Black Women : ISSUES women have with black men

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by $$RICH$$, Nov 21, 2010.

1. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    Black women are interpreting the scriptures too literally and using this upon blackmen
    systems, and financial issues impact African American women's usage .... Ain't I a woman:
    Black women and feminism.

Issues women have that make them leave and or get away from thy black man .
    while economic issues such as workplace discrimination and equalty of women
    upon men, while being under cut by men who try to lower a woman self-esteem/self-worth
    men who cheat / lie and corrupted.

Ladies / sister Queen I wanna talk to you and comply a list of TEN things men need to know not to do
    to a sister,and how to better love her and understand her worthyness and loyality
    what are these issues to why so many marriages fail and what is needed to bridge the gap between man and woman.

There are women out there that have so many issues until they could not count their toes. Women wanted to scream because of what men put them through
    Let's discuss ten most notable things men need to know and stop that is driving black women away !

I'm not asking for nothing evil-mean and breakable just common things that
    many of our everyday sisters go through with and her issues known/felt or seen about men.

2. noor100

noor100 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +566
    Brother Rich I tend to agree with many things in this article i came across and i hope it will be of benefit to some.

http://www.helium.com/items/499192-whats-wrong-with-black-america

by Mekonya CheefusThe problem with Black America is that we as a community have lost an understanding of the African-American family. Because one's morals and value systems originate in the home, I believe that many problems in the black community start at the very place we love.

The relationship between black men and women has been in trouble ever since we stepped off the slave ship. For those who have read the infamous "Willie Lynch Letter: The Making of a Slave," know that slave owners broke down the African man in front of the African woman in order to change her view of him from strong to weak. Once the African woman believed that she could no longer be protected and supported by her African King, she became independent. She raised her daughters to be independent as well but raised her sons to dependent and weak minded. There's no surprise that 142 years after the end of slavery, black men and women still have problems creating a family unit.

Today, you hear black women all over the nation proclaiming their independence and that they don't need a man for anything. More black women are employed, are educated, own properties, has better credit and is able to create a comfortable life for herself and her children without much help from her male counterpart.

But do we really want to do it alone? Where are the black men? Our court system and penitentiaries are disproportionately filled with them. Drug and gang violence takes another good percentage, another percentage of them are living gay lifestyles, and if by chance the select few do indeed make it to the top, they choose women outside of their race.

I believe this is partially how the "angry black woman" is developed. She is tired. She is tired of being overworked, underpaid, unappreciated, and disrespected by white men, white women, and worst of all black men! She is bitter and tired of constantly being beat up by the world with no support system. The brother is deemed weak and useless. Have you ever heard a black woman on the phone with her "baby daddy?" Was she loud and disrespectful to him? Belittling him in the street? Or maybe, she refuses to allow him to see his children because he's moved on to the next woman. It happens regularly in our society and the cycle continues because our bitter mothers and sisters and aunts and girlfriends encourage this behavior. Why don't we talk to each other about not having babies out of wedlock and saving ourselves for men who are deserving of us and what we have to offer. White mothers teach their daughters to go to college and find good husbands. Black mothers teach their daughters to be strong and independent, because an African-American woman can not always depend on the men in our community to be providers due to injustices in American society as well as their own shortcomings. But still the children come.

And what about the children? The children of today do not have the respect they had decades ago of adults, or themselves. I believe this is due to the poor family structure in African-American families. Without dad around and mom working to pay the bills, too many black children are left to be guided by stereotypical images of blacks on television, the streets, and the poor examples of their own family members as well as their peers. Welcome to the culture of bling-bling.

With no stable family structure, the bling-bling culture has taken over the minds of today's black children. The fast life such as clothes, cars, jewelry, money, and sex is what our children are subjected to everywhere they turn instead of a good education, goals, acquiring true wealth, morals, values, and the qualities that turn them into good law abiding citizens. Society has failed our children because we can't get our own problems and priorities in check. Teachers can not do it all, nor is that their jobs. It must start at home.

As young black adults, we must stop and take a look at our communities and realize that we can't just be concerned about ourselves. It takes a village...is not just a cliche but a truism. We must stop looking the other way and minding our own business when change is obviously in order.

3. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    you have pointed out some major things to many problems that we yet have the solution too.
    This was very infomational to the study of why we so broken and departed as family.

This may be true why our today women don't value us (MEN) to be of any good to them
    where most have been taught the morals to be independently.
    One problem you point out is where our women now fed up with being treated less then her worth
    disrespected and not appreciated and loved completely, so where do this broken wall ends and

how can our women revert back to knowing that brothers/black men is gaining strength back, on a rise
    confessing there flaws and becoming more family structured ?

4. Mikha'el

Mikha'el Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Student
    Ratings:
    +246
    this gon be good

5. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I would hope so and that we can get a clear picture of what our women think and feel.

6. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    There's a major listening factor

I feel some men have little concern with how black women feel or what we have to go through.

7. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I agree and thank you , that is a problem.
    Not every man feel this way, I learn to entrust and love thy sisters and honor
    them for all that they have bared as a woman and most of all new life.

When you say some men don't show concern how a black woman feel and or go through,
    are you saying we don't treasure our black women hearts/child birth and there emotional feelings ??

Is this why some of our black sisters have remove themselves from the traditional black love !?
    and look at us as no more then misfits?

8. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    Yes men don't treasure that as much, at least any more...I hear stories of how men leave women during their pregnancy or even after wards...

My daughter's father left me 7 days after I gave birth.

Then they have the nerve to complain about a woman's weight after she given birth to HIS child/children

Even our emotional feelings...Women we are emotional beings, there's just no going around that...We go through the motions with PMS and menopause

I have to tell my guy like, look, I have really bad PMS (my attitude changes)...I mean I morph into a werewolf around that time and I just require patience.

Now as far as why women have removed themselves from it is, IMO, because men have removed themselves....the ones who don't go gay, most of us had to just conform to what the new norm is...going with the flow...go with "non-traditional" black love

Women are also insecure...not to say men aren't, but we are...look at all that beauty crap we have out there....A man to has make his woman feel beautiful...and I just don't see or hear that from men as much

9. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    Thank you sister i truely see your point and one of men big bad habits that need fixing

10. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,128
    bot