Pan Africanism : Italy's newest Black MP...racial taunting

I find it very interesting to see how Blacks in European countries are coping with racism as they try to achieve social mobility.

I can't post the link yet, but google Cecile Kyenge, Italian MP.

You are in luck Debra8, no, just kidding... I ran out of time yesterday; otherwise, the article would have been posted then, lol...

In addition to his `'bonga bonga" slur, Mario Borghezio, a European parliamentarian for the League, warned in an interview with Radio 24 that Kyenge would try to "impose tribal traditions" from her native Congo on Italy.

r-CECILE-KYENGE-ITALY-RACISM-large570.jpg

Italy's new Prime Minister Enrico Letta, Minister for Integration Cecile Kyenge and Italian President Giorgio Napolitano pose during the swearing in ceremony of the new government at Quirinale palace on April 28, 2013 in Rome, Italy. (Photo by Giorgio Cosulich/Getty Images)

Cecile Kyenge, First Black Italian Cabinet Member, Target Of Racist Remarks

ROME -- It was hailed as a giant step forward for racial integration in a country that has long been ill at ease with its growing immigrant classes. But Cecile Kyenge's appointment as Italy's first black Cabinet minister has instead exposed the nation's ugly race problem, a blight that flares regularly on the soccer pitch with racist taunts and in the diatribes of xenophobic politicians – but has now raised its head at the center of political life.
One politician from a party that not long ago ruled in a coalition derided what he called Italy's new `'bonga bonga government." On Wednesday, amid increasing revulsion over the reaction, the government authorized an investigation into neo-fascist websites whose members called Kyenge "Congolese monkey" and other epithets.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/01/cecile-kyenge-italy-racism_n_3193206.html

Peace In,

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back