Black People : It time to stop the media from race baiting us with Zimmerman.

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by ru2religious, Jul 26, 2013.

1. ru2religious

ru2religious Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,891
    A few weeks back it was known that Zimmerman was going to go Scott free - but the problem is we've gotten so far off track and have not paid close attention to how the media has actually manipulated our people. Its like they use our people as test subjects to see how emotional we will get over someone that is outside of our race killing us.

But I think its time now to wake our people back up and lets monitor our emotions and how easy they can be played with. Zimmerman killed that innocent boy and I will get on this a little more - but I think we need to change the pace here and shut the media down.

Many of our people say "well if Zimmerman was black he would be in prison" and many of our people believed this but now its time to hear the truth.

In 2009 there was an almost exact case like George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin but it wasn't given to the media to exploit for whatever reasons. There was a man black man named Roderick Scott who was a neighborhood watchman said he saw a 17 year old white kid named Christopher Cervini and two of his friends trying to break into his neighbors car. He said that little white boy charged him, he got scared of that little white boy and shot him dead. Roderick Scott is not small dude - I mean he's walking around looking like NFL Linemen. He said he shot the boy - but there were no witness - yet he was found NOT GUILTY in the state of New York.

He like George Zimmerman was charged with Second Degree Murder - but it was later dropped down to a lesser charge of Manslaughter. When it was all said and done the jury found Roderick Scott not guilt. Roderick Scott and George Zimmerman have a lot in common. Was the black man sick of white people? I have no idea - was Zimmerman a racist - well as a brotha; yep!! I can say that because I'm a brutha but what can that white man say? Can he say yep because he's a devil? Maybe?

I brought this up because our people have been glued to the TVs watching this whole trial play out and I didn't get interested in it until a day before the verdict. The media plays with our peoples mind - baiting us into a race war kick start marshal law on the citizen. They already started that with HR 347 and 215 of the Patriot Act. The Trayvon Martin case was to simple get laws enacted to ban Americans from guns which violates the Constitution amendment which is the right to bare arms. Once they've taken away the gun - people can no long defend themselves from the Tyranny of the government.

We have to be more careful and pay attention.

We we want true change we have to stop asking for from other people; period! Al Sharpton talking about marching. First of all every time we've marched on any occasions they gave us was appeared to be liberties but in their wickedness they ripped our family structures apart. Created laws geared against us to protect their whites who are forced to live amongst us which has resulted into millions of our peoples in prison or have been to prison some point in their lives. Second of all, the bill 'HR 347' which was passed 338-3 - is primarily a trespassing bill especially if Secret Service is anywhere in site. What that simply means is that if the president was visit was 2 blocks away from you or is on any piece of concrete, grass, mud, or boat, beach, dirt, rocks or air in all of America and you protest you can spend a year in prison. So all of these people talking about following him might be in for some trouble is secret service, congress, senate/house of representatives, governor etc ... is around.

They have the legal right to violate your 1st amendment right based on Bill HR 347 and lock us up. We need to stop all of that marching - and utilize the internet and make it a REAL TOOL for prosperity by investing into black owed business. From that point it will allow us to invest into our communities but building what needs to be built but with agreements to invest in community revitalization and construction.

2. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
  3. CSmith

CSmith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +213
    One thing that's interesting about the Roderick Scott case was how the police acted. As was stated in one article I read about the case, they "rushed to judgement" and immediately arrested him. They didn't allow him to walk around the police station freely after he had shot a kid dead.

They don't give black people the "benefit of the doubt" when they arrest us. The fear is always there and thus they behave differently when they confront black people.

Black people haven't been able to organize into a something resembling a solid movement since King died. We don't have many good leaders out there. And the people that should be leading us have been silent on this issue for too long. We have an issue with funding, and an issue with cohesiveness. The Trayvon Martin case has been one of the first things I've seen black people agree on since I've been alive. Maybe we can rally around two main issues, the "Stand Your Ground" laws and the voter ID laws. It's a start at least.

As far as the other laws you mentioned, that requires a different level of activism and must involve every American.

We're not doing ourselves any favors. You mentioned something about the government taking away our guns. Many black people can't own guns legally because they've been brought up on petty charges (usually drug offenses). I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist, but they've done a hell of a job in taking away the right for African Americans to own guns.

Investing in our own communities is always a good idea. I have many ideas about that. If it were left up to me I would hit the education front hard. The end game is always securing funding for these types of projects. Since there's no way Obama is going to actually fight for that funding, it has to come from what's left of the black middle and upper class.

The Internet is an amazing tool. We're failing to utilize it. The funny thing is, the only reason I visit these forums is to talk about things like this. It's increasingly difficult to find people on the Internet who are actually interested in starting a real movement, especially one that's going to better our communities as a whole.

4. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585