Black People : "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp" announced as the Oscar winner for best original song

SAMURAI36 said:
"Minstrel Show" indeed.......It's a shame how nobody expects anything great to come for us anymore.......So much so, that they reward us for our bafoonery.

Me and my mother and sisters had this same discussion!
Yes indeed it was a slap in the face and an insult to us!
My mother told me I was militant and a racist!
She said it was the first time blacks performed on the oscars
The my sistah started singing the lyrics
Ya know it's hard out here for a pimp
I don't know the rest of the lyrics but I asked my mother to listen to the lyrics and look at them performing on stage like it's the black national anthem!I said you don't see anything wrong with!

I just posted on another thread, of how they couldn't find a better facet of Hip-Hop, and of Blackness to represent us?

I know more than a Dozen Hip-Hop affiliated groups that have done movie scores over the past year.....Material that is intelligent, and heart-felt.

How do they justify this foolishness? It's like White people want to constantly remind us of how foolish they view us as being.

Such a shame.......And then we wonder why no one takes us seriously.......Not even ourselves. :uhoh:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back