Black People : It's all just talk

WLGarrison

REGISTERED MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
Who have said to the ones seeing,” You must not see” and to the ones having visions, “You must not envision to us any straightforward things”. Speak to us of smooth things, deceptive things.”
Isiah 30:10

It's all just talk.

I respect all of the posters on this forum. I respect you Destee for trying to provide a forum where serious topics can be discussed. You realize that sites like this are closely monitored and if anything other than “sharin’ yo’ man” or Beyonce’s latest fling is discussed it is duly noted. How did Harriet Tubman first realize she shouldn’t be somebody’s slave? Somebody talked to her about that. Lively debate about serious subjects is always a good thing.

Today we have gained the “privilege” to accept welfare of all sorts from a hostile society. Before the so called Civil Rights Movement there were black institutions i.e. schools, businesses, hospitals, corporations, sports, etc. in the South. These institutions were the springboard from which real power, e.g. equal treatment before the law, was being developed. I am not romanticizing segregation but this was the “nation within a nation” that was beginning to rival the dominant culture. “Integration” allowed these institutions to be dismantled and looted. Sensible people witnessing this breathtaking spectacle warned the blacks that this was an unequal bargain and they were giving up much more than they got in return. The Hon. Elijah Muhammad and Malcolm X were just two voices urging the black people to build on what they had and “do for self”.

However, the black people were misled into trading their own infrastructure for a “job” in a hostile society. They had been convinced that being the “first black dog-catcher” was preferable to owning the pound. These “first black this or that” built nothing and left nothing for anyone except, perhaps, their close relatives. When their tenure was up the whites simply fumigated the office they had and put one of their own or the latest "minority" back in there. As the Hon. Elijah Muhammad had predicted nothing lasting for black people was built. Meanwhile the clocked ticked because time and tide wait for no man.

When this so-called “Civil Rights” movement began who envisioned that the white man would eventually allow the entire southwest of this country including California to be dominated and ruled by Mexicans? Nobody. It is now accepted and recognized that “La Reconquista” will be a reality within our children’s lifetimes. I have nothing against Mexicans in fact more power to them. They are having their children unlike the blacks who are murdering theirs. When they assume power in this area does anyone think affirmative action for blacks will be high on their “to do” list? What then? All other races look out for their own. Affirmative action will be a historical footnote. Affirmative action jobs leave no infrastructure behind to support the black people. The only alternative is a return to chattel slavery.

Serious discussion is a good thing. Black people should do more talking to each other about things that matter. I respect you, Destee for trying to provide a forum for this to take place. The Southern slave states are our National Territory by blood and by toil. Maybe, just maybe, after the 200th posting on this subject some smart black person will read it and say,” You know something, those people are right” and will know how to secure it. Let’s hope by then it is not too late.

Tick…tock…tick…tock…tick…tock…

well said..

you are, however, romanticizing segregation.. but you are also absolutely
correct.. I came to the exact same conclusion.. Civil rights was, among
other things, a broad redistribution of wealth from black communities to white
communities.. black schools, teachers, and the myriad of businesses that
depended on those institutions were decimated.. white schools got more
students.. more funding.. hired more white teachers.. while black folks were
left with nothing.. but that was the big trade.. that was the price for being
able to sit in the front of the bus.. blood sacrifice of some of our best and
brightest thinkers.. economic sacrifice of our institutions that depended on
government funds.. etc.. all to have our kids receive their miseducation and
have their inferiority ingrained directly while sitting next to bobby and lisa..

Segregation wasnt the problem.. the problem was terrorism and lawlessness..
it was the lack of respect for black life.. the lynching.. the entire social order
that existed in the South.. I understand that history has rolled all of those
things up under a single umbrella and named it "Segregation" but I think we
need to unroll it and take a closer look.. our schools are as segregated as they
were in '65.. the difference is who gets the government funds to "educate"
them.. white people.. white teachers.. white administrators. A black
hospital.. with black doctors and nurses.. imagine that.. a black school with
a curriculum designed to uplift black people.. imagine that.. a black grocery
store with foods and products to nurture black people.. imagine that..
imagine all of those jobs.. Black institutions all geared toward benefiting
black people.. imagine that. With those things in place.. then we could go
out and have healthy constructive social, political and commercial relationships
with other groups.. because our survival is in our own hands.. and not
tangled-up in racists social and political customs and policies.. and whatnot..
You not liking me means nothing if I'm not dependent on you for work and
survival.. With our own infrastructure geared toward our own survival, we
then can meet at the table as equals.. and talk and fight and agree and
disagree in all honesty.. no games.. no masks necessary.. but, like you said,
it's all talk.. at least on a national scale.​

I like to focus on unalienable rights rather than civil rights.

Unalienable rights - rights that are inherent to an individual (one could say God given) that cannot be transferred or waived. God given rights.

Inalienable rights - rights an individual has that cannot be transferred or waived, except by one's consent.

Civl rights - rights granted to persons by a body of men also known as government. Government granted rights.

http://www.gemworld.com/USA-Unalienable.htm

UNALIENABLE.
The state of a thing or right which cannot be sold.

Things which are not in commerce, as public roads, are in their nature unalienable. Some things are unalienable, in consequence of particular provisions in the law forbidding their sale or transfer, as pensions granted by the government. The natural rights of life and liberty are UNALIENABLE. Bouviers Law Dictionary 1856 Edition

"Unalienable: incapable of being alienated, that is, sold and transferred." Black's Law Dictionary, Sixth Edition, page 1523:

You can not surrender, sell or transfer unalienable rights, they are a gift from the creator to the individual and can not under any circumstances be surrendered or taken. All individual's have unalienable rights.

Inalienable rights: Rights which are not capable of being surrendered or transferred without the consent of the one possessing such rights. Morrison v. State, Mo. App., 252 S.W.2d 97, 101.

well said..

you are, however, romanticizing segregation.. but you are also absolutely
correct.. I came to the exact same conclusion.. Civil rights was, among
other things, a broad redistribution of wealth from black communities to white
communities.. black schools, teachers, and the myriad of businesses that
depended on those institutions were decimated.. white schools got more
students.. more funding.. hired more white teachers.. while black folks were
left with nothing.. but that was the big trade.. that was the price for being
able to sit in the front of the bus.. blood sacrifice of some of our best and
brightest thinkers.. economic sacrifice of our institutions that depended on
government funds.. etc.. all to have our kids receive their miseducation and
have their inferiority ingrained directly while sitting next to bobby and lisa..

Segregation wasnt the problem.. the problem was terrorism and lawlessness..
it was the lack of respect for black life.. the lynching.. the entire social order
that existed in the South.. I understand that history has rolled all of those
things up under a single umbrella and named it "Segregation" but I think we
need to unroll it and take a closer look.. our schools are as segregated as they
were in '65.. the difference is who gets the government funds to "educate"
them.. white people.. white teachers.. white administrators. A black
hospital.. with black doctors and nurses.. imagine that.. a black school with
a curriculum designed to uplift black people.. imagine that.. a black grocery
store with foods and products to nurture black people.. imagine that..
imagine all of those jobs.. Black institutions all geared toward benefiting
black people.. imagine that. With those things in place.. then we could go
out and have healthy constructive social, political and commercial relationships
with other groups.. because our survival is in our own hands.. and not
tangled-up in racists social and political customs and policies.. and whatnot..
You not liking me means nothing if I'm not dependent on you for work and
survival.. With our own infrastructure geared toward our own survival, we
then can meet at the table as equals.. and talk and fight and agree and
disagree in all honesty.. no games.. no masks necessary.. but, like you said,
it's all talk.. at least on a national scale.​

This is so very important. It simply cannot be stressed enough. This is what leads to valuing yourself and those who look like you. One tends to value and care for whom ever it is that is providing their means of survival. Their means of betterment. Right now as a people, we are not our own means of survival, betterment, or advancement. And as you can see there is not enough valuing of ourselves as a people.

I do sometimes wonder if we as a people are so far removed from the times when we were our own means of life and if we as a people are so psychologically damaged that maybe we can't be that again. But, as an optimist and a person of strong faith, I have to believe otherwise.

it's all just talk...

unfortunately that's all it is,yes we are to phychologically damaged after almost four centuries of living amoung our kidnappers we have sadly taken on the identity of our captors,i can remember hearing folks say in the sixties-why that king fella stirring up trouble we coloured folks got it good today,yet when dr.king was killed these same folks were crying talking bout[they done killed our leader]or how about this..why black folks still talking about this[reparations]stuff we got a black president now and things are good,sound familiar?when whites can just move into the inner city and take it over like blacks have never been there and not one protest is raised then i'm afraid that it is all just talk.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back