Black People : It Is EASY To Hate on Your Brother / Sister

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Peace and Blessings Family,

We hate on each other so easily! It is an easy thing to do. All that is required is for one to open their mouth, and let the venom spew out. Not even perspiration or increased heart rate is required. It takes nothing to hate on your Brother or Sister. No real effort at all. I think that's why we see each other doing it so much. It does not require us to sacrifice anything, labor in the noon day sun, toil, sweat, exhaust ourselves in any way ... just open your mouth and let the hate pour out. We've become so good at this, until before long, white folk might make it an olympic competition. Which Black Person can hate on the other Black Person better. Wait, there may already be competitions of that sort already ... hmmmm ... i'll have to do some research.

My point is ... you aint doin nuth'n, but making our problems worse, when you hate on your Sister or Brother.

Hating on your Brother or Sister is the easiest, weakest, punkest move you can make. It demonstrates no strength whatsoever.

I don't know if you think it makes you look good, to sit in your ivory tower, pointing at the messed up moves another Sister or Brother is making, as they labor in the fields ... at least trying to accomplish something ... while you pick it all apart ... but it does not make you look good at all.

Your energy would be better utilized, actually doing some work ... not just moving your lips ... but actually doing something to make it be how you think it should be.

But nonetheless, hating on each other ... with no works of your own to show ... is a very weak position to take.

We are all Men and Women, with the ability to do what we feel needs doing.

None of us are bound in chains, forbidden to sacrifice or lay our life on the line, for whatever reason we choose.

Yet when a Sister or Brother does this for what they believe, the rest of us can quickly gather together to critique, dissect, and hate on their every move.

What about YOUR MOVES?

What about YOUR ABILITY to do?

What about YOUR CONTRIBUTION to what you feel needs doing?

Recently we talked about Derrion Albert, the 16 year old killed by his own Black Peers.

Do we not realize that our behavior sets the tone, establishes the precedent, for our children to hate on, and actually kill, each other?

Talking about folk behind their back, smiling in their faces, quick to point out what they aren't doing right ... never looking at self ... we're pitiful.

Are we not able to connect the dots and see, that what we do to each other, is akin to murder in the first degree ... with our mouths?

I would like to challenge us, instead of hating on what your Sister or Brother is doing, put on the table what you are doing.

We must lead our babies by example. It's the only way.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

2. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,015
    when you call the police on a pimp putting 13 year old girls on the stroll, or call the DEA on that big time dealer that has school children selling crack,
    is that hating?

3. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
  4. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,015
    what is easy is to commit evil,

whether from a street corner,
    or from Wall street or
    from a world government,
    and I am not sure and I could be wrong, and open to correction, but speaking out against wrong,
    is not hate, because hate is an emotion based on nothing, except probably fear,

it is not an anaylisis

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    I've never done either of those things.

You're demonstrating the very thing this thread speaks of, pointing the finger at another Sister or Brother, never putting your stuff on the table.

It's psychopathic behavior ... or some other big word that indicates krazee, insane, etc.

Destee

6. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Sounds familiar. :?:

7. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,015
    I realy don't understand your point so just let these things continue in the hood is that what you are saying?

8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    No, i'm saying, instead of attacking what others are doing ... put what you have accomplished on the table.

Can you do that ... instead of attacking your Sister or Brother's work?

Destee

9. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,015
    how is stating fact attacking anyone, Bush used to use that excuse when he waged wars and folks said it was wrong, I don't understand?

A person has to be on trial to post an opinion that others don't agree with?

10. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    If this is the position you want to take, attacking your own people, then stand firmly in it ... taking whatever comes.

Do You Brother ... do you.

Destee