Black People : It starts from within...

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Nubian One, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Nubian One

Nubian One Well-Known Member MEMBER

Fulltime Student & Sexual Health Educator
    Ratings:
    +11
    When will we realize that in order for others to respect us as a people we have to respect ourselves. As cliché as this may sound "we are our own worst enemy".. It starts from within. We can't expect those not like us to accept who we are if we do accept ourselves. When people start to see that we as a people are respecting, accepting, acknowledging and understanding ourselves.. they will..

That’s just how I feel and what I believe. This can apply to humans individually.. but I was more so referring to African Americans.. Yes, there are always going to be those people who aren't fair, unjust and down right disrespectful to us.. for any of that to change we have to stop doing ourselves wrong. Just as people say.. When you have respect for yourself, and your own body, and mind others will.. How can we attempt to change something externally when, internally we're flawed to a degree..??

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    if you sit and think about it you may realize that we are NOT our own worst enemy.
    that is a lie told by the devil you get himself off the hook.

the best idea is to de link your self from any concept of the respect of other groups.
    do not jump through hoops in order to gain respect.
    it is false.

you respect yourself because you are a Goddess and worthy.
    no other reason.
    :grouphug:

3. Deepvoice

Deepvoice Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    I really don't know whether to agree or not Nubian One. I'm kind of in the middle on that.

4. Nubian One

Nubian One Well-Known Member MEMBER

Fulltime Student & Sexual Health Educator
    Ratings:
    +11
    True.

I was just saying that If I don't respect myself, others wont..blk white whomever.. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't bust my *** to gain respect from anyone.. but by respecting myself 1st, because I know I'm worthy all things will fall into place.. for the most anyway.