shined in the baby blue sky and there wasn’t a cloud in sight. Simone looked up to the heavens and thanked god for this wonderful day……until.
    Across the street at the liquor store a familiar voice called her name.
    “hey baby, you look good,”
    There he was Mr. Romi Rome himself, and god forbid her actions but he was about to receive a hallelujah beat down. ‘lord you know I am your child and I pray that you forgive me for my actions,’
    She walked across the street in traffic, she didn’t even look first.
    “You crusty black no good son of a *****,” she said.
    “hold on Holy roller aint that not god like,” some guy standing by rome said.
    Simone paid him no attention it was rome she was after.
    “Aw baby don’t be like that you know I love you,” he grabbed her and squeeze her behind underneath her dress.
    Before she knew it she had slugged him so hard in the face he stumbled backwards.
    Right as he was getting up two young men from church came up.
    “He bothering you Ms. Craig.” The boys asked.
    “Yeah if he is let us know,” three more boys came up.
    Rome and his little sidekick disappeared, the look in his eyes said” it ain’t ova”.

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    wow! outstanding story, i love it pt.3 please!!!!!
    keep it coming so i can get my read on ...........

4. $$BEAUTY$$

Ratings:
    +2
    Simone sat with a cup of chamomile tea and read the Sunday paper. More havoc in the world, just what she needed to complete her day. A ‘Goodtimes’ re-run flashed across the screen, and Simone remembered being a child. She was just like the Evans kids she didn’t have much, but a god fearing mother and hard down father kept her on the right track. A knock came to her door and shook her quickly back to reality. She knew no one visited her on Sunday, except her mother. She rushed to the door hoping to see her mother on the other side with some homemade apple pie. She thrusts open the door and almost lost her footing. Just like the previous night, he stood there looking like he should be on somebody’s magazine cover. “Jackson?” She asked surprised.
    “Hey, hope I didn’t interrupt anything,” He said looking over her shoulder.
    “No….nothing,” She smiled.
    “Sorry to just drop by buy I was on my way home from church and……”
    She didn’t even catch what he said next, the word church echoed inside her head. This man had joking, he did have a lot to offer and she was beginning to see.
    “I mean I was just going to stop by and check on you and see how things were…….may I come in,” he asked
    “Um,” she did have to clean up her room, but who said they were going there?
    “Sure why not,” she exclaimed stepping aside to let him in.
    Oh la la, the man smelled good, she knew that had to be some expensive cologne that he wore. He had her looking “crazy in love” like Beyonce.
    “This is a warm place you have here,” he said looking around.
    She had hear her place called a lot of things, but warm?
    “Thank you,” she said hoping that it was a comment.
    “So your car…….update?” He said quizzically.
    “Well I had my cousin tow it to his shop; hopefully he can repaint it and fix the windshield. I had to go to church on the bus. You know I couldn’t see anything for Sister Josephine’s ten gallon hat. My neck still hurts.” She said rubbing her neck.
    To her surprise he was laughing so hard he was gasping for breath.
    “Are you ok….oh my god I’ll get you some water,” she panicked
    He held her arm and she stood confused. “No I’m alright, its just I love your sense of humor. A lot of sisters are to stiff these days,” he sat down and rested.
    Well she was just speaking the truth, but she would do anything to see those pretty white teeth.
    “Let me cut to the chase, I came over here because you made a huge impact on me last night. And I think you are a beautiful intelligent woman……I know what you’re going to say. I know you have a crazy ex that won’t let up. But I want to be your future. I came over here Simone to ask you out on a date.” He looked into her eyes, almost to her soul.
    She stood there feeling like he was speaking like the mother on Charlie brown. All she heard was whomp, whomp, whomp DATE. Was she really ready for that?
    “Look I don’t know if im ready for that, I mean I just broke up with my boyfriend, and…….” She was cut off by his hand on hers.
    “I understand that Simone and I won’t force you to do anything. How about we call it a friendly gathering, I’ll make dinner, whatever you want.” He smiled.
    ****, it was apparent that he was serious about seeing her, and obviously Jerome’s childish endeavors did not faze him.
    “And Simone, trust me your man doesn’t scare me at all, as long as he doesn’t harm you I’ll keep my friends off him,” he smirked
    “Friends,” was he that powerful that he had goons.
    “Yeah, two of um knuckle and foot,” they both laughed.
    She liked Jackson he was a great person to be around. She just hoped he was real and not another showcase brother.
    “Ill leave you with this, if you decide to do it call me, if you don’t then you’re still alright with me girl,” he handed her a card.
    This man got sexier by the minute, and thanks to Jerome not being there every night she was way past due on her booty call odometer. When his warm lips kissed her small, soft hand she almost was a cartoon character and melted into the cement of her walkway. And when she watched him walk away in that clean suit and dress shoe she had to say. AMEN!

Another depressing day at work, two people had already called in and she was on the verge of firing someone. She was team lead for the morning shift at bank, and if one more person miss counted someone’s money they were out. “Simone I have to go to the bathroom,” Holly a little pregnant Spanish girl whined. The line for a Monday morning was already exceptionally long, and she only had three tellers. “Bye holly,” she said with a little but too much attitude. Just when she thought things would get no worst there was the big boss lady. Simone could not stand that she worked for such an uppity, unconstitutional woman. If you told her you broke your foot….she’s say did you do it here. If you said you feel faint, she’d say not in front of the customer. That woman had some nerve and if she came over and said her normal routine Helllllllu oh Simone was going off. Who in the hell wore fur in the dead of spring wasn’t it hot enough. She sashayed over, her nose high above smelling **** level. “Well…….helllllu everyone.” She belted. Simone tried to hold it but for the life of her it came out anyways. “HELLO, HELLO……”she yelled. Some customers just stared at her.
    “Simone that tome was completely unacceptable. Now if you think you are in your ‘hood chilling with the homies you need to check out the scenery dear. This is not one of your little shin digs or shall I say hole in the walls. We must have proper etiquette and tone at all times.”
    **** she hated that *****, if she could afford it she would reach over that counter and snatch her wig clean off. Probably throw it in the garbage on the way out…that was where it belonged.
    Simone apologized and excused herself to the back. Lord just one more hour and she would be free of the African slave driver and all her overseers. She slipped her hand inside her pocket for a cigarette, forgetting she had dropped the habit two years prior. Instead she found Jackson’s card…….
    What could it hurt him cooking her dinner, her looking at those beautiful dimples and everything else.
    Plus after her day she needed to see someone smile even if it wasn’t her.

5. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    seem like she was having one hard day set to fire somebody
    and to asure her self through someone else smile makes the day
    end in warmth ............this getting good she gonna meet Jackson ??

PT.4 c'mon now !

6. $$BEAUTY$$

Ratings:
    +2
    goooooood question rich my fine fellow, lol i dont know will she? maybe

7. $$BEAUTY$$

Ratings:
    +2
    Simone sped home on the freeway; the rental car she drove did eighty miles an hour. She had to get home and call Jackson; she couldn’t let his invitation go cold. She played baby face’s”whip appeal” loud on the stereo system in the car. That was something that she planned to put on Jackson soon, her whip appeal. In an instance a car swerved to miss tire pieces in front of her, Simone braked hard, but it was too late. The car flipped over twice and landed in an upside down position. Simone still alive was slipping in and out of consciousness. Before she blacked out she managed to whisper, “Jackson.”

Simone awoke in a big white room, a bright light show down into her face, “was this the great beyond? She tried to sit up, but found she could not move. She was strapped to some type of table. “Ms. Craig we will be finished with your cat scan soon, good to have you back with us,” a tall slim nurse smile down at her. Back? Where had she been without knowing? The last thing she remembered was driving home to confirm her plans with Jackson. Where was she, and why was she moving into some type of tunnel.
    Simone tried to speak, but found that her throat was very dry. And for some odd reason her lip felt big and swollen. “Where…wha…where am I?” she finally could utter.
    “You’re in the hospital Ms. Craig, you were in an accident….don’t you remember,” the nurse asked.
    Simone felt like she had just been shot, a car accident that means she never saw Jackson.
    Wheeled back to her room on gurney, she could do nothing but stare into the distance. When she arrived in her room she could see nothing but roses and cards galore. “Ms Craig if you feel up to it you have a visitor,” the tall nurse said. Simone was curious who it could be, maybe they could make sense and tell her what really happened. Jackson emerged around the corner, coat in hand. She was embarrassed for him to see her this way. “How you feeling,” he asked standing near her bed.
    “I don’t know,” she managed to groan out.
    “Hope you liked the flowers I sent you, I sent you one everyday since your comma,” he smiled.
    Simone lifted the cup of water that sat in front of her to chest level but no further. Jackson quickly intervened and helps it to her mouth.
    “You must think I’m ugly,” she lowered her eyes.
    He touched her face,” I think you are the most beautiful woman on earth.”
    “What’s crackalackin baby,” a voice said from the doorway.
    Jerome, waltz in but stopped dead in his tracks at the sight of Jackson.
    “Uh look bruh me and my woman needs to get at each other, so you need to step,” he said.
    “Well, bruh she’s not well enough for your crap how about that,” Jackson stepped towards Jerome.
    “I think you need to stay in your space man,”
    “I think you need to get out before I put you out,” Jackson threatened.
    “You know what ima peace out, but ‘member that’s my woman bruh,” he said before turning to walk away.
    Just like Jerome to mess up a good moment. Just when she felt in heaven he brought her back down to hell.
    The doctor walked in, his long wife coat and clipboard in hand.
    “Ms Craig, may I speak to you alone,” he asked.
    Jackson got the clue, “well I’ll see you tomorrow, and the next day and the next until you get up out of here. I’m not letting you go that easily girl.” He kissed her hand and disappeared.
    “I’m doctor Elmont, and I reviewed the entire test that has been done on you. I am sorry to say, but you are paralyzed below the waist.” He said solemn face.
    Paralyzed? What the hell did he mean she could move her………

8. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    wow !!!
    sadly she took a tail spin for the worse not getting have that dinner with
    Jackson but yet he stood by her side with the treasure of asuring her beauty
    with a long steam rose was warm and comforting , but the facts remain she
    now to be paralyzed ! all snap ! and now come her worse nightmare Jerome

what is Ms. Craig gonna do !?

I still see a beautiful love coming on this getting even gooder ......

Now that she met Jackson , not how she like but it felt like heaven
    with her paralyzed will Jackson hang around or leave ???
    will Jerome really claim his woman of just another one of his acts ??

More more more !!!! pt.5 Pleaseeeeeeeee!!!

9. $$BEAUTY$$

Ratings:
    +2
    It had been two months since the accident and, Simone’s mother had moved in to help with everyday tasks. “Mad some Black eyed peas and cornbread baby,” her mother skipped in the bedroom. As much as she loved her mothers black eyed peas and cornbread Simone was not up for eating. “I’m not all that hungry ma—“Simone looked out her bedroom window. She could see her reflection so clear. She still had most of the bruises and a permanent scar above her right eye. Some of her hair was missing from the bandages being on so long, and her lips still had scars. She thought that she was so ugly now, how could she ever be with a man like Jackson now. Baby you haven’t eaten in days, you going to get sick,” mama sat at the edge of her bed. “I’ll be ok mama, just stop worrying,” Simone touched her mothers hand. “You know that boy has called here everyday, asking how you doing…..I told him you didn’t want to talk,” her mother said.
    “Who mama,” Simone asked.
    “That Roe Roe, or whatever he call himself.”
    Simone was shocked after all he had done to her why he would call her.
    “Some other fella been calling to, sounds real polite. Says yes maam and no maam real nice like,” mama smiled.
    Jackson? Simone thought that he would have found out she was paralyzed by now and not want to ever see her anymore. The bedroom door swung open and there stood Melanie teary eyed hand over her mouth.
    “Oh baby I am so sorry,” she ran to the bed and covered Simone in a hug.
    “**** somein happen to you and everything come out the woodworks. Ms Car saleswoman of the year,” Simone tried to smile but it hurt too badly. Fact was she had to have fragments of glass removed from her face after the accident, and it felt like hell.
    “Glad to see you still have that sense of humor,” Melanie wiped tears and laughed at the same time.
    Simone's mother backed out of the door and shut it to give then some privacy.
    “Guess who’s been asking about you,” Melanie giggled.
    “I don’t know …….who?” Simone played dumb.
    “Jackson, every night he gives us free drinks and lets us sit in the vip section. Then he comes over and sits with us and asks questions about you,”
    “Does he know I’m paralyzed,” was Simone’s only question.
    Melanie was silent for a few minutes before she gave her answer.
    “Everyone knows that Mone,” her eyes lowered now.
    Just great now he knew that she was handicapped he would never want to be with her. He had too much class to be pushing around some invalid. “Ha, that’s just great,” Simone said under her breath.
    “Simone he doesn’t care about that, all he wants is for you to get better.” Melanie was stern.
    ”He doesn’t even know me Melanie why would he care about some misfortunate stranger,” Simone looked back out the window.
    “If you don’t care about yourself, I guess no one will. And if you want him to care about you you really need to be getting up off that pity pot. Girl you are still Simone, intelligent beautiful, and gods child….don’t forget it,” Melanie turned to walk out.
    “And FYI he’s coming by tonight, says it’s something special.” Melanie left just as she had come.
    Something special hunh. Probably to tell her he didn’t want to see her ever again…yeah that was real special.

Since Melanie never really said when Jackson was to arrive, Simone struggled to keep composure every time something moved in the house.
    She finally dozed off and awoke by seven fifteen. Her mother stood over her with a smile as wide as the Mississippi river. The door clicked open and there stood Jackson dressed in a white tuxedo with a boutique of flowers in his hand. She had to be still asleep, so she rubbed her eyed.
    “Lets get you dressed baby girl,” he smiled.
    Okay yes she had to be still asleep. Jackson lifted her from the bed and placed her in the wheel chair. Her mother pushed from then on. When they got to the closet, Jackson stepped out, and her mother revealed a lovely white satin dress. The door clicked again and in walked Felicia with a bag in her hands. “Baby Jackson made dinner for you tonight, and Felicia is going to do you hair and makeup,” her mother grinned wide.
    “I think it’s wonderful, even if you aren’t really going out.” Felicia added.
    In a couple of minutes she was dressed and Felicia had started on her hair, she was such a good beautician it would take her no time to work a miracle. Felicia wheeled her over to the mirror, where Simone looked. Was that her, if it was Felicia was her hero she looked just as she did before the accident. Her hair was in Shirley temple curls with white beads at her crown. The dress that she wore was elegant and she felt like she could walk again. Felicia wheeled her to the living room where she saw nothing put white flower petals from her bedroom door to the kitchen. The kitchen was decorated with the same white carnations, the table set for two by candle light. A man stood next to the table, in a white tuxedo. He greeted her. “Ms. Craig, it is a pleasure to finally meet you,” he nodded his head. Finally meet her? Who had been talking about her and why. Just as she was wheeled up to the table and Felicia and her mother gone, Jackson came around the corner. He was not alone; a woman with very long blonde hair played a violin played behind him. She played Lionel Richies “three times a lady,”
    Simone knew that she was dreaming now.
    Jackson walked with his hands behind his back. “You know I said to myself just yesterday, if you want something go for it. Because that’s the kind of person I am. SO I thought to myself, I’m a guy who has all he needs…..except one thing.” He paused and took her hand. “A beautiful intelligent woman in his life. I know we haven’t had time to really just get to know each other. But I’m willing to do what it takes. Say you’ll let me in your heart Simone.” His eyes were so sincere Simone couldn’t help but cry. Did she say yes or did she say no. She didn’t know if she really wasn’t in love with Jerome anymore. And the last thing she wanted to do was hurt someone like Jackson. But she knew she had to give him and answer and soon.

10. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    look like she fallin in love with Jackson
    u really got me into this story , i just love it thank u
    next part !! bring it on more more more/....................