Writing Discussion : It's Called a "Round Robin"

GodofTomorrow

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 8, 2014
So there's this concept called a "round robin". Basically you take whatever was written before you and run with it, altering the story however you want. It doesn't have to be with the same characters or anything and such things can be discussed. I feel that this along with roleplaying will help people ignite their muses and consistently write. I would start, but I don't have anything to offer.

Either submit a new bit or wait for me to do so, either way I'll join in! If anyone wants, we can discuss if you want it to take place under special circumstances.

Great writing concept! However, sadly, my writing muse dried up long ago. I used to write poetry but stopped. In fact, I have yet to complete my part of a collaboration invite with another member here.

But, perhaps others will kick-start this and continue with it.

Again, wonderful sparking idea! I hope it becomes a full FIRE!

So there's this concept called a "round robin". Basically you take whatever was written before you and run with it, altering the story however you want. It doesn't have to be with the same characters or anything and such things can be discussed. I feel that this along with roleplaying will help people ignite their muses and consistently write. I would start, but I don't have anything to offer.

Either submit a new bit or wait for me to do so, either way I'll join in! If anyone wants, we can discuss if you want it to take place under special circumstances.

Okay, I'll start.:)

As she sat quietly on the edge of her bed, her thoughts began to wander. Sunlight seeped in through the blinds of her bedroom windows, and brought much needed light to the darkened space.

She wondered where time had gone, why it seemed to have left her behind. She wondered where he had gone, and if ever she'd see his face again. As much as it hurt her to do so, she couldn't bring herself to stop thinking about what could have been, and if maybe, it could still be.

There was something about these sort of days that made him depressed. A usually cheerful demeanor became gloomy and resolute like a great tower, obstructing light for all to see. So much had changed in the last few months, he wondered if she had. They both knew this was for the best. They were incompatible, his personality too intense, hers so aloof. It was like getting water and fire to agree on something.. all that ever erupted between them was steam, steam that fogged their vision as they made love. Steam that concealed the truth from one another. Steam that made way to the truth: they could only be friends.

Taking time away from one another seemed like the perfect remedy. It only showed how much space they both needed. Forces of nature competing for attention, a constant struggle, in bed and outside of it.

He was a different man now, went by a different name. But still, her face plagued him.

Maybe the time wasn't right.

They both knew and hope that the time apart would be easy. They loved making love together despite the fights. Yes, he was different, but somehow the lovemaking was still intense and she loved it. As the days apart became more of a truth...she decided to open herself up to new adventures and meet new people. He was still fighting somewhat depressed feelings about everything. What's happening to me he thought, as he stepped into his shower to let the hot steamy water, wash the doom and gloom down the holes in the shower. As he exited the shower feeling a lot better, he rushed to get dressed to start his day!

He was a new man and the world was his oyster. He for once wasn't focus on the face of his old love.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back