Khasm13 : It's a war on black men....

Discussion in 'Khasm13' started by Khasm13, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,471
    http://www.democracynow.org/2012/3/29/killed_at_home_white_plains_ny

As the Trayvon Martin case draws national attention, we look at another fatal shooting of an African-American male that has received far less scrutiny. Kenneth Chamberlain, Sr., a 68-year-old African-American Marine veteran, was fatally shot in November by White Plains, NY, police who responded to a false alarm from his medical alert pendant. The officers broke down Chamberlain’s door, tasered him, and then shot him dead. Audio of the entire incident was recorded by the medical alert device in Chamberlain’s apartment. We’re joined by family attorneys and Chamberlain’s son, Kenneth Chamberlain, Jr., who struggles through tears to recount his father’s final moments, including the way police officers mocked his father’s past as a marine. "For them to look at my father that way, (with) no regard for his life, every morning I think about it," he says. [includes rush transcript]

This story hurt me deeply....

one love
    khasm

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    it's worse than a war ... for in war ... those on opposing sides don't intentionally kill their own fellow soldiers

they've set up situations and circumstances that have yall killing each other ... as they kill you too

this aint war ... this is something else ... i don't know the military term ... but war seems quite lacking

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

3. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,587
    [​IMG]

4. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043

Yeah I made a thread about it earlier.. http://www.destee.com/index.php?thr...t-shoot-dead-68-year-old-black-veteran.71351/

5. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,471
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/03/howard-morgan-ex-cop-shot_n_1399834.html

As much of the country follows the Trayvon Martin case, activists in Chicago are hoping to bring some of that attention to Howard Morgan, a former Chicago police officer who was shot 28 times by white officers -- and lived to tell his side of the story.
    Morgan was off-duty as a detective for the Burlington Northern Santa Fe railroad when he was pulled over for driving the wrong way on a one-way street on Feb 21, 2005, the Chicago Sun-Times reports. While both police and Morgan agree on that much, what happened next is a mystery.
    According to police, Morgan opened fire with his service weapon when officers tried to arrest him, which caused them to shoot him 28 times. His family, however, very much doubts those claims.
    “Four white officers and one black Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railroad police man with his weapon on him — around the corner from our home — and he just decided to go crazy? No. That’s ludicrous,” Morgan's wife, Rosalind Morgan, told the Sun-Times.
    365 24/7...hunting season for the black man
    one love
    khasm

6. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,471
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nuel-Loggins-Jr-outside-daughters-school.html

For the Marines who served with Sgt Manuel Loggins Jr., it would have been an injustice to stay quiet.
    So in a move that broke with the military's tradition, Loggins' commanding officer at California's Camp Pendleton publicly rebuked civilian authorities in neighboring Orange County for their handling of the investigation into the fatal February 7 shooting by a deputy of the highly esteemed Marine.
    Many Marines have been investigated by police and had their behavior publicly dissected by civilian prosecutors in high-profile cases. Only weeks before Sgt Loggins' death, a former Camp Pendleton Marine was arrested in the killing of four homeless men in Orange County.
    [​IMG]
    Gunned down: A police officer shot Sgt Manuel Loggins Jr when he was allegedly acting strangely and would not obey orders from sheriff's deputies
    While Marines have each other's backs on the battlefield, when they get into trouble back home off base, the military tends to step aside while police investigate. But Marines say this time was different.
    The death of Sgt Loggins has rocked the tight-knit Marine Corps community. Fellow troops describe him as a devout Christian man who was dedicated to his pregnant wife and three children — and was nothing like the picture painted by law enforcement.

7. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,471
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-b...-police-drew-guns-outside-home-135758815.html

Not recognizing him at first, two police officers drew their guns on Torii Hunter after responding to a burglar alarm at his Orange County home on Wednesday.
    The Los Angeles Angels outfielder eventually proved his identity to the cops, who left after determining everything was safe and secure. Hunter then took to Twitter, managing to tell the frightening story with a sense of humor and appreciation, and without malice.
    Well, much malice, anyway.
    Hey Twitterland! I'm not upset that the cops did their job today. I'm actually glad they were protecting (my) home.
    — Torii Hunter (@toriihunter48) April 4, 2012
    Hunter did describe himself to the Los Angeles Times as a "prisoner in my own home," and his feelings seemed to be hurt that police didn't know who he was at first and didn't take his word after he identified himself as the property's owner (and, presumably, as someone who plays Major League Baseball). When it was over, Hunter said the police wished him and the Angels good luck.
    When I showed him my ID, he said I'm an angel fan hope u guys have a great season. ARE U KIDDING ME!!!!!! Lol

Hunter also told The Times that he thought the police might be home invaders at first. He considered getting a knife from the kitchen before going to the door and "Bruce Lee-ing on whoever was there." (Did Bruce Lee do a lot of work with knives? Anyway.) Hunter made another frightening admission to ESPN Los Angeles:
    "I had a pistol upstairs. I'm a licensed gun owner. I'm glad I didn't get it because I could have been shot. What would have happened if I went out there?"

8. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,471
    smh...
    http://www.suntimes.com/11730457-417/man-shot-28-times-by-chicago-cops-gets-40-years-in-prison.html

A man who was shot 28 times by Chicago Police officers during a 2005 traffic stop was sentenced Thursday to 40 years in prison for attempted murder.
    Judge Clayton J. Crane handed down the sentence against Howard Morgan at the Cook County Criminal Courthouse at 26th and California.
    Morgan, a former Chicago Police officer, was working as a police officer for the Burlington Northern Santa Fe Line in 2005 when he was shot by the officers, who said Morgan opened fired when they tried to arrest him. He was in the hospital for seven months.
    He was later charged with four counts of attempted murder, three counts of aggravated battery and one count of aggravated discharge of a firearm at a police officer.
    In 2007, a jury acquitted Morgan of aggravated battery and discharging a weapon at a police officer, but deadlocked on the attempted murder charges.

9. Corvo

Corvo navigator of live MEMBER

United States
    Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    It's getting to where you can't answer the door.

10. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,471
    ‘Long Live Zimmerman’ Painted On Ohio State’s Black Cultural Center

[​IMG]
    As students at The Ohio State University approached the Frank W. Hale Jr. Black Cultural Center Thursday morning, they were met by three simple words loaded with a malicious meaning: Long Live Zimmerman.
    The vandalism is in reference to George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch leader responsible for the murder of slain Florida teen Trayvon Martin.
    Students immediately took to social media to express their anger, tweeting the university’s president and circulating the photo.

http://blacklikemoi.com/2012/04/bla...painted-on-ohio-states-black-cultural-center/