Black People : It's 2011, are we making progress?

Okay Obama has been in office for 2 years now. But besides that, are we making progress? If so, how?

I think someone asked this...But my searching capabilities on Destee aren't the best.
According to the recent National Urban League, research and statistics, in their recent State of black America report,

the national African American community has declined to a worse condition in 2010 then when we were in in 2009.

But look at what has happened in

Agriculture, Energy,

Economics, Military, Health care, Education, Public housing, Public services, Personal Privacy,

in the past 2 years, and how that has effected every American and how it has effected us

According to the recent National Urban League, research and statistics, in their recent State of black America report,

the national African American community has declined to a worse condition in 2010 then when we were in in 2009.

But look at what has happened in

Agriculture, Energy,

Economics, Military, Health care, Education, Public housing, Public services, Personal Privacy,

in the past 2 years, and how that has effected every American and how it has effected us

Wow, after two full term Bush presidents, let's not forget the conditions of this country when President Obama was elected into office...a MESS. He was extremely honest when he said "America, it will get worse before it gets better."

In my opinion, you have to get things back on a right path before you can start to make progress, we were way on left field without a road map, but now I can see the direction and trust progress will come.

The healthcare bill is a huge hurting for many...and the jury is still out on that and will be through the end of his term.

The billions upon billions spent on war, I understand the President's mission to pull out our troops, but how you phase them out must be done methodically so I'm not surprised that it's not been done.

All I can say is the Bush administration really got us in deep, it will take longer than one term in office to really see some progress.

Okay Obama has been in office for 2 years now. But besides that, are we making progress? If so, how?

I think someone asked this...But my searching capabilities on Destee aren't the best.

That's a hard question to answer. For every one statistic about the black community that has improved over the years, there's another statistic about us that has gotten worse. It's like we haven't really improved or gotten worse, we've just traded in one set of issues for another.

When I moved to Atlanta I thought to myself, "Wow, so many successful, wealthy, educated, business-minded black people concentrated in one place, this is great. Look at how far we've come. But then when you take a closer look at things you see the crabs-in-a-barrel syndrome amongst our people is just as rampid as it ever was.

Some (not all) of those successful black people got where they are by taking advantage of other brothers and sisters, using them to get what they want, then once their wealth was obtained, disassociating themselves from the same people who got them there in the first place.

I then thought that as far as we've come as a people, just imagine how much further we would we be if our successes were gained by capitalizing on each others' strengths as opposed to taking advantage of each others' weaknesses.

Sometimes progress can be a double edged sword. What good is the progress of one of us if it comes at the expense of another one of us?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back