Food Discussion : Ital Diet?

Discussion in 'Food Discussion and Recipes' started by Bootzey, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +862
    Any Rastas or non-Rastas out there following the ital diet?

I'd like to know what your experiences and revelations are?

2. soulosophy

soulosophy Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +123
    I am a vegan & whilst i was in new york I was finding it difficult to find somewhere I could get me some vegan food. A friend treated me and my daughter to this Ital eatery where their ingredients consisted of meat free and dairy free. The food did taste extremely delicious. Even my daughter, who is very fussy when it comes to food, enjoyed it.

I'm trying to find and create some dairy free and meat free recipes. I eat a lot of soya bean products such as tofu etc but I've been reading up on soya products that a lot of them contain hidden MSG's.

"Soybeans are very high in natural glutamic acid. To produce soy products, several methods are used, most of which create free glutamic acid, the form of glutamate most readily absorbed into the blood stream. Most of us here react to products such as tofu, soy milk, hydrolyzed protein, lecithin, soy protein, soybeans oil, etc. Of course, the amount of free glutamate in these products varies. A study done in Hawaii showed that after several years of including soy bean products in the diet of the test volunteers, all of the subjects showed to have diminished brain capacities, compared to control groups...another reason to avoid soy. Have you tried the Rice Dream rice milk? It may not be as tasty as soy milk, but it works well in cooking and baking."

Peace...
    1UL

3. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +862
    I've been a vegetarian-oid for some time now. I bear witness that it takes a while for your brain and palate to become deprogrammed from "meat" entrees. That is the reason for the popularity of soy products. I noticed that veggie newbies want/need to replace their meat with psuedo meat. Thankfully, I have moved past that. Don't get it twisted, there are some soy entrees that I love and won't give up. But it's not a consistent thing with me anymore.