Black People : It's about Healing

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by anAfrican, Jul 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    (Queen True just chime on in any time! ...well, all y'all are welcome of course, lol. but my experience is all "in the feild", i never did bother to go find out how they are supposed to say this stuff; i just do it ..)

if you've ever managed to successfully complete a personal Healing, then you KNOW that it hurts just as bad as, if not worse than, it did the first time around. right?

Africa has a LOT of pain. there is gonna be a LOT of hurt coming back out. and when we hurt, we lash out, we scream. sometimes we can run off on a bad tangent, but that is because the we still don't want to do that pain again, so we side step it, again. but if we want to Heal, we are gonna have to accept the fact that there is gonna be some escalation of how we say stuff because we HURT.

yes, we must learn how to keep it focussed, (NOT KEEP IT HELD IN!! it HAS to be said.), but we can only LEARN by recognizing when we are losing focus and catching ourselves. it is important that we feel we are in the midst of friends and family who understand why we are doing what we are doing and feeling, so that we feel SAFE to reopen our wounds for cleansing. sadly, if those wounds get scratched even a little be while open like that, it gets pretty messy.

it is a Blessing to us that it has been Gifted that our Queens inform us that we are Being Blessed with a Healing that is jumping off RIGHT NOW!!!

:bowdown: Thank You Queen Zulile for Bringing the Question. :bowdown:

:bowdown: Thank You Queen Jazzytude for Stating the Case .. with a `tude!! :bowdown:

:bowdown: :bowdown: Thank You to ALL the Queens for Bringing YOU to this Healing. :bowdown: :bowdown:

::flowers: QUEEN MOTHER AFRICA, THANK YOU. :flowers:

2. anAfrican

United States
    Ratings:
    +745
    (i hadn't finished reading The Angry Black Woman thread so i wasn't sure that what i KNOW to be True is actually still True2theCause. silly me .. so this is the line that i was adding until i got to wondering.)

:bowdown: Thank You Queen Truetothecause for BEing the SEEing! :bowdown:

3. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    anAfrican........all's I knows is....

YOU AIN'T TOLD NO LIE!!!!!
    :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Yet you know...for me...while I DID you find out "How to"...help someone along their healing journey....AFTER having taken that trek myself...
    I found out what they were saying we were suppose to say was nothing I had not already heard right in my OWN BACK YARD (home).
    My mommy and dem used to say...."no pain, no gain" and I've found this to be true...NO MATTER WHAT....I was attempting to do or get.

Those food items which are BEST for the body....COST MORE
    Those vitamins and herbs the body needs....COST
    Sustaining a healthy partner relationship.....IS WORK
    The highest paid professionals.....GO TO SCHOOL LONGER..(most often than not)
    Repairing the body....COST BIG BUCKS
    Repairing our wounded Spirits.....WILL BE PAINFUL
    Reconnecting that which has been ripped apart...HURTS BOTH WAYS...
    like eating some really hot stuff...burns going in and burns coming out.

I did not learn no of that in no book....
    For the proof of this, I imagine one need only look at their lives and lived experiences and tell me that something you wanted or need really badly did NOT require a lot of work and/or money...pain in the pocket!

Yet...WE WILL DO IT...

IF....

We WANT to RE~connect that which has been diss~connected.

I will leave you all for now with this one quote from the book: Two Thousand Seasons....

"Slavery--do you know what that is? Ah you will know it. Two thousand seasons, a thousand going into it, a second thousand crawling maimed from it, will teach you everything about enslavement, the destruction of souls, the killing of bodies, the infusion of violence into every breath, every drop, every morsel of your sustaining air, your water, your feed. Till you come again upon the way.

Reciprocity. Not merely taking, not merely offering. Giving, but only to those from whom we receive in equal measure. Receiving, but only from those to whom we give in reciprocal measure. How easy, how just, the way. Yet how easily, how utterly you have forgotten it. You have forgotten that justice is not ease" (pgs. 44-45)

M.E.
    :hearts2:

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    seems like you guys are just into pain.

5. anAfrican

United States
    Ratings:
    +745
    pardon, is this "sarcasm", or another form of "joke"? or might it be some form of "hey! me too!! i want some too! me! me! me!"? (in truth, sometimes that is what happens in group processes like this. the bigger the Healing "group", the better.)
    well, first off. "you guys"? i stated "Africa has a LOT of pain." was that the "you guys" you meant? "Africa"? er ... why is Africa "you guys", brother james? begging your pardon, but you do look the part and are you not sporting our colors? ... uh ... er... my bad; i just knew you were one of us Africans that has gotten so punch drunk and beat up since we been here. oh, right; excuse me - that must be where the identification issue thing comes from. `scuse!

and, secondly; no, it's not the pain we are "into". the pain is "into" us, and we need to get it out so we can think straight. (try that one; it does wonders!)

we are into Healing the pain that this atrocity that has been white-washed over this Wondrous Gift/Blessing has given us. (that's really convoluted, but i don't want to mess with it.)

was the thread title not clear? were you not able to grasp the main idea of what i said?

to paraphrase, i said that in order to Heal, we have to rehash the pain, for the purpose of determining the damage. by the time we begin to realize that all this craziness is "the healing process", we begin to realize just how much very real, very painful work is in front of us. even KNOWing that the only way to is through, sometimes, especially because we are experiencing some benefit from our healing, we can sort of convince ourselves that we have done enough healing to get by, not healed but not willing to live the pain again. so we chide those that we see doing the thing that we know we got to get back to. but if you just bear with us, the work you told us that you did will remind you of how good it feels and you will remember how it grinds into the open wounds of our healing process. ... i hope ... soon, please?

(from the Appropriate Music dept: Me'shell starting her discography. (most of her albums! wow; y'all been file sharing and dl'ing music and stuff like all that?) she's inviting us to come smoke my herb. (`scuse, that'll prolly fly as badly as the response to the tossed salad.) and there's dreadlocks, so i'm gonna submit this thing.)

6. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    i'm just saying that you are dead wrong. healing is not painful. healing is wonderful.
    if you like pain, i'm sure you can make healing painful. i don't like pain myself.
    if healing were painful why would anyone want to do it?

some love to say "the truth hurts". i say the truth will set you free.
    it's your choice.

7. Jazzytude

Jazzytude Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8
    Peace

I love it when we strive for solutions........:hearts2:

8. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    :puke::puke::puke:
    just plain ole sickening!

M.E.

9. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    Sister True (i am still pondering a response to the ABW thread) but this one caught my eye.

What is sickening about james synopsis about healing and pain? Is that what is sickening? That he claims it's a choice? or his disregard for the process, assuming even that can be pain free?

I dont know - i DO know, however, that when you respond so short and.. graphic.. there is more on your mind.

if you care to share, please do.

:heart:

10. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    for the record i have been through as much, if not more, therapy than anyone here.
    i have taken myself apart and put myself back together.
    i do know a thing or two from direct personal experience.

healing is not painful it is wonderful.

anybody who finds great pain in personal restructuring is probably not doing it right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.