Black People : "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp" announced as the Oscar winner for best original song

SAMURAI36 said:
Even if that "success" hurts us as a people?

I dont think it hurts us we learn something from everything
we do in life so if we are to change this as you brothers
and sisters think we should there should be a plan
devised on how we can change this...

If we continue to let things affect our communities in a negative way
then thats all we will ever get is negative

Official G 14: Classified Member

G14:Classified said:
I dont think it hurts us we learn something from everything
we do in life so if we are to change this as you brothers
and sisters think we should there should be a plan
devised on how we can change this...

If we continue to let things affect our communities in a negative way
then thats all we will ever get is negative

I think you're oblivious to the fact that there is plenty that's positive in our communities, that never gets portrayed or represented.

It's not a "success", that the white man choses this group, out of so many positive groups, to represent us as a people.

Thus, I'll ask you the same question I've asked already, yet no one seems to want to even try to answer:

Do you think that this group and their song, is the best representation of what Hip-Hop can create? Is this the best example of us putting our best foot forward?

SAMURAI36 said:
That's an interesting usage of the slang, but the reality is that there is not a Black person alive that is "pimping" the White man.

You're not "pimping" him on his job.....If he is the one signing the checks, then you are the one getting pimped, not him.

If you're paying bills to his companies, then you are getting pimped, not him.

In order to pimp him, you have to have something that he wants........And the only thing that he wants from us, is our LABOR........

That's what Pimps get from "h0es", their labor, their time.

Like you said: "25/8".

Until we get from him, what he is getting from us, then we will never be pimping him, and not only will he continue to pimp us, but we will also continue to pimp ourselves.

Then what's the alternative.......operate inside and outside the system or don't operate at all...........I can't say I'm getting pimped........I get more out of my job by working outside their system than the white employees or other employees of other races get working with their system..........and you can pimp their system even with them signing the checks............you have to learn to manipulate the system to get what you want and need......to me that's pimping.......that's grinding........we can agree to disagree on this one.....

Red

SAMURAI36 said:
By the "region", I assume you mean the South? If so, then perhaps you are right. I admit, that as a Northerner myself, I am biased to Hip-Hop that comes from the North (NY, NJ, PHILLY, DC, etc).

However, There are MC's worldwide who keep the culture pure, like RAS KASS (LA), COMMON (CHICAGO), and others.

So it's not just a regional thing, it's a traditional thing.

By "pure" I assume you mean having a sound reminiscent of NY's glory years. If that's what you mean by keeping the culture pure, so be it. All in all, a dope track is a dope track, regardless of region. Its a lot of NY heads that appreciate Juicy's gift with the ASR-10. They may not dig the entire buck movement, but a lot of em still respect 3-6's interpretation. Personally, I don't even call what Lil Jon, 3-6, Cash Money, Luke, No Limit, and host of other "popular" southern artists do hip hop. It deserves of genre of its own. I lot of elitists (especially NY heads) like to put the downfall of hip hop and southern artists, when the truth is, the INDUSTRY caused the downfall. A lot of southern artists were rich being independent and catering to the southern region before the "majors" came knocking with astronomical distribution deals.
It would have been extremely difficult to market these artists as a new genre of urban music, so the majors conveniently placed them in the hip hop genre.

MississippiRed said:
Then what's the alternative.......operate inside and outside the system or don't operate at all...........I can't say I'm getting pimped........I get more out of my job by working outside their system than the white employees or other employees of other races get working with their system..........and you can pimp their system even with them signing the checks............you have to learn to manipulate the system to get what you want and need......to me that's pimping.......that's grinding........we can agree to disagree on this one.....

Red

I agree, you can manipulate their system from the inside........I do it all the time.

But manipulating them, is not the same as pimping them.

The relationship between a pimp and a "h0e" is a clear cut one. There is not confusing the positions. The pimp can kick the h0e to the curb, and not suffer that much, if at all. The h0e cannot do this, because she (in this case, us) has no such power over that transaction.

Until you have the white man on his knees, begging you to "stop smacking" you, then you are not pimping him.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back